Open invitation to folks visiting the Chicago area.
Aug 29, 2004 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I've had the pleasure of meeting a bunch of head-fiers over the past few years and some of those guys have stopped by to visit while in the Windy City. If you find yourself here please drop me a PM or email and we can hook up and go hang with Ray Samuels,John_jcb or any of the other willing head-fiers in the area. We're all pretty tight and typically get together a few times a month to listen and talk about music,gear,life and all kinds of things. We also stop by places like Music Direct and Decibel Audio, both of which are willing hosts to our unexpected visits. The members here have all kinds of great gear and we listen to lots of vinyl and live recordings. Ray's wife cooks up a storm and there are all kinds of really great eats in the area.

We don't really want to call these mini-meets,just a gathering of friends having a good time. Shoot myself,Ray or John a PM a few weeks before you stop through and enjoy a good time.

Aug 29, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 27
When are you guys going to move out West?
frown.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
When are you guys going to move out West?
frown.gif

Heck, I'd move to Chicago but my old bones can't take those winters anymore...

But I'd sure like to go back for a visit...haven't been there since the late '70's.

mad.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 27
If I ever get my CD player and Dynahi finished, we can get together somewhere and have some sort of "unveiling." But I've gotta fit that in between my job, classes, and thesis research. >_<

CD player
---------
Power supplies: 40% complete
DAC: 90% complete
Case: 0% complete

Dynahi
-------
Power supplies: 0% complete
Boards: 95% complete
Case: 0% complete

Aug 29, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
If I ever get my CD player and Dynahi finished, we can get together somewhere and have some sort of "unveiling." But I've gotta fit that in between my job, classes, and thesis research. >_<

Probably should make a UIUC roadtrip of it all, we've got another Head-fier at the Uni this year. Plus I'm still plotting ways to take advantage of Mrs. Samuels' cooking.

Aug 29, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 27
Aww man! No fair. You guys need to move to Chattanooga so we can hang out.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 27
Next time the wifey wants to hit Chicago for visiting her brothers, I'm definitely letting you know. And I will see Patricia Barber at least once in my life!

Sep 4, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 27
Fred, this is such a nice invitation, and one that I'm likely to take you up on this Fall. I'm expecting be back home toward the end of November, hopefully for 2 weeks, and will give you a call.

I'd like to extend a smilar invitation to anyone who is "passing through" the Cayman Islands. I've had an absolute blast at all of the head-fi meets I've attended in Florida, NY, and California, and it would be a treat to return the favor to those fine hosts (or to "pay it forward" to head-fi'ers that I haven't yet met). So far, only Sewer Guy (Bill), immtbiker (Aaron), and eric343 have made it this way, but I hope there will be many others in the years to come.

Sep 9, 2004 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Probably should make a UIUC roadtrip of it all, we've got another Head-fier at the Uni this year. Plus I'm still plotting ways to take advantage of Mrs. Samuels' cooking.

hehe, that would be me
biggrin.gif

If there's any Head-Fi meet coming up or being planned, count me in! I'd really like to expose myself to more and more setups =)

Sep 9, 2004 at 12:41 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Fred, this is such a nice invitation, and one that I'm likely to take you up on this Fall. I'm expecting be back home toward the end of November, hopefully for 2 weeks, and will give you a call.

I'd like to extend a smilar invitation to anyone who is "passing through" the Cayman Islands. I've had an absolute blast at all of the head-fi meets I've attended in Florida, NY, and California, and it would be a treat to return the favor to those fine hosts (or to "pay it forward" to head-fi'ers that I haven't yet met). So far, only Sewer Guy (Bill), immtbiker (Aaron), and eric343 have made it this way, but I hope there will be many others in the years to come.

Consider it done Wayne,give me a hollar before you show up and we can hook up for sure.

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #11 of 27
Wow! what a nice invitation. I'll have to find some reason to get out to Chicago. Can we go to Goose Island brewpub, too? I think the one in Lincoln Park is my favorite brewpub ever since they closed down Zip City in NYC. Goose Island has internet access now so we can post our impressions (of the gear and the beer
biggrin.gif
) right away.

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 27
I'm going to visit my family in Champaign Illinois from november 4th till the 19th. If anything is going on within that time I might be able to squeez it in. I'm not sure though however so don't try to center anything around me. If I can I would absolutly love to go to one of these things. I'm kind of a poser right now and would love to just sit and listen to people who really know thier stuff.

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #15 of 27
I could deal with that...at least I have some PCDPs that I can bring, though not much else. Any possible venues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back