Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
Apr 30, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #61 of 495
At this point we have FIVE members from the Ottawa area either confirmed as attending, interested or available but without transportation. We would love to see you guys come down. If possible, it would be appreciated if any Ottawa members with access to a ride (and with extra space) could contact one another to see what can be arranged!

Hope to see you guys make it out!!!

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #62 of 495
Sorry I haven't gotten that gear list to you yet.
tongue.gif

Just as an FYI, since I haven't made any for sure travel plans, I've taken the Friday before off... so if someone wants to pick me up on Friday and give me a couch to sleep on or something I could be there bright and early for the meet.
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #63 of 495
No couch, but if you're desperate, my floor is yours, Jay. Bachelor apartments suck, everyone. Just wanted to get that out there.

[EDIT] As far as post-event hijinks, any ideas?

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #64 of 495
sigh.... do you need a ride again Jay? You're such a bother
biggrin.gif

ALSO : I had a nice big HD full of music that I was going to bring along with a laptop... but it died. Does someone really, really want me to bring my DPU-50 or AVR-2000? If not, I won't bother to lug the things. I'll just bring my K340 and let people mess around with the different amps, as I don't yet have one that do them justice.

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #65 of 495
I will be needing a ride,if anyone with a car form Ottawa who plans on going can take me,and my backpack of goodies,I'll throw you whatever you think is right for gas money.

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #66 of 495
Will anyone be selling stuff at the meet ? And will any companies be making an appearance with any goodies for try and buy ? How much music should I bring ? I have a place to stay (My sister in law) so,will just need a ride.

I might bring another amp as well (CC Box+) If I can buy it between now and then
frown.gif
So if I do,any and all will be welcome to try it out,as well as my Ibasso T1.How many usually show up for these gatherings ?

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #67 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will anyone be selling stuff at the meet ? And will any companies be making an appearance with any goodies for try and buy ? How much music should I bring ? I have a place to stay (My sister in law) so,will just need a ride.

I might bring another amp as well (CC Box+) If I can buy it between now and then
frown.gif
So if I do,any and all will be welcome to try it out,as well as my Ibasso T1.How many usually show up for these gatherings ?

Every time I have gone to a meet, I haven't left with the same stuff I showed up with. I generally wheel and deal, but that's just me. We're contacting companies at this point to see if any are interested, if you look at the first post you can see we had some vendor support last time, and are looking to expand upon that if we can. And it really depends, we should have a fairly large group. Keep tabs on the first post of this thread to see numbers and gear.

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #68 of 495
Thanks for the info RedLeader
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there a thread/post somewhere that details the last one that was held ?

May 1, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #69 of 495
Hey everyone.

I'm writing this as kind of a primer for any new members, or those who have not managed to get to a meet before. When we organized the last meet, I got a number of PMs from people asking if they would be welcome despite little or no gear, transportation, etc. This time has been much the same.

I hope the following will clarify a few basic questions and coax any would-be attendees out for some fun.

I don't have any gear/my gear is low-fi "compared to you guys" - That's ok. Part of the attraction of a meet is the fact that there are a lot of cool (sometimes exotic) toys to get a chance to hear. Some of us who come out are more interested in just meeting other Head-Fiers! But it's all here in the spirit of sharing. Just be sure to handle others' gear with care.

I don't have any way to get there - I try to keep any carpool options updated in the first post. Otherwise, just drop a request in the thread and see what comes up!

Will there be anything available to purchase? - It's commonplace to have several members willing to let go of some of their stuff - some more willingly than others. Everything has a price!
wink.gif

Will there be a listening room for the home rigs? - Unfortunately, no. We are thinking of ways to accommodate that, however, as we hope to dedicate a section for quiet listening. Of course, desktop and component rigs will get priority with regard to table space.

How many people can it fit? - The auditorium is rated for 167 people. Space for tables and chairs has to be considered, of course, so the number will be lower. I will be getting to see the place physically this week and I'll have a better grasp of what the total attendance can be. Last November's meet got pretty cramped, and I don't want a repeat of that. Please do note that an attendance cap will have to be set, and prepaid attendees will get priority.

This is all I've got for now, but I hope it was helpful. I will update it in the future if other questions come up, or if I remember something I've invariably forgotten.

GV

May 1, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #70 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a thread/post somewhere that details the last one that was held ?

Yup, right here

May 1, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #71 of 495
That was a fun meet at the Tranzac... I look forward to going back.
smily_headphones1.gif

A couple other rather large and fairly recent Ontario meets: One | Two

The first was at my place, with Tyll Hertsens in attendance and the second was held at the University of Toronto.

There are of course a whole slew of others all of varying sizes:

This one was a lot of fun! | I'm sorry I missed this one... | I seem | to have a | few meets at | my condo.
biggrin.gif

[These threads might be a good place to look for people to invite to the meet as well... hint hint]

May 1, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #72 of 495
First official vendor support! Nankai/Yuin will be sending us a pair of PK2 and the brand new PK3 for us to try out!

May 1, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #73 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as post-event hijinks, any ideas?

Any pub as long as its not Tiny Talent night.
wink.gif

~R~

May 1, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #74 of 495
I think I might be able to make this meet my first Head-fi meet (depends on work schedule, but so far looks good). I'd likely bring my HF-1's, MPX3 SE, and Samsung HD841 player.

-Scott

May 1, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #75 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by looser101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any pub as long as its not Tiny Talent night.
wink.gif

~R~

Haha. "Tiny Talent" still alludes to SOME talent. Perhaps we should consider double blind testing in a karaoke environment?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, I'm easily pleased so long as the beer is cold, plentiful and varied. Provided we are blessed with a sunny July day, a patio will be a must. If anyone has suggestions, fire away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back