Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
May 1, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #76 of 495
I forgot to mention earlier, but if anyone has a phonostage, I would be willing to bring my modest turntable to the meet (Pro-Ject Debut III). I won't be bringing my integrated receiver (too big, crappy headphone circuit), but if anyone has a phonostage of any quality with a decent headphone out, by all means let me know and we can sample a little wax.

May 1, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #77 of 495
I hope someone has a phono stage as I would love to hear the debut [considering it myself]... but I'll be damned if I'll be using the headphone out!
redface.gif

I've got a eensey bit of vinyl I could bring as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #78 of 495
Yea, talk about a brain cramp. I suppose considering we'll be surrounded by quality amps, we'll be able to listen in a capacity beyond just "making do".

[EDIT] While on the subject of brain cramps... Jay, you ever gonna send me a gear list?
wink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #80 of 495
I have a rotel phono stage that I can bring. If I ever get it done, I'm building a Pass Labs Pearl...one channel is currently in testing phase (first one blew up by "accident"...hehehe).

I'm glad you've offered to bring your turntable as I was considering bringing my P3, but I'd rather not travel with it if I don't have to. The phono stage is pretty tiny though.

-Scott

May 2, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #81 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jay... didn't that Disco Turntable have a headphone out?

LOL... yes it does!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm drafting the list now.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #82 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by adolphe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a rotel phono stage that I can bring. If I ever get it done, I'm building a Pass Labs Pearl...one channel is currently in testing phase (first one blew up by "accident"...hehehe).

I'm glad you've offered to bring your turntable as I was considering bringing my P3, but I'd rather not travel with it if I don't have to. The phono stage is pretty tiny though.

-Scott

Glad there's interest! Thanks for offering to bring the PS, too.

Jay, I'm glad you'll get to hear the deck since you are considering it. I'm not entirely thrilled with it, but it gets the job done. I think most of my dissatisfaction comes from the cartridge anyway. Consider it added to the list.

May 2, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #83 of 495
Put me down as a tentative... I could bring K701's and a Heed CanAmp (possibly my CE775 if there is interest). The problem is this is the weekend before I take two full weeks off of work, so I don't know if I can take more time off... I work at Blockbuster so Saturday's are big days. I might be able to come souly for the morning though.

May 2, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #85 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if we don't have any headphones that are decent?

EDIT: well, should have a pair of sr-60's or 80's by then, but im sure everyone has heard those. :/

Anyone and anything is welcome!

May 2, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #86 of 495
Just got wind this morning about a manufacturer participation that I'm really excited about. I'm going to get more details because it's not a manufacturer itself, but rather a supplier representative. Let's just say that this one is for the IEM crowd. More to come...

May 3, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #87 of 495
Please excuse this shameless plug, but I have officially decided that as of the meet, my K701s will be on sale. I'm trimming things down to focus on the RS-1s and getting a Leslie speaker for my organ.

If anyone's interested, they will be coming... and possibly going.

May 5, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #90 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets get more headphones like Beyer and Ultrasone

Go Vibe and Xenos are based in Ontario too right?

I beleive Xenos is based in Ontario, not too sure about Vibe.

We have Ultrasone support in the workings, as well as Beyer, but the latter is a longer shot considering that they're based in Germany, and don't have the same abundance of dealers in Canada. But if you're worried about listening to some Beyers, I'm sure something along the lines of DT770/880/990 will be at the meet for sure. Keep checking the front page for gear list updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back