ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 29, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #13,307 of 16,326
Just tried, same output level on both 2.5 and 3.5

So if you were using balanced underneath output select in sounds and notification we can deduct balance mode is only working with Onkyo music player

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #13,308 of 16,326
fezzyness said:
Onkyo has all the resources and money, so obviously android is very well implemented, and the quality of the device is superb. However we sit here, 800 pages in, and we still have questions about how the device works... this is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love my X1A, much much more than the X7 I used to own. But we need to let Onkyo know something's gotta change with this type of support. We, as their consumers, shouldn't be ok with this.

Spot on.

The quality of the X1A may be superb but that of the original X1 was sorely lacking in relation to the output jacks. Onkyo's only reaction was to cynically withdraw the optional extended warranty that was originally available in the home market.

Riley has commented on the abysmal standard of "support" from Onkyo USA and I've had exactly the same frustration in the UK.

The X1 meets my needs for the moment but I won't be buying any more Onkyo products.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #13,309 of 16,326

Spot on.

The quality of the X1A may be superb but that of the original X1 was sorely lacking in relation to the output jacks. Onkyo's only reaction was to cynically withdraw the optional extended warranty that was originally available in the home market.

Riley has commented on the abysmal standard of "support" from Onkyo USA and I've had exactly the same frustration in the UK.

The X1 meets my needs for the moment but I won't be buying any more Onkyo products.

As I said before I just contact Onkyo Japan for questions about the DPX1/A.  They are generally more helpful.  They also always get back to me which USA doesn't probably half the time and I find myself waiting on hold to speak to someone for hours most times when I call.  I would contact them if I had a DPX1/A that needed warranty service.  It does not deter me from purchasing one.  It is just something to be aware of going in.  I accept that.  I at least get almost all of my questions answered in this thread and if not I can email Onkyo Japan worst case so it should not be a big deal.  I don't see a lot of consistent defects or problems with current stock as I did with early batches so I am not really too concerned about it.  I do not expect to need to deal with Onkyo USA, but am mentally prepared if the situation were to arise.  I have been given a lot of completely incorrect information by Onkyo USA.  All of the incorrect information has been proven wrong in this thread and when I would email Onkyo Japan because the information did not sound right to me even though I did not really know for sure if it was or not.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #13,311 of 16,326
I am replacing my Astell & Kern AK Jr with a player which can stream music through WiFi. I listen to music through Spotify and Tidal.

I am considering Onkyo DP-X1, Pioneer XDP-100r, Astell & Kern AK70 and Cayin i5.

Could you guys please let me know your thoughts.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #13,312 of 16,326
I am replacing my Astell & Kern AK Jr with a player which can stream music through WiFi. I listen to music through Spotify and Tidal.

I am considering Onkyo DP-X1, Pioneer XDP-100r, Astell & Kern AK70 and Cayin i5.

Then SQ would not be as important as wifi performance? On that basis I reckon the Onkyo is hard to beat and it runs a full newish android system.
SQ would be excellent on all the items on your list.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #13,315 of 16,326

Suggest the dpx1a

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #13,316 of 16,326
Does anybody have any information regarding the DPX1A being sold worldwide?  Specifically in the United States?  I know Onkyo USA claims it it a Japan only product, but I don't believe anything they say because they have given me too much incorrect information.  Sorry to ask this again.  I would prefer the DPX1A, but if it is not available when I am ready to purchase I will just order the DPX1 and buy the A when it does become available when I have the money.  I am not willing to purchase from overseas as I do not read any non English so I am not able to know the information and policies of the seller and the prices and everything.  Also I just checked Amazon USA and all of the sellers selling any variation of DPX1 are in Japan.  Some of the Amazon stores are cheaper than others.  I do not really want to pay customs fees and such for having it imported from Japan into the US.  I do not understand how that stuff works and I really don't think it would be any cheaper importing one at  a a hundred dollars less to pay more with import fees than to just pay the $600.00 from Best Buy and only pay sales tax.

Thank you

Riley

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #13,317 of 16,326
I only paid $ 409.00 at the door from Amazon Japan at that time and they had 5000 yen coupon and the original price was cheaper you also need to pick only amazon Japan and no other vendor.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #13,318 of 16,326
I only paid $ 409.00 at the door from Amazon Japan at that time and they had 5000 yen coupon and the original price was cheaper you also need to pick only amazon Japan and no other vendor.

Thank you.  I should have said I am in the USA  so importing is not something I want to deal with.  I do not have credit cards and do not like to purchase items online internationally/

Thank you

Riley

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #13,320 of 16,326
  Riley,

If you don't want to buy international, that is certainly fine.  I bought my recently through Amazon US from a Japanese vendor...and I didn't have to pay any custom fees.  

Good Luck,
Z

Was it shipped from Japan or the US?  Sorry just realized I should have asked this first.  Also did you purchase the DPX1 or DPX1A?

Thank you

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back