Open invitation to folks visiting the Chicago area.
Oct 23, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #17 of 27
There's always the possibility that we could have one in Urbana, but I don't know where we'd have it or who'd plan everything out. This whole thesis thing is sucking the life out of me.
tongue.gif

blue_onion? born2bwire? anyone?

Oct 23, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
I'm going to visit my family in Champaign Illinois from november 4th till the 19th. If anything is going on within that time I might be able to squeez it in. I'm not sure though however so don't try to center anything around me. If I can I would absolutly love to go to one of these things. I'm kind of a poser right now and would love to just sit and listen to people who really know thier stuff.

It is just as much fun for us to listen to your comments as well. These small get togethers are nothing formal and are often planned very quickly. Plus it would be nice to hear how thins are back in Wa.

Oct 23, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
There's always the possibility that we could have one in Urbana, but I don't know where we'd have it or who'd plan everything out. This whole thesis thing is sucking the life out of me.
tongue.gif

blue_onion? born2bwire? anyone?

Hey, if you can ship out 100+ power cables I think you can sit us down at a table with headphones and cookies.... MMMmmmm cookies.... I need to goto store and get some eggs and chocolate chips now. I guess I could try and arrange it though. http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90431

Oct 24, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Hey, if you can ship out 100+ power cables I think you can sit us down at a table with headphones and cookies.... MMMmmmm cookies.... I need to goto store and get some eggs and chocolate chips now. I guess I could try and arrange it though.

Heh, I have far less time now than I did then. >_<

Oct 24, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #21 of 27
I'd go to the champaign illinois meet, any excuse to get some hands on with new equipment. I saddly will only be bringing my so-so vintage sony PCDP and my SR-325s with me. What I'm really interested in however is going to ol' ray samuel's house for some good eats. We should all find a way to get to chicago, i'm old enough to rent a car or can probably borrow one of my parent's autos (boy do I feel like i'm in high school again saying that) if need be. If any of you are interesting in doing this give me a heads up and then we can see what dates work best for all of us. Aaron

Feb 9, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #22 of 27
Occasionally, I go to Chicago with certain writer friends who call themselves the Unbearables. The last time I recall going was to accept the Firecracker Award in 1998. (So long ago.) I actually cut short a trip to Berlin with my Bavarian then-gf to attend the award ceremony and do interviews for my book.

Ray Samuels seems an extremely nice person and would probably make an excellent friend. Throughout our two email exchanges, he never ceased to be warm, responsive and considerate in matters professional and personal.

Much as I'd love to meet Ray and gain insights into a mind that resolves itself into disturbingly symmetrical circuit boards, I'm not certain I'd be welcomed by others in the area. My trepidation is nebulous, not fixed. It is predicated on silence and unresponsivenesss over time, not overt transgression or tacit hostility.

Feb 9, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
My trepidation is nebulous, not fixed. It is predicated on silence and unresponsivenesss over time, not overt transgression or tacit hostility.

Yeah...my mind is nebulous after reading that line. I started a few minutes back and I am still somewhere between understanding and suicide from frustration
blink.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #25 of 27
Just to give further verification for all you Chicago area Head-Fiers, there's a planned mini-meet next Sunday (13th) in Urbana. Anyone from the area is welcome to attend, so long as the final number stays at a dozen people or less (given the rate at which people are expressing interest, we'll be nowhere close to that).
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #27 of 27
Hi all,

I will be visiting the in-laws in Chicago with the rest of the family the second or third week of May. (Near Hindsdale/Oakbrook) It would be nice to meet up with some of you head-fiers. I am thinking about taking a trip to visit my alma mater - Chambana as well! Got to get me some basketball souvenir to support the basketball team for a stellar performance this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back