Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #16 of 3,729
 You'd think that with the 150 posts I've made (including a mega-post, that being the first post of the 560 general) since last Thursday when I got the HE560, that enough information about it has been churned out, but no, you fanboys are never content.

I just asked if there was anything... Sorry 
frown.gif

Wrong thread, regardless.

(or just "no" :cool:)

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #17 of 3,729
Very interesting times here...long time lurker on these threads but but been away for quite sometime.  Back in the game and looking forward to another purchase soon.

Currently with LCD 2.2 after selling off HE-500.  On my mind as well as most here are the PM-1 and 560.  I sure like to their comparison and especially to the LCD-X of which I am also thinking.

Found the HE-500 clinical comparing to the LCD even with a Cavalli Soha 2.  LCD is quite robust all the way down on lower registers and rich organic tone but obviously missing the higher treble and air.  Lack soundstage width.

Don't know what to expect from the PM-1.  With all the work presented by many of you especially Jerg on the 560, it is a real service to the hp community.  Thanks and I really appreciate all your info.

Awaiting further development of  evaluation on both PM-1 and 560!

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 3,729
...LCD is quite robust all the way down on lower registers and rich organic tone but obviously missing the higher treble and air.  Lack soundstage width...

I found moving from the LCD-2 to the LCD-X addressed those issues completely, but I'm still looking forward to hearing the PM-1/PM-2. Nothing in the Hifiman line has clicked for me, but I'm keeping an open mind on the new models.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #21 of 3,729

You'd think that with the 150 posts I've made (including a mega-post, that being the first post of the 560 general) since last Thursday when I got the HE560, that enough information about it has been churned out, but no, you fanboys are never content.

I just asked if there was anything... Sorry 
frown.gif

Wrong thread, regardless.

(or just "no"
cool.gif
)

I predict a legitimate and dedicated "PM-1 vs 560" thread in the next few weeks.  I think it was a reasonable question, but if Jerg was paid $1 for every post he has and will make on the subject he'd probably be able to pay for the can of his choice.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #28 of 3,729
The release date has not yet been determined, but they have stated mid-April. It would be safe to assume that it will be on or around April 11th, since OPPO-Bluray.co.uk has been advertising this date on their website since yesterday's PR announcement.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #30 of 3,729
Since so many people were talking about Oppo's cell phones and other electronics, I was thinking the PM-1 was a product of the main Oppo based in China...nothing against Chinese companies, but I was glad to see it's actually Oppo Digital...would be cool to own two planar headphones from two different American based companies. Now we need Sennheiser to come out with their electrostatic headphone to get the Germans on board and make it even more interesting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back