[Opinions] The majority of teens and Skullcandy?
Jan 14, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #46 of 82
Im 20 and on campus there's a ton of people walking around with skullcandy phones. My bro has ink'd buds and with a decent source and some eq settings... they sound ok. He's now waiting on me to get him a new pair since I told him i would (hence my $25 iem thread.. help a new headfier get started
biggrin.gif
)

For the $10 or less, i don't think the smokin buds or ink'd are a bad deal. the ink'd are simple, small, and seem to be built pretty sturdy.

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #47 of 82
since most people listen to lossy formats, perhaps, sound quality in headphones isn't going to be noticed. It's like polishing a turd. My roommate calls himself a "DJ", nothing but low quality MP3s, very low quality, I can hear how muddy it is. If there is no range to hear, it probably doesn't matter if skullcandies have it or not. So it would be getting them to record lossless, then good headphone/iems, etc..?

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #48 of 82
In Singapore ..the Audio Technica SQ5, FC700 and ES7 are a fashion statement

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #49 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy are "upgrades" to most of them.

I see Bose stuff on the transit more than anything. 2nd I see Shures the most.

I laugh when I see comply makes tips for Skullcandy.

otto

The only ones I see are the iBuds, and Skullcandies. There are a lot of people that don't know there are better headphones than them 2....

Jan 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #51 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowghost6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing wrong with the cheaper Skullcandies really. Not much in the $10-$15 range, and most teens would rather use Skullcandies than JVC Marshmallows.

I've used both(Skullcandy Ink'd and Marshmallow FX33), needing something fitting a cheap budget and being small to fit under a beanie in the winter without rubbing and causing microphonics. In terms of comfort, the Skullcandy Ink'd own the Marshmallows. The Marshmallows have hard, foamy tips. The Ink'd have silicon tips in three different sizes. Using the mediums, I can stick them in deeper and they're comfortable for hours.

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #52 of 82
The Ink'd are the only headphones I've ever heard that are worse than iBuds. While they may not cost $30 like the iBuds, I still think they're a bit overpriced at $10.

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #53 of 82
As soon as people spend more than $25 on Skullcandy's, I laugh at them.
And I do mean laugh, the other people kinda looked strange at me, instead of that SK wearing fella, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #54 of 82
I'll admit I bought the Full Metal Jackets a year or two ago before I knew what good sound was.

Now I regret it. I could've gotten a way better birthday present than that for $70.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #55 of 82
I just graduated from highschool last year, and i've still got a LOT of friends who all go for the skullcandy craze.

i've actually managed to get a good 5 or 6 people to buy akg K81s (or 518s) just because they're pretty comparitively priced, they actually DO look cool and they still sound pretty darn good.

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #56 of 82
For 24.99 (Plus 12% tax), around about 26 bucks I think, the Ink'd buds aren't the greatest deals around. Yes, in Canadian stores, that's how much they cost. Hell, I've seen places that sells them for 39.99.

For 10 bucks, I guess they're a pretty good value. However, in my case, it's an awful one.

Yes, I've heard of them. They're not bad, but not good either. Bass, bass, bass was all I heard. In truth, all of Skullcandy headphones suck. I'm not going to get into another of those uber long stories about how I hate the ignorant consumers and how my experience with Skullcandy was awful, since I think everyone's sick and tired of that.

Their IEMs, on the other hand, are so so in my opinion. I've tried the Ink'd, and it was better than the lowriders, imo. Would I pay over 15 bucks to get them? Hell no. Koss KSC75 exists, and it performs damn better.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #58 of 82
People at my school use ibuds, and if they have a pair of headphones they are skullcandies. I just cannot stand the cheap plastic look. Maybe they got some fancy colours, but the design sucks big time and the sound is even worse. In addition, to make it all worse, it cost a ****** space shuttle. If you see a person with a skullcandie headphone, then point a finger at him and scream: "you fool!” Okay maybe that was too much…
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #59 of 82
I'm a teenager, i don't like Skullcandies, the lowriders and the aviators (apparently) are good but the rest of them, pfft... I purchased a pair of Skullcandy skullcrushers... I wanted a step up from my Lowriders and decided to get the Skullcrushers. I'm a bit of a design freak is one of the reasons i purchased them... i also wanted better noise cancelling, less leakage and just better bass response in general, i'd heard good things about them so i decided to get them, URGH! Such terrible quality headphones, the design just felt like such cheap plastic and they sounded awful, Even my lowriders which cost much less sounded much clearer.... The bass booster was bad... just bad, it vibrated, distorted and made loud booming sounds overpowering the music. Never buying Skullcandies again, gonna go for some Sennheiser's or Audio Technica's next time around.

May 9, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #60 of 82
And when turning the bass booster off they just sounded so flat. I also owned a pair of Ink'd canalphones and they made loud bumping sounds in your ears when walking around with them in your ears... and they didn't last long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back