Open-box Monster Turbine Pro Coppers from Onecall.com, Still Shrinkwrapped??
Aug 7, 2010 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

alankabalan

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

I recently purchased an open-box Monster Turbine Pro Copper from Onecall.com, and it just arrived today!

However, it looks like it's BRAND NEW!! 
smile_phones.gif

Here are some pictures I took:

I called Onecall today to ask about the condition of their Open-box items, and Thomas the sales manager told me that they don't re-wrap their open box items, and that they put a "Open-box" tag visibly on the package!
(I didn't tell them that they sent me a brand new package yet! =)   )

Well I didn't find any Open-Box tag!

What do you guys think? Is this item brand new? And if so, wouldn't Monster's Lifetime Warranty still be intact?

Thanks for your input guys!

Aug 7, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 12
i would say yes for sure they would honor it. In fact I have heard that they honor the open box deal from onecall

Aug 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #3 of 12
o buy the way one call offers new coppers for around 210 if you make a right offer

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 12
what does your order summary say?  Does it say "Open box" on it?  If not, then yup, they screwed up, lol.  If it DOES say "open box", I imagine someone bought it as a gift and the person didn't want it or something, and they didn't open it.  I think onecall would still classify this as open box even though it is MIB simply because there was a previous owner.  

As for warranty on open box items....SIGH.  This has been debated back and forth on the forums, there is a whole thread on it that I started after I called Monster and was told they did not honor open box warranties.  

But regardless, nice deal!  Oh, and I believe it was reported that onecall no longer was taking "offers" on new ones, so you got the best deal you could :wink:

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
o buy the way one call offers new coppers for around 210 if you make a right offer

That was my offer to them and countered back with $219. I gladly accepted
smile.gif

Onecall is no longer making the "my price" option available for the turbine pros. Glad I got in on the action before they stopped.

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 12
if i remembered correctly, i don't think my new MTPC are wrapped like that, with a hole on top. Well unless the wrapping burst, there is still chance that it is re-wrapped.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 12
I contacted them about the "my price" feature when they switched to the new "headphone store", and the person didn't know if they would add it back or not.  You can still negotiate a price if you call or email them.  I contacted them about the Miles Davis version, and they were willing to come down $60 off their website price.  I got them from J&R instead because they offered an even better price.

Quote:

That was my offer to them and countered back with $219. I gladly accepted
smile.gif

Onecall is no longer making the "my price" option available for the turbine pros. Glad I got in on the action before they stopped.

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 12
I would guess that they sent you a new one because they were out of open box. Unfortunately, I would also guess that if your receipt says open box, then your warranty is no good through Monster. Maybe Onecall can hook you up with a new receipt since you did get a new product?

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
if i remembered correctly, i don't think my new MTPC are wrapped like that, with a hole on top. Well unless the wrapping burst, there is still chance that it is re-wrapped.

i THINK (key word "think") that mine did have the hole in the top; I think monster wraps them like that so that stores can use the little hook to hang them up.

EDIT: I think Reprobate might have it right that they could have been out of open box items.

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #10 of 12
One of the Coppers that I have had the box like that. It is there so stores can hang it up on a wall or something.

Aug 12, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #11 of 12
My MD box had a hole at the top for the handle to be lifted while it is still wrapped.

Quote:

EDIT: I see others already beat me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back