ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 6, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #11,926 of 16,328
  Would I be safer buying a DP-X1, Ibasso DX80, or a DP-X1A?  Which is the most reliable and least likely to have problems without spending more than I have to?  I am worried about the DPX1 and the DX80 from a lot of posters having problems.  Was it just bad batches or a bad part or generally bad product in whole?  Would the D-X1  or the DP-X1A hiss with Shure SE846?  I find hiss very annoying as I am pretty sensitive to it.

Have you considered the new Pioneer XDP-300R, this is basically an improved DP-X1, so dual 9018K2M and balanced out, but the headphone jack issue should be solved. Not aware of huge firmware issues on the Pioneer/Onkyo. Or the Cayin i5? 

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #11,927 of 16,328
Hi Everyone
I recieved a new Onkyo DP-X1 but it seems to be dead on arrival. it does not get past the android logo during bootup. i got this online from Japan and i contacted them for an exchange.

quick question, does anyone have the latest update file so i can try an adb sideload? I tried the 1.28 version but it failed because i have a newer version already installed.

any other suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #11,929 of 16,328
Hi Everyone
I recieved a new Onkyo DP-X1 but it seems to be dead on arrival. it does not get past the android logo during bootup. i got this online from Japan and i contacted them for an exchange.

quick question, does anyone have the latest update file so i can try an adb sideload? I tried the 1.28 version but it failed because i have a newer version already installed.

thanks

I am confused....dead on arrival ? Then why are you asking about firmware and upgrade ? DP-X1 takes a while to boot up....very long time that I thought it was defected on first run

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #11,930 of 16,328
@Whitigir no its dead. its been charging overnight for the past 2 days and it is not booting up it shuts down while trying to boot up.

i was asking for the update file so i can try to push the new software on it. im trying to fix it because sending it for replacement would've take weeks.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #11,931 of 16,328
@Whitigir
no its dead. its been charging overnight for the past 2 days and it is not booting up it shuts down while trying to boot up.

i was asking for the update file so i can try to push the new software on it. im trying to fix it because sending it for replacement would've take weeks.

I see, I am sorry to hear that. Just return it and no need to ask for warranty. DOA is always a return. If you can't wait, buy another one and get your refund in the future. I am afraid if you try to upgrade the firmware and such, you may brick it...and void the warranty and liability which was from the manufacturing in the first place

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #11,933 of 16,328
  Hi Everyone

thanks

Does it actually past the boot up screen or goes back off? If it goes off , it could be just that battery is flat and need full charge first.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #11,934 of 16,328
  @Whitigir no its dead. its been charging overnight for the past 2 days and it is not booting up it shuts down while trying to boot up.

Make sure that you use correctly rated charger. Some android devices are very picky and if a charger is underrated you can leave it for days on charge and they still won't charge. I know that some Samsung phones and my One+1 throw feats like this.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #11,935 of 16,328
@Soundtrap thanks for your reply. it is fully charged it recognizes that it is fully charged (when i plug the usb to the device while powered off, i get the charging battery and a 100% indicator) :frowning2:

Also, i does get past the android logo and shows (optimizing programs for android 24 out ot 124) and usually powers off within a 10 seconds or so. and when i power it back on, its the same. sometimes it also shows the onkyo logo, sometimes it doesn't get to this stage and just poweres off. also, i noticed that in some attemps to boot up, there are some screen glitches

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #11,936 of 16,328
Sounds like some sort of battery issue.  I don't remember if this phone came with its own charger or if it simply came with the usb cable and you had to provide the wall charger or connect it to your computer.  If i remember correctly, when I had this unit, I could pretty much plug it into anything with a USB port and it charged, sometimes a little longer than directly into a wall or something but it certainly charged with a day for sure.

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #11,937 of 16,328
The DP-X1a on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/ONKYO-Hi-Res-Digital-Player-DP-X1A/dp/B01M0XN4KI/

And, just for good measure, the XDP-300R as well!

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-hi-res-digital-player-XDP-300R/dp/B01LXOEZZS/

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #11,938 of 16,328
  The DP-X1a on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/ONKYO-Hi-Res-Digital-Player-DP-X1A/dp/B01M0XN4KI/

And, just for good measure, the XDP-300R as well!

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-hi-res-digital-player-XDP-300R/dp/B01LXOEZZS/

Still too much price gouging going on. Be patient. In a week or 2 you'll see the prices more stabilized and you'll be glad you waited...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back