ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 9, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #11,986 of 16,326
  Just requested an update on the delivery status of the DP-X1a in Europe. Got the reply that it is not available in Europe yet, and it is unclear at this point if it will become available in Europe.

Should I go for the "regular" DP-X1? Or should I wait and go for the DP-X1a? Choices, choices...

Hi, I bought the original from Amazon UK about 4 weeks ago. No problems at all, and the jack plugs seem rock-solid. 

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #11,987 of 16,326
Hi, I bought the original from Amazon UK about 4 weeks ago. No problems at all, and the jack plugs seem rock-solid. 

It's not just the upgraded jacks that I'm after, the amp section was also upgraded. That, and an additional 32gigs was added to storage but that's not a biggie for me personally. The fact that it has the potential to sound better with the higher capacity amps is what I'm eager to find out, but the wait is too long. Can't wait any longer :wink:

Must... Have... Now... ;p

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #11,988 of 16,326
 Just requested an update on the delivery status of the DP-X1a in Europe. Got the reply that it is not available in Europe yet, and it is unclear at this point if it will become available in Europe.

Should I go for the "regular" DP-X1? Or should I wait and go for the DP-X1a? Choices, choices...

Agreed - no problems on my new unit - including battery life and jacks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #11,989 of 16,326
Agreed - no problems on my new unit - including battery life and jacks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great, thanks for your feedback guys.I've been waiting for the 1A version for a long time now, so I guess I'll just go with the regular 1 then.

If the 1A sounds a lot better with the upgraded amp section I can always look for the 1A, but at this point I really want to finally get my hands on this beautiful piece of music equipment.

Thanks!

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #11,991 of 16,326
Hi guys im waiting for my Onkyo, but while then I just had some questions:

1) Can I used V Moda m100 Crossfade wireless?
2) also can m100 be moded with balanced cables? and if so does any know how?
3) does any one have m100 crossfade with DP-X1, and what's their opinion of bass and sound review?

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #11,992 of 16,326
hi everyone, hope you still have a room to spare for new member in the DP-X1 club ,

i have just received my DP-X1 this afternoon, i bought it used from other people, here in my country.
the device condition is still great, no noticeable scratches, the jack, part that i worried the most has no gap on it. i assume it was from the last batch.

however i have concern about the battery life. it come with about 85% charged and while i fiddle around with it, it depletes quite fast.
i follow some of the advice here to root it, uninstall all the bloatware and apps that i won't use and now i'm trying to calibrate the battery by fully draining it and charge it until 100%. fingers crossed hopes everything will be okay/

my question, is there any reliable android app to check the wear level of battery? how long is everyone's unit is able to play the music non stop?
i see report around 9-11 hours for the normal one. are there noticeable difference when using balanced and normal output?

Thanks guys

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #11,993 of 16,326

Yes about Balanced ACG on will kill the battery very quickly. If you have Wifi/Bluetooth and Balanced or ACG on expect about 3hrs max. I have had mine for 6months and have had batteries drain issues without shutting everything down and putting in it airplane mode while listening to the native music app. Airplane mode with Balanced ACG on should get you better life, I tend to need to plug mine in often because I listen to Balanced ACG all the time, oh and if you use OTG turn off Balanced ACG as it does nothing but drain your battery.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #11,994 of 16,326

3) does any one have m100 crossfade with DP-X1, and what's their opinion of bass and sound review?

I recently purchased a new DP-X1, and put it in one of these cases - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZZOZZ-Genuine-Leather-FLIP-Case-for-Onkyo-DP-X1-with-Earphone-Case-X1F-/172215375616

So far, in a couple of tests, using a Trinity Audio Bluetooth Lanyard, it appears that the DP-X1 has very poor Bluetooth range (1 or 2 feet) - if the DAP is in my pocket.  
If it's sitting on my desk, the range is ~8-12 feet, depending on whether my body is between the DAP and the Lanyard.  
Using my Nexus 5 phone, the Lanyard works at a range of 30-50 feet.  
I haven't tried taking the DAP out of the case, to see if that is contributing to the poor Bluetooth performance.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #11,995 of 16,326
hi everyone, hope you still have a room to spare for new member in the DP-X1 club ,

i have just received my DP-X1 this afternoon, i bought it used from other people, here in my country.
the device condition is still great, no noticeable scratches, the jack, part that i worried the most has no gap on it. i assume it was from the last batch.

however i have concern about the battery life. it come with about 85% charged and while i fiddle around with it, it depletes quite fast.
i follow some of the advice here to root it, uninstall all the bloatware and apps that i won't use and now i'm trying to calibrate the battery by fully draining it and charge it until 100%. fingers crossed hopes everything will be okay/

my question, is there any reliable android app to check the wear level of battery? how long is everyone's unit is able to play the music non stop?

i see report around 9-11 hours for the normal one. are there noticeable difference when using balanced and normal output?

Thanks guys

Honestly, you cannot expect a really good battery life from any Android devices. Ever. But well, as for me, my Onkyo is able to hold on for maybe at most 2 days listening to music WITHOUT the screen being turned on too much. I noticed that the screen often is the culprit for draining the battery.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #11,997 of 16,326

My DP-X1A arrives on Tuesday from Japan
biggrin.gif
blink.gif
Hurry!!!!!

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #11,999 of 16,326
Honestly, you cannot expect a really good battery life from any Android devices. Ever. But well, as for me, my Onkyo is able to hold on for maybe at most 2 days listening to music WITHOUT the screen being turned on too much. I noticed that the screen often is the culprit for draining the battery.

Yes, screen drains a lot and in my opinion, even the lowest brightness setting is too bright when at home or inside a building.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #12,000 of 16,326

I use the DP-X1 on the V-Moda M-100 (not wireless), B&W P7 (modified to run balanced) and the Sennheiser IE800.

I usually use the M-100 only when I'm travelling or commuting, mainly because it's built like a tank and I can't trust the modded P7's tiny 2.5mm connector to withstand daily abuse. Ít sounds pretty laid back compared to the P7 or even the IE800. But sound quality is IMHO, very good, well controlled (tight), bass is definitely there and it does sound like the DP-X1 drives it adequately. My mod itch has started again and I'm thinking of modding the M-100 to run balanced too. Balanced mode on the P7 has been so addictive that I find it hard to accept anything less. Maybe I'll tear apart the M-100 this weekend for fun to see the connections. For me, I think the hardest part is probably opening up without destroying it. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back