Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
Jul 6, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #466 of 495
IMO, the cell #s of the couple of main people who are arranging this event might be helpful for many comers to that location for any instructions or questions (If applicable).
eggosmile.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #468 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The procedure is pretty simple, pull up into the loading dock and simply call Ryan on his mobile. He'll be out shortly to let you in, and with any available man power from members already present. We would suggest coming early but not before 8:45 am, Ryan needs get there first!
wink.gif

I'm not going to advertise Ryan's mobile on an open forum, just PM him or me aka pixel pusher for the number.

*koff*

YGPM mr_a

Jul 6, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #470 of 495
A word to the wise: the library isn't open that early, so a few of us organizers will need a minute or two just to get in, get nametags ready and make sure everything is in place. The doors really won't open until 9, so grab some Timmies then make your way down
biggrin.gif

Make sure if you haven't paid that you have your 10$ ready at the door!

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #471 of 495
Yea, guys please don't arrive too early. I'm aiming to get there around quarter to 9 myself. The library took care of all of the preparations with regard to tables and chairs, so it's a simple matter of putting our gear together.

Name tags have been taken care of for all members, exclusive of the wife or two we have showing up. You will NOT get into the meet if you did not RSVP. And yes, those that did not pay in advance will need to pay once they show up, please.

A reminder too, that wall outlets are always at a premium at these things, so please, please, please remember to bring a power bar and an extension chord if possible.

On another note, Ray Samuels is officially in Canada after an easy border crossing. And, as a last minute guest, James Forest (Head-Fi user MaxAmplitude) of Practical Devices Corporation (makers of the XM4 portable headamp) is joining us for the morning portion of the meet!

[EDIT] Oh, and due to some issues throughout the week, I'm unsure of how many cables I'll be able to provide for the raffle. 2 pairs of RCAs are guaranteed and I'll probably throw in a couple of commercial RCAs (Monster and Audioquest) to help supplement that, although I'll need to use them until our things are packed up! :p

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #472 of 495
I have decided to put most of the stuff that I plan to bring on the IC. You never know what you gonna find at the meet
wink.gif

So offers are accepted for K701, DV 332, A250, Presonus CS, and maybe HF1

I will only let go my gears if I find something I really want
k1000smile.gif
Trades are also possible ...e.g. HD650 for K701+$
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #475 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IC ? still new here
redface.gif

You can make me offers on how much you are willing to pay for my gears, I will base my decision on 2 factors: 1. is the offer reasonable, 2. are there anything I want to buy from the meet. OR the alternative, I am willing to trade my gears +-cash if needed.
k1000smile.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #476 of 495
Yea, everything I bring to every meet is on the block if something piques my interest. Though I've got pretty much my ideal setup at this point.

Also... my girlfriend is leaving for 5 months on monday morning, so I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, just fyi

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #477 of 495
Am I the only person not selling something? Well, if someone really wants my PINT or MB Quart QP85 and I decide to buy one of those turntables, maybe.
tongue.gif

I am all packed, just got back from the Transformers movie [AWESOME] and tried to pick the CD's I want to bring... not going to happen, just decided to bring the binders. Hopefully Jacob has enough room in his car. We might have to leave his Wife behind in Hamilton.
biggrin.gif

Ryan - I called Kevin and got your number in case we need to use the loading dock.
wink.gif

Goodnight folks, looking forward to this one.
340smile.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #478 of 495
Are we the only ones still up? I guess I better put my modded Marantz CDP back together and pack up.

See you all tomorrow.

~Renato

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #479 of 495
Well, at the 11th hour, I'm afraid I have to say it's unlikely I'll be able to make it. I was really looking forward to meeting a few folks who share my newfound passion.

I'm taking the marriage plunge in a few weeks, and there is just too much to be done. If I want wife approval factor of our future in headgear...I better show I can keep the priorities straight.

Apologies for the late notice, and a big thanks to the guys who put so much effort into planning this event. At least I paid up front, so there is a little less guilt. Enjoy the day all.

For the next event....I am there, hell or high water.

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #480 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseOx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, at the 11th hour, I'm afraid I have to say it's unlikely I'll be able to make it. I was really looking forward to meeting a few folks who share my newfound passion.

I'm taking the marriage plunge in a few weeks, and there is just too much to be done. If I want wife approval factor of our future in headgear...I better show I can keep the priorities straight.

Apologies for the late notice, and a big thanks to the guys who put so much effort into planning this event. At least I paid up front, so there is a little less guilt. Enjoy the day all.

For the next event....I am there, hell or high water.

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Good luck with the wedding.

~R~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back