Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
May 5, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #91 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets get more headphones like Beyer and Ultrasone

Go Vibe and Xenos are based in Ontario too right?

Go-Vibe is based out of ottawa.

May 7, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #92 of 495
Well, my "potentially DAC and amp" listed on page one has turned into "definitely DAC and amp"! Just pulled the trigger on a Woo6 and a Musiland MD10 DAC this weekend!!
icon10.gif

Was gonna go with the Woo3, but changed my mind at the last minute. While they both sound killer with my Senns, the 6 is a bit more flexible and will work well with my Beyers too, or if I ever decided to pick another brand of hp.

May 7, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #93 of 495
For while I'm in Toronto, does anyone know of any record stores that specialize in classical music? They don't necessarily need to be in the meet area, just looking for something with a bit better selection(and hopefully lower prices) than the HMV superstore.

May 7, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #95 of 495
I know of one just off of Queen right downtown that has a decent amount of used classical vinyl (I'm not an aficionado, so I can't say if it's a "big" or a "good" collection). I forget the name of it though. There's another one right on queen a block away that has a bit of everything. should be close to around 220 Queen St. W area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For while I'm in Toronto, does anyone know of any record stores that specialize in classical music? They don't necessarily need to be in the meet area, just looking for something with a bit better selection(and hopefully lower prices) than the HMV superstore.

May 8, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #96 of 495
Well, the gear list is starting to detract from the other information in the OP so I've decided to relocate it to here. I'll link this post in the OP so you don't have to dig for this. Here we go:

[size=small]Who and What:[/size]

GlendaleViper: Headphones: Grado RS-1, Sennheiser HD 25-1; Amp: Eddie Current EC/SS; Source: Marantz DV6600 universal, iPod (5G 60); Cables: Grado 1/4-1/8 & extension, Bunch of cables, some of them homebrew.

RedLeader - Source: Creative H120, Microsoft Zune (maybe), Toshiba SK741(?); Amp: Little Dot Micro, Dared MP5 integrated; Headphones: Westone UM2, headbanded Koss KSC75, AKG K340

The_Duke_Of_Eli - Source: Sony CDP-515, Ipod Mini (rockbox'ed) / Custom high-grade PINT (once I get it)
Amp: Mr. X Amp; 'Phones: SR-60s, K81djs (HD650 re-cabled), j-JAYS, d-JAYS, pre-production q-JAYS, v-moda bass freqs.

Pixel Pusher* - AUTHORIZED CANADIAN GRADO/ALESSANDRO DEALER

looser101* - Source: Music Hall CD-25; Amp: Aikido Headphone Amp; Cans: Alessandro MS-2i

datamorph* - Headphones: Sennheiser HD-580, reterminated PX100, HD-201, Disemboweled Philips IEM thingies; Source: USB Audio Stick

doxaman* - iPods; Shure e500; RSA Tomahawk; Grado 325i; Sennheiser HD570; Meier Headfive (maybe)

rlanger* - Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Shure E500; Amp: RSA Tomahawk, Woo Audio WA6; DAC: Musiland DA10

philodox* - Headphones: Modded AKG K340 w/BlackGold, Modded MB-Quart QP85, Modded AKG K81DJ w/Cardas; Source: Zapfilter Modded Eastsound CD-E5, Archos 404 [can also bring my HP Laptop with $15 USB sound card if there is a need]; Amps: McAlister Audio Massive Attack, Sol Headphone Amplifier, MisterX PINT; Other: Assorted cables, PS Audio UPC200, Good music

Purgatos* - Source: Lavry DA10; Headphone: Beyerdynamic DT880

omendelovitz* - Headphones: Beyer DT880 (w/leather pads); Grado GS 1000, Koss Portapro (recabled), UE Triple.fi; Source/Transport: CIAudio VDA-2 DAC, Panasonic DVD player; Amps: KICAS Headphone amp prototypes (x3); Power: CIAudio VAC-1

azncookiecutter - Sources: Laptop, HPDAC; Headphones: Alessandro MS-1, Shure E4, Sony MDR-V6

Kryss - Sources: LG DV7832NXC, Sony DNF-430B; Amps: Rotel RX-600A, Cmoy; Headphones: Sennheiser HD580, highly modded Alessandro MS1

WiseOx* - Headphones: Sony MDR-SA3000, Modded Grado SR60; Amp: Little Dot II++; Source: Ipod Nano

yale.reinstein - Headphones: Grado SR80, Koss Portapro; Amp: Govibe v5.

cooperpwc* - iRiver H140 (Rockbox/optical out) > HeadRoom Micro DAC > Headphile BlackMax interconnect > Millett Hybrid (diamond buffers) > Beyerdynamic DT880/600 (leathered).

zsjoeblack - Source: Cowon D2; Headphone: Bang & Olufssen A8

LawnGnome - Source: 5.5G iPod; Headphones: Grado SR-60s, Beyer DT770/08 (maybe); Amp: Portaphile V2^2 Maxxed

rasonho - Source: Philips CDF100, iPod Video; Amp: 2 headamps by mainland China DIYer; Headphones: Beyer DT880, AKG K501 (Modded), Shure E500.

hellenback* - Headphone: Sennheiser HD555; Amp: Practical Devices XM4

Ray Samuels - Amps: B-52, The Apache, The Raptor; Headphones: Sony R-10 balanced, Grado PS-1 balanced, Sennheiser HD600 balanced; Source: Meridian 508 24 bit.

siicom - Authorized Canadian distributor of Shure and Westone products and instrumental in securing their support for the meet.

soloz2 - (Still to be confirmed) Headphones: Sennheiser HD580 w/ HD600 grills and upgraded cable, Grado SR 225, AKG K171 (probably)

vacuum86 (Peter McAlister) - Amps: New prototype all tube electrostatic headphone amplifier (EA-6?), ML-33 dynamic line/phono stage headphone amplifier

Djarum* - Source/DAC: E-MU 0404; Amp: Trends TA-10.1 T-Amp; Headphones: Alessandro MS2i, Sennhesier HD545, STAX SR-80 (with SRD-4 energiser and a broken headband!).

Wafermadness - Gear info is at home in email. Stay tuned.

iliketuna - Headphone: Sennheiser HD650; Source: Laptop with E-MU 0404 (not sure if this will be coming along)

Canuck57* - Dude has one hell of a collection. Ask if you see anything you'd like to hear in particuar. Stax system and Mapletree amp are confirmed.

zare* - Headphones: Grado SR125; (maybe) AKG K701; Amps: DIY original Millett, Millett Max (if built in time)

lazyguy - Shure e3c

chesebert* - Amp: Dark Voice 332; Headphones: Grado HF-1, Koss A250, ATH-ANC7

jayehs - Source: iPod Nano; Headphones: Shure e4c, Grado 325i

pbalcer

zyxwvutsr - HeadphonesL AKG K501, K240M; Amp: Little Dot Micro+

FallenAngel

Larryminator

Killercrush

mr_a

BobbyGeneric - Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 w/ Zu Mobius, HD25-1, Audio-Technica ATH-A500

poiuy - Headphones: Sennheiser HD595, Alessandro MS1; Amp: Headroom Total Bithead 2006

ElectroJunkie - Headphones: Ultimate Ears UE5c (customs), Possibly AKG K701; Amp: RSA Hornet M; Source: iPod

Yepboy

Mr_Penut

Wylie

chimxchim

mbriant

Zanth

MaxAmplitude - President, Practical Devices

*Denotes paid in full

May 8, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #97 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my "potentially DAC and amp" listed on page one has turned into "definitely DAC and amp"! Just pulled the trigger on a Woo6 and a Musiland MD10 DAC this weekend!!

Excellent! Two pieces that I will be very interested in hearing.
cool.gif

May 8, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #98 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent! Two pieces that I will be very interested in hearing.
cool.gif

If the MD10 is even 1/4 the source that the DAC1 is that Woo were using to feed their amps at the National Meet, then I will be very happy with the combo.

May 10, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #99 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the MD10 is even 1/4 the source that the DAC1 is that Woo were using to feed their amps at the National Meet, then I will be very happy with the combo.

Let us hope that it is 1.5 or 2 times the source of the DAC1... I like that math better.
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #100 of 495
Quote:

Let us hope that it is 1.5 or 2 times the source of the DAC1... I like that math better.
biggrin.gif

Hmmm... doesn't 1/2 as good at quarter the price = 2x better? Let's see: 0.5/0.25 = 2

So you're probably correct!
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm not sure that it will be better than the DAC1, but I am expecting it to be a very good DAC at <$300, from what I've read.

Unfortunately, didn't get to audition that link in the chain as I did the Woo6, but sometimes you pays your money and you takes your chances.

May 11, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #101 of 495
Well... I've never liked the DAC1 all that much personally, so I hope that the Musiland does not share its sound signature. I would rather sacrifice some resolution and actually enjoy the sound.
wink.gif

May 11, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #102 of 495
Quote:

Well... I've never liked the DAC1 all that much personally, so I hope that the Musiland does not share its sound signature. I would rather sacrifice some resolution and actually enjoy the sound.
wink.gif

Hmmm... certainly can agree there. It definitely isn't my favourite dac listening to it straight from the headphone jack. I much prefer both the Apogee and Lavry in that case.

However, I couldn't complain at all when the DAC1 was feeding the Woo's.

May 14, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #103 of 495
Bump for a bit more updates. I'm currently working on a good table showing from Jens of Sweden, and perhaps a final production q-JAYS. Also in showing will be j-JAYS and some coloured variants, and perhaps some free schwag.

Remember to register asap and try to paypal GlendaleViper if you can because deposits and such are coming right out of his pocket.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back