Opeth - Watershed
May 4, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #31 of 117
They are playing one new song on the Progressive Nation 2008 tour, Heir Apparent . I can't wait to see them live.

Here is the setlist as someone posted on the Opeth forum.

Masters Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
In My Time of Need
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

Apparently this is the first tour they are playing Wreath live. I can't wait!

May 4, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #32 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have released a video for "Porcelain Heart" (they released it 2008-04-23).

Opeth - The official site

EDIT: After listening to this video a couple of times I'm in love with it
smily_headphones1.gif

They played Porcelain Heart video on MTV2 Headbangers Ball last night, a great start to the HBB show with first three videos:
-new Arch Enemy
-new Opeth
-new Behemoth

All three very high production quality, looked great.

May 4, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #33 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They played Porcelain Heart video on MTV2 Headbangers Ball last night, a great start to the HBB show with first three videos:
-new Arch Enemy
-new Opeth
-new Behemoth

All three very high production quality, looked great.

I recorded this last night(though i had already seen the new Opeth video on their site. HBB is too annoying to watch, they splash those idiotic graphics on the middle of the screen DURING THE VIDEO.

Oh well....I am liking what I have heard of the new Opeth album and the assortment of songs they are playing are pretty heavy.

May 4, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #34 of 117
Just saw the video for porcelain heart. The first of any material from Watershed that I've heard. Very cool video. The setting was always what I had pictured in my head when listening to opeth. The song wasnt bad. Not really anything new. I think my favorite part was the drum part where he goes off and kind of plays all this crazy stuff behind the main riff.

Jun 1, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #36 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone succeeded in backing up the bonus tracks on the second disc? EAC only sees 1 data track
frown.gif

Huh, that's weird...I'm listening to the ripped Special Edition CD right now with all 10 tracks.

PM me if you still have trouble with getting the last two bonus tracks.

Jun 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #41 of 117
I was disappointed that the bonus tracks weren't on the CD with SE, but I just made my own copy with them included.

The lack of any real case on the Special Edition was annoying too.

Jun 1, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #42 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was disappointed that the bonus tracks weren't on the CD with SE, but I just made my own copy with them included.

The lack of any real case on the Special Edition was annoying too.

I like it way better when the bonus songs are on a separate CD. I really HATE, I really mean _HATE_, it that my Morningrise end with "Eternal Soul Torture". Torture is exactly what it is after the incredibly beautiful "To bid you farewell". If I play the whole CD I have to hurry to press stop when TBYF ends to preserve the mood.

Jun 1, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #43 of 117
Well it's also on a bonus DVD, not CD. I just tack them on the end myself. No reason one couldn't remove a song as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #44 of 117
My special edition copy arrived today (without the promised autographs and poster... hrmph). I checked the DVD and all of the audio tracks are Dolby Digital and DTS--both lossy! Not a single lossless PCM track. What's up with that?

There is currently no way to have lossless versions of the bonus tracks.

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #45 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My special edition copy arrived today (without the promised autographs and poster... hrmph). I checked the DVD and all of the audio tracks are Dolby Digital and DTS--both lossy! Not a single lossless PCM track. What's up with that?

There is currently no way to have lossless versions of the bonus tracks.

In the same boat as you. Dolby is a joke and DTS should only be for movie DVDs. Doesn't anyine know that LPCM can be decoded by regular old DVD players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back