ONN X5
Jul 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #31 of 45
  Well, that's too bad, sorry to hear this...
Myself I pass trough my initial frustration and even if i don't really like UI it look more stable now...
after a week of use no freezing at all...wonder if it's the 32G microsd card I use or when I was a little confuse about fonctionality and press wrong keys that make it freezw (it was the ''M key'' while playing music that was more prompt to cause freeze).

Hope your X5 will became more docile one day!

Cheers!

No need to be sorry, I took a chance and it was a good learning experience and I was happy to share my thoughts on it.  

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #32 of 45
I just purchased an X5 and am experiencing the following difficulty that I hope someone can help me resolve. Simply put, I can't seem to upload personally compiled music files from my computer to my X5 (I'm using Windows Media Player with OS 7). Rather, they do, successfully, upload, but there's no filename/heading to access the individual track-lists inside the Explorer menu. The music tracks seem to fall in some random order that I can individually play, but not as a file/playlist (i.e., I must choose each song individually). I've uploaded subsequent, personal files but all the tracks blend together into one, enormous playlist (currently standing at 95 tracks). Not to further complicate matters, I also uploaded all tracks from a CD I had ripped; however, it did succeed in compiling itself under one filename which I can easily access (which is what I'm trying to achieve with all file uploads). Thank you very much for your time.

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #33 of 45
Hi, well, the X5 is folder based, I don't think it could do playlist well.
If you do a playlist in a folder and transfer it it should work but perhaps not in the order wanted.

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #39 of 45
Did you all try updating following the 4 pages of instruction?

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #42 of 45
Same problem, same findings. Just I know that I need FM radio.

Xduoo X2 costs 26 eur and has better UI.
ONN X5 cost 31 eur and has better SQ.

One possible solution could be not to buy these ones, but look for old iPods with good DAC's (Wolfson, ...).

Examples:
Ipod nano 2 is really cheap ~15 eur. Ipod Classic 5th 30GB costs 40 eur. AND Rockbox it.

Rockbox runs well on these players, has installation instructions, and is supported by the installer:
  • Apple: iPod 1g through 5.5g, iPod Mini, iPod Nano 1g, iPod Nano 2g

No FM radio. :frowning2: But if you do not need it - then fine.

hey guys, i wanted to buy a cheap portable player, and after some research here in headfi i came in 2 choices, onn x5 and xduoo x2,,,which one should i buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back