Ontario Semi-International Meet Thread
Jul 8, 2007 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148

RedLeader

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey! Just kicking off this thread, I'll post impressions later.
IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

Jul 8, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 148
Honestly... they helped with the bass I think. It put the right amount of air between my ears and the drivers. And really, this MP5 is driving them quite nicely oddly enough. I'll report much more detailed impressions later, right now its hot tub time! (I love that last picture BTW, thats just awesome)

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 148
great meet, didn't bring my leathered 880's, but I can tell you that the leathers definitely recess the mids somewhat, add the right type and amount of bass and tame the sibilance out of them; for those that know me, they know I can handle my peaky highs, but even I couldn't handle the 880/velour highs at times BEFORE I went leather
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 148
Great meat. (take THAT mr. peanut)

More detailed impressions come later because I'm currently between a Rickard's, a pound of potato salad and an iced tea.

Essentially: B-52 and Apache are amazing high-tier amps, although Ryan says he likes the SSD Apache better, I think that the B-52 really helps smooth out some cans that are generally harsher (aka Gs1000s, HD600s).

Me and Ray Samuels had the same opinion of the "3"s, although that's a dumb name, so they're just the UM3s to me. They're simply the best universal fit IEM ever made. Although me and omedelovitz came to the same conclusion that they probably will benefit from burn-in.

Sam (siicom) wins the award for the best shirt (formally held to Tyll for the Canada shirt we got him). And all the guys that made it from Montréal (pronounced Moréalle for those of you anglosaxons) rock for making it down, and those guys who came from NYC rock too.

And Ryan (the green goblin) is my saviour, and I owe him the first listen of my Red HD595s at Mr. Peanut's pool meat this summer. Not only did he save my can, but he really put himself on the line financially and put alot of work into it. So a big thanks goes out to him. Also props to Ray Samuels and Peter McAlister for making it a truly memorable meet.

~Cheers until later

P.S.: Renato drives like a crazy man.

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 148
IMG_1569.JPG

I look a little evil here, whats that all about?

I had a great time guys, looks like there are already some nice pics, good work!
340smile.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #8 of 148
Looks like you had a great meeting.
Especially nice to see members who travel across borders to make it to your meeting. Hats off!

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #9 of 148
Hats off to RedLeader, The_Duke_of_Eli, and GlendaleViper for putting together such an impressive and well-run meet. Also to everyone who attended and brought along their equipment to share. I wish i could have stayed longer but was coming down with some bug, in fact as of this morning have really come down with some bug, and didn't want to contaminate everyone. I probably should have stayed away completely, but I wanted to see what Head-fi's Toronto contingent was capable of putting together and am happy to say "you done us proud".

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #10 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Penut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good meat everyone, I had a good time

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great meat. (take THAT mr. peanut)

Gentlemen, I may be saying this b/c I'm old and a tight ass, but it is MEET, not meat. Aside from what was on the pizza, there was no meating yesterday!!!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes, Renato is a madman - this should not be contained to his driving alone
very_evil_smiley.gif

A special thanks to: Ryan (Glendale Viper) for all his effort and cash put out to get the meet going - if ANY of you haven't yet paid him, stick a crowbar in your wallet(s) and pony up the $10 already!! PP works fine. I'm dead serious, btw. I think Ryan lost money on this deal and that's not right. Also a thanks for letting me pry open his ECSS so that I could peer inside and critique the circuit (Sorry Ryan
frown.gif
, I can't help myself) - PS, I'll gladly help you mod the circuit if you ever want to start paying way too much for small gains in sound
tongue.gif
)

Peter McAlister - for the largest and most beautiful sounding tube amps I've ever heard - and I'm an SS guy! I now realize that tubes and GS 1000's can live in harmony
plainface.gif
confused.gif

Ray Samuels - For cracking open his apache for me, spending countless hours yapping w/me about everything audio and technical, as well as for fielding my million and 1 Q's... p.s. loving the Apache!!!

I took such a beating for my support of my GS 1000's and Triple.fi's yesterday, I almost sold them when I got home!! Luckily I came to my senses and realized that most of you others don't have any taste
biggrin.gif
- I mean seriously, Jay with his K340's, Renato and his MS-Pros? Especially Nick and his tool box of D-jays....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for Brian's two portable amps, I'm sure someone found them after you left and stored them for safe keeping. I've checked my goodies and they're not there. Everyone, please check your stuff and ask the people you know from the meet if/when they remember seeing the goodies.

Finally, a cheers to Laurent and Julien from la belle province, who endured us anglophones for nearly 12 hours! I really appreciated those SR 100's - time to build a custom Al housing for them.

Cheers!

Oriel

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #11 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for Brian's two portable amps, I'm sure someone found them after you left and stored them for safe keeping. I've checked my goodies and they're not there. Everyone, please check your stuff and ask the people you know from the meet if/when they remember seeing the goodies.

Oriel

I found them
biggrin.gif
, but thanks for mentioning them in your post!

Jul 8, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #12 of 148
with the amount of men all concentrated in one room, i'm glad there was no sort of "meating" going on! (that i know about)

it was my first meet and i had a blast! lookin forward to the next one!

Jul 8, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #14 of 148
Well I had a safe and enjoyable drive home last night. I stopped at duty free and picked up a bottle of Crown to bring a little taste of Canada back w/ me. (I like crown)

I had a great time, and will post more once I have internet again... damn u time warner! I should know more tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back