ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 27, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #13,921 of 16,326
just a heads up to you all. After buying the X1A on ebay, my jacks were loose and I sent them back to the seller, who also confirmed they were loose.

Funny enough, onkyo japan said "there is no defect, this is the way the item was made"

^just a warning, apparently they're saying it was meant to be loose...

after that, I just decided to ask for a refund. If anything, I'm going to wait until it releases in the US to avoid the hassle.

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #13,922 of 16,326
  just a heads up to you all. After buying the X1A on ebay, my jacks were loose and I sent them back to the seller, who also confirmed they were loose.

Funny enough, onkyo japan said "there is no defect, this is the way the item was made"

^just a warning, apparently they're saying it was meant to be loose...

after that, I just decided to ask for a refund. If anything, I'm going to wait until it releases in the US to avoid the hassle.

so sad to hear that

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #13,926 of 16,326
  Did a quick search and didnt find my answer,

Does anyone know if the system parametric equalizer works while using spotify, or does it only work with the onkyo media player?

I think it's only part of the Onkyo Music Player, rather than a general Android system resource.

If you're willing to root your device, you can install and use Viper4Android, which is a general Android system resource.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #13,928 of 16,326
  Thanks for all of the suggestions.  Unfortunately nothing is really working. 

I tried it on 4 computers at work, and 2 of them recognized it instantly, so it must be something else with my PC.

Maybe I'll just do file transfers at work with a thumb drive in the future.

As a temporary work-around, I installed TeamViewer on the DP-X1A, and I'm using Wifi to remotely access my home computer and download the files onto the device.  It's going to take a long time, but it's better than nothing!

This is my first post. I actually registered in order to ask others about the same issue that you are having. I dont have the x1A, I have the older version, and have had it for about  2 weeks or so (after returning a DOA unit a few weeks earlier).  The reason why I didnt post my F/T problem on this forum is that my issue 'magically' disappeared..... 
I had no recognition from my apple laptop or my PC's after plugging the X1 in. Nothing. I was ready to return the unit for the second time, until, on a whim, I plugged it into the USB front data input on a barebones 2ch Harmon Kardon receiver that I hardly ever use. After plugging in the X1, there was a recognition of the connection (on my X1 screen), despite no device recognition from my Harmon Kardon Receiver. Nevertheless, I knew that something had changed with the X1. I unplugged it, walked over to my macbook and, success! The X1 now is recognized on any of my computers. 
I think that (in my case) my laptops were not sending an initial signal to the X1 (perhaps the x1 was not sending a signal to my laptops)?? Perhaps my 'simple', dated HK receiver sent a base output signal to the X1 that 'woke it up'?
Sorry for the simplistic explanation, but I know nothing about computers and am just thinking mechanically...I have no proof of why my unit now works.....but maybe an older source device can 'wake up' your device.

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #13,929 of 16,326
Long story short: DP-X1A & beyerdynamic T1.2 works very well! 

I tried the beyerdynamic T1.2 with the Onkyo DP-X1A today (unbalanced). The DP-X1A has enough power to drive the T1.2... keeping in mind that the beyer has detachable cables and that there will be a balanced 2,5 mm cable for the T1.2 in Q2/2017 I added these to my headphone collection today.

Edit: Onkyo DP-X1A --> japanese device ordered at amazon.co.jp --> important as there is a EU volume limitation which castrates our beloved devices :wink:

Thanks for review!

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #13,931 of 16,326
  All,

Do we have a recent, comprehensive guide to rooting the DP-X1?

Damex got it all spell out

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/11130#post_12834357

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #13,935 of 16,326
Is dxp1 beating ak70 or maybe even ak300? Anyone any experience made? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back