Opamp rolling the Apache
Jun 9, 2008 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

simmo

New Head-Fier
Hi

If I wanted to change the opamps in the apache which ones would I change?

The ones circled in blue or red?

apachea.JPG

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by simmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

If I wanted to change the opamps in the apache which ones would I change?

The ones circled in blue or red?

apachea.JPG

The Blue circles ONLY.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jun 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 9
I know how you feel sometimes Asr.

Cheers,

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Blue circles ONLY.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Thanks Ray!

Has any one tried different OPAMPS in the apache? I recently changed my source to a Stello 220 MKII from a Benchamrk Dac1 and I am find it a bit sibilant and harsh on the highs.

I just tried AD797AN and it improved it a bit, but the soundstage doesn't seam as big as the stock OPAMPS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I should start watermarking the pics I take for Head-Fi.
tongue.gif

haha, sorry I don't have a decent digital camera, it was the first pic I came across with the insides of the apache.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 9
Do you know what your stock opamps were? The latest use the National Semiconductor latest chip with a change to capacitors. If you have this, then trying some other opamps may not work as well with the capacitors Ray switched for the National Semiconductor opamps.

Mine came with the LT1028, which I had Ray changed to put my Apache up to the latest version.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know what your stock opamps were? The latest use the National Semiconductor latest chip with a change to capacitors. If you have this, then trying some other opamps may not work as well with the capacitors Ray switched for the National Semiconductor opamps.

Mine came with the LT1028, which I had Ray changed to put my Apache up to the latest version.

Mine came with LT1028. I was told that mine was all up todate by Jaben. That is kind of annoying as I had to send it back for a repair a few months back, I would have had it updated then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back