Opinion wanted: Westone 3 vs UE Tri.Fi 10 Pro
Feb 11, 2009 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

opsek

New Head-Fier
Which one will you choose? Ruled out the Shures 530 because I have auditioned a borrowed pair with my Ipod Touch, seems that it produced a hissing noise. I listen to metal rock, jazz, ballads and some electronic. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 21
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #3 of 21
Unless you like dry airy treble I would go with W3. That's the main difference between the two. W3 fit is much better and it does not require an amp like I think TFPro does.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #7 of 21
Westone 3s. Its more detailed all rounder. Not only that, its comfortable and has better sound isolation. Yup
smily_headphones1.gif

Unless u prefer very clear highs and with low and decent bass (same amount of bass as the W3), then the tf10 is for u.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #8 of 21
we need to know your music taste, W3 and TF10 sounds different, I listened to TF10 before, it sounded thin and sharp to me...not my cup of tea~I certainly like W3 much more.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #11 of 21
As you bring in the ie8, though author of this thread asked nothing about it, ill comment on all three. As I've previously tried and owned all 3.

In fear of repeating myself, I will keep it short.
In a matter of sound quality and personality the ie8 is abit more open, it has good clarity, but for me it was no good with fit and isolation.

Triple.fi 10 pro has a nice sound signature representing the whole spectre good enough for me, but they are big, and will be sticking uncomfortably far out of your ears, even with the flip-flop mod..
For me, in cold norway it was not an option to use these, atleast not during winter..

W3 has good sound quality/signature, and fits like a welltailored glove, some users experience sibilance, most due to tips and wrong positioning(it is assumed to be so anyways), majorly the sibilance issue is not present.
The w3 might seem a little flat(neutral), where the ie8 is dark, and the triple.fi abit high.. For me atleast.

Good luck deciding!
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh, this one is easy. triple fi no doubt. w3 sound lifeless and boring...

That's like saying the K701 are not a detailed headphone, or the Edition 9 can't make any bass, or electrostatics really aren't very fast.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh, this one is easy. triple fi no doubt. w3 sound lifeless and boring. i actually prefer um2 to w3 so go figure.

Really? I feel bad for the Westone engineers...but its certainly an opposite experience in my case...

Feb 26, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #15 of 21
what about UM3x?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back