ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #11,896 of 16,326

Good call. Part of me wants the balanced output of the DP-X1a, and another part of me realizes I will basically always use an external amp anyway...

...of course, iBasso is coming out with a balanced 2.5 portable amp...

The Pioneer has balanced output.

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #11,897 of 16,326
Good call. Part of me wants the balanced output of the DP-X1a, and another part of me realizes I will basically always use an external amp anyway...

...of course, iBasso is coming out with a balanced 2.5 portable amp...
the XDP-300R has balanced out and will be cheaper than the DP-X1A

If you are reffering to the DX200, will it ever be released?

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #11,898 of 16,326

The Pioneer has balanced output.

Well, hell... That changes everything. Now, it's just a race to see which DAP gets released first.

the XDP-300R has balanced out and will be cheaper than the DP-X1A

If you are reffering to the DX200, will it ever be released?

Don't be impatient. The DX200 will be released any year now. Actually, though, I was referring to a portable balanced amp only that they announced awhile ago on Facebook. I think it was called the PB 3... but don't quote me on that. Looked like a good choice to match with a portable balanced DAP.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #11,899 of 16,326

The DX200 will be released any year now. 

Voluntary lapsus? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #11,900 of 16,326

Well, hell... That changes everything. Now, it's just a race to see which DAP gets released first.

Don't be impatient. The DX200 will be released any year now. Actually, though, I was referring to a portable balanced amp only that they announced awhile ago on Facebook. I think it was called the PB 3... but don't quote me on that. Looked like a good choice to match with a portable balanced DAP.

For Europe my bet is on the XDP-300R, The UK should have received the first units last week. No rumors on the DP-X1A yet.

Ha, I am not impatient at all, once I have decided which DAP I would like to buy the successor is announced already...indecisive is my middle name  

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #11,901 of 16,326
I was not happy with the user interface and long boot up times on the Ibasso DX100. I don't know if the DX200 would improve on it.  I own the DX100, the Onkyo DP-X1, and the Cowon P1.  I find that I use the P1 the most because of its super fast user interface and its non-fatiguing sound.  The Ibasso DX100 has the best line out because it is a true line out that is separate from it's headphone amplification circuits.  It sounds good when connected to my home system.  The Onkyo DP-X1 has been the worst because of its shrill highs and I could never it get it to work correctly with Tidal. I have tried several headphones in balanced mode including Audeze LCD-2, Sennheriser HD650, and Fostex TH-900 and they were all fatiguing with the Onkyo.  I am a person that has ear sensitivity to shrill highs that I cannot tolerate.    The ESS dacs all emphasize the highs in comparison to Burr Brown but the OPPO HA-1 have done a decent job integrating the ESS dac.  In my opinion, the best dac that I have is based on the Burr Brown PCM1704U (a heavily modded Lite Dac 60).  For my desk system (where I listen to the most music), I switch between the OPPO HA-1 and the Olasonic D1 dac which is based on the PCM1792a dac (same as the Cowon P1).

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #11,902 of 16,326
Any news on a firmware update to stop OTG via DOP pausing?  Perhaps any advice if not, my chord mojo still pauses randomly and ive done things like turn off all wireless as well as in airplane mode etc.  It does it on all files, from ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, DSF to name a few. Settings are Lock Range WIDE ; Digital Filter SLOW; ---> next menu -- Gain Settings -3 ; DOP pause STOP; Output 3/6 ON ; HighPrecision 5.6 ON. Ive tried different settings by the way. Thanks!

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #11,904 of 16,326
Question about streaming Spotify to my DP-X1 -

What setting would cause the audio to mute when the screen turns off on its own?  
The audio does not mute if I turn the screen off by pressing the Power / Screen Off button.
When the audio does mute, and I turn the screen back on, the sound comes back on (Note: the tracks don't pause when the audio mutes.)

Now that I think about it - this may be a more general Spotify question - since I think the audio on my Nexus 5 phone (also rooted, but running CyanogenMod 13) also mutes *sometimes* when the screen turns off.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #11,907 of 16,326
Question about streaming Spotify to my DP-X1 -

What setting would cause the audio to mute when the screen turns off on its own?  
The audio does not mute if I turn the screen off by pressing the Power / Screen Off button.
When the audio does mute, and I turn the screen back on, the sound comes back on (Note: the tracks don't pause when the audio mutes.)

Now that I think about it - this may be a more general Spotify question - since I think the audio on my Nexus 5 phone (also rooted, but running CyanogenMod 13) also mutes *sometimes* when the screen turns off.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Never happened to me on the DP-X1 and my phone which has gone from CM11, CM12, CM13 to CM14. I think it might be a battery saving thing. Check if you changed anything that could possibly cause the audio to get muted when the screen is turned off. I did this once on my old smartphone and it did get muted. The music was not paused and the app used to play it was still running.

Nov 5, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #11,908 of 16,326
So did DP-X1 is on the same leauge with ak240?

I am NOT a fan of the brand Astell And Kern at all, they have the worst customer service from anyone and there updates are terrible as well.
The DP-X1 in my view is leaps and bounds more advanced then the AK240, more storage better UI better updates, they have good customer service but only on facebook, they will get back to you in about a day.I think FiiO has they best Costumer service by far. As for sound, that's up to you, the AK players do sound really good but, that's up to the person listening to them. As for price, you can get way more for your money buy sticking with anything but A&K.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #11,909 of 16,326
So did DP-X1 is on the same leauge with ak240?

I am NOT a fan of the brand Astell And Kern at all, they have the worst customer service from anyone and there updates are terrible as well.
The DP-X1 in my view is leaps and bounds more advanced then the AK240, more storage better UI better updates, they have good customer service but only on facebook, they will get back to you in about a day.I think FiiO has they best Costumer service by far. As for sound, that's up to you, the AK players do sound really good but, that's up to the person listening to them. As for price, you can get way more for your money buy sticking with anything but A&K.

I second it - FiiO offers the best customer care I have ever experienced in audiophile business. Very polite and empathetic communications via email. James is great.

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #11,910 of 16,326
Just ordered my DP-X1A from Amazon JP
beerchug.gif

Looks like after the conversion it should be $766 USD (Hopefully no $20 foreign transaction fee from my credit card 
angry_face.gif
 ) + another $32 EMS shipping.

The wait begins.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back