Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Apr 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #1,771 of 2,563
I am thinking they could easily shave off at leat a hundred or two for that amazing wood box..
And sell with just the velours should be cheaper than leather. .
Another hundred.
Cheaper cable another hundred.
So there you go.
They could have sold it with the demin bag for 700-800 and still made same profit on the cans. .
:p

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,772 of 2,563
  Everything is worth only what people are willing to pay.

Unfortunately, I'm not willing to pay nearly what legions of people are willing to pay for tickets to sports events (I'll just watch it on TV, thank you very much). During the season before the the Dallas Stars won the Stanley Cup, you could actually walk up to the box office at Reunion Arena, last minute, and buy really nice seats for a game with the Toronto Mapleleafs at a tiny fraction of what those same seats would cost two years later and now (at the new arena). A whole bunch of Cowboys fans suddenly became hockey experts overnight when Dallas claimed the Stanley Cup. Say goodbye to those cheap seats.  

But I'm willing to pay a lot more than what the average person is willing to pay for a fine camera lens (no cheap lenses for me, thank you very much).

In the end, smart sellers will make adjustments to respond to the majority, but I hate it when I'm the oddball with the tighter than average fist.

I hope your right about the camera lens. LOL just bought a 2K 14-24 nikon 2.8 but. I predict the PM-2 will be a very big seller when it comes out in June. More people will fork over the 699.00 for them. The box is amazing and looks nice on my to credenza but really boxes dont make or break a poiduct. The two pad and bette rcable is apprreciated on the PM-1 as they need no aftermarket cable. Oppo did their homework on the cable and  sound stellar with the headphone.   The good thing Oppo cam out swinging and really designed a super built good sounding headphone.  This was a project of love by a very talented team at Oppo and was a great first entry into the headphone arena. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,773 of 2,563
Apr 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,774 of 2,563
Apr 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,776 of 2,563
It ought to be more or less the same price everywhere.

I doubt it.
I'm sure it will follow a similar pattern to Hifiman here in Europe. 
I wouldn't be surprised we would have to pay around $150-200 more for the PM-1, and eventually around $100-150 more for the PM-2.

German headphones are even cheaper in U.S.A. than Germany! Electronics simply have quite a high tax in Germany (as do other countries in Europe).

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,778 of 2,563
I am thinking they could easily shave off at leat a hundred or two for that amazing wood box..
And sell with just the velours should be cheaper than leather. .
Another hundred.
Cheaper cable another hundred.
So there you go.
They could have sold it with the demin bag for 700-800 and still made same profit on the cans. .
tongue.gif

And what you basically described is the PM-2, and it will only cost you $699.00 this summer.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #1,779 of 2,563
  And what you basically described is the PM-2, and it will only cost you $699.00 this summer.

I'll give you a billion Stanley nickels to go advertise somewhere else.

And what's with your signature? Do you work for Oppo or not? Can't have it both ways!

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,780 of 2,563
I do work for OPPO, hence the Sponsor under my name and my personal Signature. The Signature is just there to point out that this is my personal account, so anything that I post here is just my personal statements, and are not to be taken as anything official from OPPO.

And my post is no advertising because Maxx134 is already talking about an OPPO product, in an OPPO thread, that is directly related to his requirements for both the product packaging and the price.

EDIT: Do not want to derail the thread, so I will answer post 1782 inline to this post. The reason why I created my personal account in April is because the NDA was lifted on the PM-1, so anyone could start talking about their personal experience with the headphones. I did not create an account prior to the NDA being lifted because I did not want to participate in threads and discussions which would later be considered a conflict of interest by the Head-Fi forum rules. So I abstained from any account creation and discussions until April. If you have concerns, then please Private Message me or contact the moderators.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,781 of 2,563
  I do work for OPPO, hence the Sponsor under my name and my personal Signature. The Signature is just there to point out that this is my personal account, so anything that I post here is just my personal statements, and are not to be taken as anything official from OPPO.

And my post is no advertising because Maxx134 is already talking about an OPPO product, in an OPPO thread, that is directly related to his requirements for both the product packaging and the price.

You just happened to start a personal account starting when your company released it's first headphone? I don't believe a word you say.

Reply to Hastur/Oppo's edit: You're here only to hawk your product.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,783 of 2,563
Where were you guys a month ago? Not keeping us updated for sure! :/

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,784 of 2,563

You work for Oppo but you are not an official Oppo spokeperson?

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,785 of 2,563
  ...What exactly is wrong with what Hastur is saying? He has already disclosed that he works for Oppo with that sponsor tag.

True. Is he not allowed to post his personal opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back