Onkyo IE-FC300 Review & Appreciation Thread
Dec 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #16 of 35
Y'know, I really like these iems. Have a really large soundstage, good bass, open space between instruments, good detail. Another odd shaped iem, but I don't struggle for fit as much as some others. Have many choices, been pulling these out really often.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #17 of 35
Y'know, I really like these iems. Have a really large soundstage, good bass, open space between instruments, good detail. Another odd shaped iem, but I don't struggle for fit as much as some others. Have many choices, been pulling these out really often.

I used them regularly for a while.  I like how they sound with industrial and some trance; I don't like them for television or movies because the lower registers are emphasized and male voices sound unnatural.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #18 of 35
Huh, don't know about using them generally that way, though I happenned to use them tonight with my iPad, watched "Once Upon A Time" on Netflix, didn't note these problems, liked watching that way, actually (generally don't watch TV or movies this way, usually TV speakers or my Zvox sound bar, depending on which TV I use, so haven't compared iems this way, only for music. I do like them for music, and had no problem with the TV).

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 35
Have the KEF's and many others, will compare them directly one of these days, but haven't felt any of them puts the Onkyo to shame…but that's just me (do often wind up being a minority opinion).
Just Sayin…

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #22 of 35
Using them with Fiio X3 into ALO National. Source may make a difference, haven't tried other players (one time used ipad for Netflix as noted, had no issues)

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #23 of 35
Hi, could you possibly help me with choosing the right size of Comply foam tips for ie-fc300. I wanted to buy S and T-series sets, but do not know, which types (100, 200, 400 or 500) I should choose. Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #24 of 35
..i just got my new set from onkyo warranty as my previous set had a connection problem and i'd like to say they sound pretty similar to the Sony mdr 1r
Heres hoping that the connection problem was only a one time deal..

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #25 of 35
Thanks for the excellent review. I've ordered these and am really looking forward to trying them out - should arrive tomorrow.

As someone has already asked, what size Comply foam tips fit the ie-fc300?

I contacted Onkyo a few days ago but no answer... :frowning2:

Would be grateful for any info!

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #26 of 35
Thanks for the excellent review. I've ordered these and am really looking forward to trying them out - should arrive tomorrow.

As someone has already asked, what size Comply foam tips fit the ie-fc300?

I contacted Onkyo a few days ago but no answer... :frowning2:

Would be grateful for any info!
Onkyo not on list of Comply series, so you habe to find out yourself, from what i can see, the 200 and or 500 could fitt but don't take my word for it.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #27 of 35
Thanks. Yes, I've seen that they're not listed by Comply, but I was hoping that someone had found a size that fits.

I really dislike silicone pads - they create a suction feeling in the ear that's really uncomfortable to me. I will have to send the Onkyos back if I cannot find a foam sleeve that works with these.

***EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED***

I tried my Comply T-400s, and they fit just fine. Yay!
smily_headphones1.gif
MUCH more comfortable than the silicone tips Onkyo includes.

Perhaps someone else will benefit from this info.

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #28 of 35
Does anyone know the Max power input on these?   I am really tired of blowing earphones.  Looking for a set that will stand up to some damned power.  Only thing that has lasted me are the Gr07's.

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #30 of 35
They take any MMCX cables if thats what you mean...
Just some food for thought, i have found that the onkyos are quite heavy and has a really large profile for an iem and lacks a cable cinch. This causes them to be pretty unsuitable for travel. Just thought I'd try to help as it sounds like you plan to take them out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back