Onlineshop with only-Korean DAPs and MIDs
Jan 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi

I live in Europe, and I would like to buy some cowon DAP that is only available to Korea or in Korea. So I asked myself, maybe there are some onlinshops, which ship internationally.

thanks rafa

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

buycowon.com , it is japan actually
what model u are looking for?

Thanks for the reply
smily_headphones1.gif
, but they do not have what I am searching for.
I am looking for the Cowon V5Hd. This player should be out by January 1st. On a Korean forum, which I translated with google I saw that somebody already has one.

No ebay offers and I do not know where to look else.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 28
No idea, google translate didn't seem to do the trick on it either, but a little searching on the site should give some contact option to ask them directly.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #10 of 28
Jan 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #11 of 28
Thanks for all your replies, this helped a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

I will try first Export Prive and then if this does not work out I will try it out with an ebay seller from south korea I found, maybe he will be kind and buy it for me and sell...

The reason I want to do all this is because this player has a digital out -> spdif. The last player that had digital out was the iriver ihp1xx.

Thanks again
rafa

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is PMP, it is not strange that it has spdif, cowon Q5 also has spdif
my archos also has digital out

Yeah, but the cowon q5 is big and heavy IMO and is more a MID, besides it is too expensive.

For the Archos PMPs you have to buy this dockingstation to have spdif.

I want to use it with a D10, that is why I want to buy the Cowon V5. Actually the D10 is the only DAC/Amp with coax-in, the others just have USB-DAC functionality.

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #14 of 28
Cowon V5 is also big, dont be fooled by the images, it is 4.8 " and Cowon Q5 is 5 inch .
how can u said Cowon V5 with 4.8" screen is not big is beyond me

and my archos is not PMP, it is DAP, no need docking station, just googling use keyword archos jukebox recorder V1 or go to This Thread . yes it is bigger than iriver ihp100, but still in DAP size and only wider a little than iriver ihp100 or ibasso D10.

and for extra information QLS player also has digital out (coax and optical) but i think it is not small (only extra information for u)

then for amp/dac....
D10 is not the only dac/amp with coax-in, there are a few dac/amp with coax in

for example:
GoVibe Vulcan / Vulcan Mini / Vulcan VB (these 3 all are different products)
- have coax and optical

StyleAudio Carat Ruby / Topaz
- have optical in and usb in

Linearossa W3
- Coax and Optical input

Headroom Portable Micro Amp (the size is bigger than carat/govibe/Linearossa)
- Digital input (don`t know which one, but maybe 3 of them)

Ibasso D1 (around 3000cm3, the biggest Ibasso)

and for semi portable (or portable desktop amp??) is
Fubar IV (around 4500cm3)

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon V5 is also big, dont be fooled by the images, it is 4.8 " and Cowon Q5 is 5 inch .
how can u said Cowon V5 with 4.8" screen is not big is beyond me

and my archos is not PMP, it is DAP, no need docking station, just googling use keyword archos jukebox recorder V1 or go to This Thread . yes it is bigger than iriver ihp100, but still in DAP size and only wider a little than iriver ihp100 or ibasso D10.

and for extra information QLS player also has digital out (coax and optical) but i think it is not small (only extra information for u)

then for amp/dac....
D10 is not the only dac/amp with coax-in, there are a few dac/amp with coax in

for example:
GoVibe Vulcan / Vulcan Mini / Vulcan VB (these 3 all are different products)
- have coax and optical

StyleAudio Carat Ruby
- have optical in and usb in

Linearossa W3
- Coax and Optical input

Headroom Portable Micro Amp (the size is bigger than carat/govibe/Linearossa)
- Digital input (don`t know which one, but maybe 3 of them)

Ibasso D1 (around 3000cm3, the biggest Ibasso)

and for semi portable (or portable desktop amp??) is
Fubar IV (around 4500cm3)

WOW thank you.

That is a lot of information and I have to admit that the Cowon V5 is big, but the reason why I consider this player is also its video capability and what is even more important to me is album art, that I can see.

For the portable amp/dac solutions, I surfed through head-fi and the internet and I found out that the Larossa, GoVibe and D10 are pretty similar. The styleaudio is more semiportable, but I am tempted to buy the carat ruby for my semi-prtable-netbook rig.

However, I am still not sure about all this, maybe I just buy the D10 for now and wait till the V5hd gets cheaper or buy something else.

Do you use a portable amp/dac with your archos? By the way this thing looks like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back