ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 23, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #13,906 of 16,326
  I have a 100 disc robot for major CD importing. Averages about 100 discs per day so might want to look into that?

http://www.acronova.com/product/nimbie-usb-auto-loader-publisher-ripper-nb11/2/review.html

Well, I'm entering Track Artist(s) and Track Composer(s) information (in a specific format) for the embedded tags on each track, on each disc.
And, some of my discs don't even have accurate disc name & track name info being retrieved from the Internet.
So, while I would love to have an automated system, there isn't one that will do what I want done.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #13,907 of 16,326
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  Unfortunately nothing is really working. 

I tried it on 4 computers at work, and 2 of them recognized it instantly, so it must be something else with my PC.

Maybe I'll just do file transfers at work with a thumb drive in the future.

As a temporary work-around, I installed TeamViewer on the DP-X1A, and I'm using Wifi to remotely access my home computer and download the files onto the device.  It's going to take a long time, but it's better than nothing!

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #13,908 of 16,326
  Thanks for all of the suggestions.  Unfortunately nothing is really working. 

I tried it on 4 computers at work, and 2 of them recognized it instantly, so it must be something else with my PC.

Maybe I'll just do file transfers at work with a thumb drive in the future.

As a temporary work-around, I installed TeamViewer on the DP-X1A, and I'm using Wifi to remotely access my home computer and download the files onto the device.  It's going to take a long time, but it's better than nothing!

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUHQzqxxsZI

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #13,909 of 16,326
MTP is just such a garbage protocol. Us Mac users have even less luck and i just use a nice high speed card reader and get much faster speeds. (55-60MB/sec so long as youre not using slow sandisk 200 cards - use 256gb cards from Samsung)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012PQM9HI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #13,911 of 16,326
I might ask in the wrong thread, but I really want this to work perfectly with the DP-X1A, so I just give it a shot. I've also searching Google, but could not find what I am looking for as the search mostly returns the players specs... well...

Do you have any recommendations for a good headphone amp for the DP-X1A?

I'm currently using the DP-X1A with UE IEM (balanced) on the go and Beyerdynamic T90 and DT990 at home. I'm considering to get the Beyerdynamic T1.2 (600 ohms!) and I believe that the DP-X1A won't be able to sufficiently drive them.

I am not looking for a portable amp, but a stationary one.

Regards
Dennis

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #13,912 of 16,326
Well, I'm entering Track Artist(s) and Track Composer(s) information (in a specific format) for the embedded tags on each track, on each disc.
And, some of my discs don't even have accurate disc name & track name info being retrieved from the Internet.
So, while I would love to have an automated system, there isn't one that will do what I want done.

For tagging I am using https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
For me there is nothing better their database is pretty exhaustive and you can apply tag automatically the way you want.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #13,913 of 16,326
For tagging I am using https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
For me there is nothing better their database is pretty exhaustive and you can apply tag automatically the way you want.

Oh, I have no problems using JRiver MC22 for ripping and tagging my music.  I mainly use their pre-configured Library Fields, but have created some custom fields to use, as well.

For instance, if I can determine from the CD booklet, or searching the Internet, I list all the musicians (and their instrument(s)) and vocalists for each track, in a custom field.  In the case of featured vocalists, singing with a Big Band or Orchestra, I list the Band Leader's name (rather than every musician).

The issue I have with any automated system of ripping CDs, like that 100 disc machine, is that it won't be able to fill in my custom tag fields.

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #13,914 of 16,326
  Oh, I have no problems using JRiver MC22 for ripping and tagging my music.  I mainly use their pre-configured Library Fields, but have created some custom fields to use, as well.

For instance, if I can determine from the CD booklet, or searching the Internet, I list all the musicians (and their instrument(s)) and vocalists for each track, in a custom field.  In the case of featured vocalists, singing with a Big Band or Orchestra, I list the Band Leader's name (rather than every musician).

The issue I have with any automated system of ripping CDs, like that 100 disc machine, is that it won't be able to fill in my custom tag fields.

I see JRiver look pretty versatile and I saw, it can even connect to a network speaking of a network for people having a huge library the DP-X1 is the perfect tool to use it, Personally I made a music server out of a raspberry3 for around $60.00 + the cost of a USB drive (If you do not have one around)

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #13,915 of 16,326
Hello. Thinking of buying a second hand x1, but have some questions. Does it have a normal Line out? Where I can read about differences in x1/x1a/x1b versions? How it can be compared to the Chord mojo in SQ? Thanks in advance.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #13,917 of 16,326
Hello. Thinking of buying a second hand x1, but have some questions. Does it have a normal Line out? Where I can read about differences in x1/x1a/x1b versions? How it can be compared to the Chord mojo in SQ? Thanks in advance.

It has lineout. x1a has better SQ and battery life than x1. the loosen 3.5mm and 2.5mm sockets in x1 are now fixed in x1a.

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #13,918 of 16,326

I've done over 3500 CDs and so far the meta data has been fine. As long as cover art, album title, Artist, Year get there thats fine with me.
I used to spend way to much time on customizing meta data and importing CDs. I went nuts with my DJ music library with custom tags. I started spending to much time tagging and not practicing mixing the music. I admire the people who are willing to spend the time to import and custom tag every CD......

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #13,919 of 16,326
I'm currently using the DP-X1A with UE IEM (balanced) on the go and Beyerdynamic T90 and DT990 at home. I'm considering to get the Beyerdynamic T1.2 (600 ohms!) and I believe that the DP-X1A won't be able to sufficiently drive them.

Long story short: DP-X1A & beyerdynamic T1.2 works very well! 

I tried the beyerdynamic T1.2 with the Onkyo DP-X1A today (unbalanced). The DP-X1A has enough power to drive the T1.2... keeping in mind that the beyer has detachable cables and that there will be a balanced 2,5 mm cable for the T1.2 in Q2/2017 I added these to my headphone collection today.

Edit: Onkyo DP-X1A --> japanese device ordered at amazon.co.jp --> important as there is a EU volume limitation which castrates our beloved devices :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back