Ontario Meet - July 7th, 2007
Jun 26, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #256 of 495
I also have a couch for anyone who needs it and am taking the Friday prior to the meet off.
smily_headphones1.gif

zyxwvustr - I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the K240M's yet and would love to give them a listen.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone has any Bowie on vinyl [especially Heroes or Hunky Dory] please bring it! I've only got a few records myself, but with the couple vinyl rigs being there I would love to hear one of my favorites on vinyl.
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #258 of 495
I don't have an official ride that I'm aware of, but there are a couple people that I am comfortable bugging to give me a ride.
evil_smiley.gif

Still, if your route takes you through Hamilton maybe I can help keep you company for the last bit of your trip. [or you can come down Friday and we can leave Monday morning, your call]
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #259 of 495
Yeah I drive right by hamilton... I'll take the Peace bridge into canada at Buffalo and then hop right on the QEW... so it's a straight shot.

I'll have to see about Friday, but thanks for the offer.

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #262 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you think Ray will be selling his tomahawks or hornets there?

Don't bet on it. He's bringing a lot of gear. If you want to buy one of his amps, why don't you CALL him (expect to spend some time on the phone, he's quite friendly), buy whichever amp you want and ask him to bring it 'special delivery' to the meet? I'm sure he'll oblige and you'll save on the shipping.

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #263 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I drive right by hamilton... I'll take the Peace bridge into canada at Buffalo and then hop right on the QEW... so it's a straight shot.

I'll have to see about Friday, but thanks for the offer.

Cool, I will check with a local friend who is going to see if he was planning on taking me. Would rather not inconvience you if I don't have to... but I will keep you as my fallback ride.
smily_headphones1.gif

We should exchange phone numbers at some point, I have unlimited long distance so we can make plans over the phone if you want. If you are coming down on Saturday you must be planning on leaving pretty early fron NY!
blink.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #264 of 495
I def think I can make it. I should be able to do the round trip in one day from SE MI.

Is anyone brining a Presonus CS?

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #265 of 495
On a side note, pbalcer (my friend and partner in amping
icon10.gif
) has the Little dot micro II+ and will gladly bring it (I'm sure?) if there is interest.

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #266 of 495
Hey everyone, a few quick updates regarding the meet. Some of this is critically important, so please read carefully.

Pixel Pusher made it out to the library yesterday to check the joint out and has uncovered a few great pieces of information, one not-so-great.

1) The room can be divided, so we should be able to accommodate a portable/social room and a dedicated listening room.

2) There is an alternative parking garage that appears to be more convenient than the one listed in the OP. It is not a part of the Green P network, but I will be checking out the details on Monday, including rates and specific location.

3) Neither the main entrance nor the loading dock area lead directly to the auditorium. This means that we will need to traverse the main floor of the library with our gear. As such, I would like to request that any members bringing large (in size and/or amounts of) gear show up as early as possible to avoid commotion during library hours. This is a non-issue when we tear down, as we have the space two hours past normal library hours. I will consult the library as far as how they want us to handle ourselves when we come in to set up.

4) The room is a LOT smaller than the library made it out to be and, while we still have lots of room to play with, we have to set an official cap to the total headcount. I would rather be conservative in this regard, so we are capping it at 45. I may extend this to 50 once I have a chance to finalize the room layout with the coordinators at the library. At this point we have 35 confirmed attendees which means that we have room for only 10 more people.

I will be meeting with the coordinators at the library on Monday to finalize details like table and chair layouts, room division and logistics for getting set up in the morning.

A few special requests:

- I am as yet unaware of whether the tables provided will be fitted with tablecloths. In the event they are not covered, please be prepared to bring one of your own if it's required.

- Chesebert is coming out all the way from Michigan, and could use a spare SPDIF cable during the meet if anyone has an extra they can lend him.

- The auditorium has a number of outlets, but as usual, please be prepared to being a powerbar and extension cord.

Things are looking great folks. I will have concrete details with regard to the above on Monday. Please send any questions my way or in the thread and I will get to them ASAP.

See you all soon!

~Ryan

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #267 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chesebert is coming out all the way from Michigan, and could use a spare SPDIF cable during the meet if anyone has an extra they can lend him.

Optical SPDIF or coaxial? If coaxial, I have one that he can use that was made for me by looser101. It doesn't look pretty, but it is an excellent performer. Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The auditorium has a number of outlets, but as usual, please be prepared to being a powerbar and extension cord.

I will try to bring any extras that I have. I hope that I'm not being greedy in wanting one plug to myself? I can plug all of my gear into my UPC200. If it turns out that I can have a whole outlet to myself I may run my amp off of wall power.
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #268 of 495
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that I'm not being greedy in wanting one plug to myself?

Do you know what your sin is, Jay?

(Get reference for 6 points)

Jun 27, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #269 of 495
Quote:

Cool, I will check with a local friend who is going to see if he was planning on taking me. Would rather not inconvience you if I don't have to... but I will keep you as my fallback ride.
smily_headphones1.gif

We should exchange phone numbers at some point, I have unlimited long distance so we can make plans over the phone if you want. If you are coming down on Saturday you must be planning on leaving pretty early fron NY!
blink.gif

Yeah I think I'm probably going to do the trip all on Sat... it's about 3 hours to Toronto so I'll probably need to leave by 6am at the latest
frown.gif
this also means that I won't get home till 11pm at the earliest... although I might duck out of the meet a little early.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a side note, pbalcer (my friend and partner in amping
icon10.gif
) has the Little dot micro II+ and will gladly bring it (I'm sure?) if there is interest.

I have a LDII+ that I can bring up if people want. and I just got my PPX3 today, so if I bring the LDII+ I'd rather someone take it off my hands so I don't have to take it home

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #270 of 495
Quote:

Optical SPDIF or coaxial? If coaxial, I have one that he can use that was made for me by looser101. It doesn't look pretty, but it is an excellent performer.I will try to bring any extras that I have. I hope that I'm not being greedy in wanting one plug to myself? I can plug all of my gear into my UPC200. If it turns out that I can have a whole outlet to myself I may run my amp off of wall power.
biggrin.gif

need the coax, so your cable will do nicely
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back