Online Music Store list
May 22, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #31 of 164
(FCJ: I've edited my above post above to answer your CDJapan shipping question.)

A couple more sites:

http://www.amazon.co.jp
I haven't ordered though them yet, and haven't checked closely enough to see how their prices compare to CDJapan. They give you the option to view the site in English, but it may be hard to search unless you know Japanese (or know just enough to search effectively by copying and pasting
wink.gif
).

http://www.footlight.com
It's been quite a while since I've ordered from them, but they have a large selection of soundtracks, cast recordings, theater-related stuff, etc.

May 22, 2003 at 6:28 AM Post #32 of 164
Shipping from Japan is not cheap from these sites. Deodeo has free shipping to US, but charges more for the product. I'm not sure in the end which site has a better deal.

May 27, 2003 at 5:12 PM Post #35 of 164
one last bump

May 27, 2003 at 9:00 PM Post #36 of 164
My personal favourite:

EAR/Rational

...has lots of Fax and interesting ambient, IDM, and experimental stuff.

Will add others later.

Jun 3, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #37 of 164
text moved to the first post...deleted this to save some space

Jun 3, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #38 of 164
One thing that jumps out at me is interpunk. How is this an unspecified music type? Punk is in the name for heaven's sake.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #39 of 164
correction made, wise ass
tongue.gif
hehe, damn youngsters.

thanks man. keep them coming. im too tired and pissed to catch everything

Jun 7, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #41 of 164
Dusty Groove for great Neo Soul,Funk,Acid Jazz,World Music and lots of vinyl.

Jun 8, 2003 at 12:26 PM Post #43 of 164
A few others that I have bought from:

Used/discount CDs:
www.musicrecyclery.com -- used CDs. Smallish inventory, fair price. Not the most intuitive of web interfaces. Most of the discs I received from them are "cutouts" (i.e. the barcodes of the discs' tray cards has a hole punched in). Sometimes has free-shipping promotions.

www.cybermusicsurplus.com -- new CDs at discount prices. Not as cheap as it used to be but still about 30% off new price. Carries a lot of labels of various genres (I found it quite good for Celtic music), but inventory fluctuates.

Electronic/ambient/experimental:

www.groove.nl -- This Netherland-based company has a BIG selection. Price is fair, with discounts for large orders. Shipping is erratic, at least this was my experience some 3 years ago. ONE BIG CAVEAT: should you order from them you're advised to state loud and clear DON'T SEND ME CUT-OUTS -- this is the reason that I no longer do business with them

World/ethnic:

www.cdroots.com -- carries traditional music from all over the world. Price is a bit steep, but in case you're looking for that album from Uzbekstan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back