ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 13, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #13,771 of 16,326
  Sorry for the multipost, just wanted to tell you guys that I tried the HD6XX in balanced mode finally, and then switch to ACG mode. 

While unbalanced, I was getting about to the 150 range in volume, now in ACG mode I'm at about 120, and in balanced I was at about 110. Not sure if it's placebo, but I really like ACG mode, the HD6XX in balanced mode caused me a bit of fatigue to be honest. ACG just seems to add a bit of detail. 

I was listening to Jack Johnson while I was studying and wow... gotta say guys, I don't have a desktop amp to compare but idk how much better these can sound haha. 

Oh wow. Thanks for your opinion :) i thought maybe my ears were deceiving me or maybe it was just placebo effect that i do find ACG makes the song clearer. it seems like after listening to ACG mode, the balanced mode sounds more "noisy". i now switch to ACG permanently

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #13,772 of 16,326

Follow the link one of my post everything is there assuming xdp 300 and DP X1! firmware are the same

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/13680#post_13245456

Thanks, but there is no firmware for xdp-300r.
Firmware Onkyo and pioneer different.
I can not understand, where do you get the url for Onkyo. And why there is no firmware for pioneer.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #13,774 of 16,326
anybody using apple music on the dp-x1? this is a weird thing i'm experiencing, I cant seem to save a playlist hence i cant download them onto the device. Its weird since i can save full albums and download them, but cant do it with the playlists. Tried reinstalling the app and using device and sd card as download location and didnt seem to have any effect. As a workaround, i save the playlist first using my iphone (so it becomes part of my music library)  and then go back to the dpx1 since they have the same account in order to download it. I'm thinking it could be a dpx1 prob since a separate android device i have can save the playlist without any problem. Hope some people who use apple music can help me out :)

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #13,776 of 16,326
I am somewhat confused...

In order to enjoy the balanced output the DP-X1A delivers I've ordered balanced cables from Null Audio (Arete Series MKII Premium Upgrade Cable) for my reshelled UE Triple.Fi10

Now the confusing part:

1. Onkyo's "native" music player app fed with FLAC ripped from BluRay, CD, purchased: WOW - sounds great. More dynamic, clearer sound - even better when put to ACG mode, but all-in-all really great.

2. Tidal app (HiFi abo): strong disappointing background noise (hissing) and crackling...

Any ideas where this background noise comes from? And more important how I could turn this hissing off...?
I don't really want to change cables on my IEMs all the time and was also thinking about purchasing the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2 as soon as Beyerdynamic presents their balanced 2,5mm cable for those headphones...

In this setup Tidal is not really enjoyable and not worth the HiFi abo.

Regards
Dennis

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #13,777 of 16,326

In order to enjoy the balanced output the DP-X1A delivers I've ordered balanced cables from Null Audio (Arete Series MKII Premium Upgrade Cable) for my reshelled UE Triple.Fi10

Now the confusing part:

1. Onkyo's "native" music player app fed with FLAC ripped from BluRay, CD, purchased: WOW - sounds great. More dynamic, clearer sound - even better when put to ACG mode, but all-in-all really great.

2. Tidal app (HiFi abo): strong disappointing background noise (hissing) and crackling...

Any ideas where this background noise comes from? And more important how I could turn this hissing off...?
I don't really want to change cables on my IEMs all the time and was also thinking about purchasing the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2 as soon as Beyerdynamic presents their balanced 2,5mm cable for those headphones...

Regards
Dennis

This is because (and also usual issue in many Android players) tidal app might not be able to fully utilize onkyo double dac and double amp configuration

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #13,778 of 16,326

Now the confusing part:

Regards
Dennis

Try other streaming music players and players like neutron/poweramp and let us know what results you get.

I'm using Spotify with no issues at all

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #13,779 of 16,326

Now the confusing part:

Regards
Dennis

I stream Tidal HiFi on my Pioneer XDP-300R - no issues with is it at all. I use mainly 2.5 mm balanced cables. I also use Pioneer to pass the signal to my DAC/Amp via otg - no issues either. The only issue I have with Tidal is streaming offline if it is saved to a microSD card - then I get interruptions during a playback.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #13,781 of 16,326

Now the confusing part:

Regards
Dennis

Set the amp gain to Low2 should help. Most likely the amp is too powerful for you iem

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #13,785 of 16,326
  I did a quick search and found nothing on the subject.

Has anyone rooted their unit and used viper4android?  

Really

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?advanced=1&byuser=&containingthread%5B0%5D=780642&newer=1&output=posts&resultSortingPreference=relevance&sdate=0&search=viper4android&type=all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back