Opeth - Watershed
Apr 14, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #16 of 117
Here's a sample of the new single
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #17 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please report back on the quality of the remastered version. I'm thinking about getting this also but not sure if the remastered version is worth the trouble.

I for one love the new remaster, still haven't listened to the 5.1 mix, but soon....soon.

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #21 of 117
Looking forward to the album (Special Edition on pre-order) and also seeing them live on 5/20! I am psyched!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #22 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a high quality version of Lotus Eater : Opeth - 'Lotus Eater' freedownload

I'm really enjoying your Watershed previews
smily_headphones1.gif

Great job. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #26 of 117
They have released a video for "Porcelain Heart" (they released it 2008-04-23).

Opeth - The official site

EDIT: After listening to this video a couple of times I'm in love with it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #27 of 117
OK, with a friend in the record industry i heard a promo today.
i am really impressed! it takes elements from ghost reveries, and indeed of older opeth records, but my my my, opeth have progressed!

hearing a lot of prog here, more death metal influences, more brutality, more delicacy, more experimentation, more hammond's... this is NOT the typically opeth styled album that it could have been.

ok so i gush, but i like it more than the last album already. consider me pre-ordered.

May 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #28 of 117
The album is great, its different, but its still opeth, couldve used one more really heavy song IMHO, but as it is, it has a good balance and some terrific songs. Porcelain Heart is the weakest song, sounds too much like Grand Conjuration IMHO. Burden is the second weakest song, but has a very unique ending, but the other songs are simply brilliant.

I placed a pre-order for the special edition as well.

May 1, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #29 of 117
Well.. I guess I'll flip the album on right now as I start this.. -flips on-

Mikael's vocals have really improved, most especially the clean vox

It's tempting to levae a detailed review over every minute of the album.. but I'll hold off and give some general comments

Improved clean vox out of Mikael, changed drumming dynamics.. sometimes I find it to work really well.. sometimes I find it to be tasteless. Third thing to mention is the presence of minor electronic tinkering on the album. Not really good or bad. Good to see it present, though- it's exploration.

I like this more than I like ghost reveries, overall. I'm not sure how this will sit with me for a lasting impression.. but it has made it through the first few listens

We'll see

Definitely check it out

May 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #30 of 117
I've heard this too. LOVE IT. Old song writing styles, mixed with some more prog stuff as ppl have said. As well as the nice recent production (but not overdone as it was on some of the albums). I could do without the 'down the telephone' sound on mikael's voice on a few more tracks, and one more ONLY brutal song, as suggested before, but still, the album overall is KILLER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back