Ontario Semi-International Meet Thread
Jul 14, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #121 of 148
I wonder if someone compare these(Westone 3) with SE530...........

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #124 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Renato, you didn't tell me what were your Grado tweaks !? You know I'm a Grado lover.
wink.gif

[Edit]

Is that it ? I took a brief listen of them. They were better than the stock MS1, a fuller sound. A way nicer look too.

Julien

Hello,
Snagging a set of the K340 at the show, it didn't take me longer than 2 days before I became curious and pulled mine apart.

Being the bass "lite" version, the task was simple: open up the plastic grills to let some more sound out and use nylon pantyhose to protect the drivers, tweak the plastic cups with crack-seal cord caulking in strategic areas and use about half of the original cotton batting when reassembling.

All you have to do is think of the "cans" as if they were a pair of regular "box" speakers and tweak accordingly. No exotic materials required. I have not even considered rewiring although that seems to be the general consensus as the biggest "bang for the buck"........ Not in MY case, but as always YMMV as we all have different ears, equipment and ear/brain logic perception.

Igor

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #129 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope.

Are you sure?
biggrin.gif

Jk; got 2 turntables in the basement already, but no vinyl.

And Mr_Peanut; probably late August for a mini-meet.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #130 of 148
For those of you who were interested in my Marantz (specifically you Ryan) Chuck from The Stereo Shop will be coming to my mini-meet and bringing his Grado setup. (Grado, Marantz dealer among others)

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #132 of 148
Great pics - looks like you guys had a great time.

I wish people who have Toronto in their profile would get a PM (auto-generated) or something to let them know a meet is coming. I live 10 minutes away from the reference library (by ttc) and had no idea a meet was going on, I guess I should check the meet forum more often.

How exactly do the meets work, for those of us who've never been to one - you pay an admission fee, and then you can walk around sampling peoples' setups and trying out new gear, basically? (mixed in with plenty of socializing and drooling?)

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #133 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordeith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great pics - looks like you guys had a great time.

I wish people who have Toronto in their profile would get a PM (auto-generated) or something to let them know a meet is coming. I live 10 minutes away from the reference library (by ttc) and had no idea a meet was going on, I guess I should check the meet forum more often.

How exactly do the meets work, for those of us who've never been to one - you pay an admission fee, and then you can walk around sampling peoples' setups and trying out new gear, basically? (mixed in with plenty of socializing and drooling?)

something like that

smaller meets often don't require any admission fee. I'm have a mini-meet at my place tomorrow.
biggrin.gif
A couple of people are bringing some food to share but that's it

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #135 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to recall mention of a "ritual sacrifice" before entry is allowed, Jacob.
biggrin.gif

shhh... You weren't supposed to say anything!

oh, did I mention that the guy who I got that great deal on my CD5001 is coming, bringing his gear and is hopefully getting some GS1000's from the shop
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back