ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 24, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #11,807 of 16,326
To my surprise, it said in e-earphones (online store) that DP-X1 is end of line and it is replaced by DP-X1A now.  Woo, that is much more expensive than DP-X1.

So I guess this thread will be mixed with the Pioneer XDP-300R which is everything the same like DP-X1 but looks different.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #11,808 of 16,326
  To my surprise, it said in e-earphones (online store) that DP-X1 is end of line and it is replaced by DP-X1A now.  Woo, that is much more expensive than DP-X1.

So I guess this thread will be mixed with the Pioneer XDP-300R which is everything the same like DP-X1 but looks different.

http://www.jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/headphone/dpx1a/spec.htm

What has changed aside from the internal memory bumping up to 64GB?

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #11,809 of 16,326

Supposedly the power supply capacitors for the amp section has been up-rated to a better spec (Nippon-Chemicon Melodio, with 3x more capacitance) to provide more stable power.

I think this is basically a minor upgrade that was necessary because Pioneer version DAP is now the same spec as the original DP-X1, so DP-X1 in turn had to be made better to justify the higher price.

I guess there is some kind of internal corporate rule that says Onkyo brand must be higher grade than Pioneer brand or something.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #11,810 of 16,326

Supposedly the power supply capacitors for the amp section has been up-rated to a better spec (Nippon-Chemicon Melodio, with 3x more capacitance) to provide more stable power.

I think this is basically a minor upgrade that was necessary because Pioneer version DAP is now the same spec as the original DP-X1, so DP-X1 in turn had to be made better to justify the higher price.

I guess there is some kind of internal corporate rule that says Onkyo brand must be higher grade than Pioneer brand or something.

According to Onkyo  both headphone jacks have been re enforced with some super strong material so they won't loosen or break like the original DP-X1.

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #11,813 of 16,326
  I apologize first if I am asking this in a wrong place. I have Fiio X3 2nd Gen. Looking to upgrade and I am considering Onkyo-DP-X1/Pioneer XDP-100r. I am bit confused if I should change the DAP or buy a Oppo HA-2SE(300$ vs 500/700$). I will be using AKG K7xx headphones with them.  

I had an Oppo HA-2 (not the SE) and I loved it! It had a luvly synergy with my Oppo PM-3. I eventually reluctantly sold it away when I bought the Onkyo-DP-X1. I personally found that the PM-3 sounded even "better" with the Onkyo in Balanced mode. should Oppo ever release a successor to the HA-2 which features a balanced connection, I would seriously consider buying it. after about 5 months of use, my Onkyo's balanced connection headphone jack is starting to loosen up. it does not affect the sound currently, though I have a bad feeling that will eventually happen :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #11,814 of 16,326
I often turn Wi-Fi on, but My one isn't warm...hmm...

How about checking what process drain the battery? You can check it from Setting.app -> Battery.
Some people says "Media Sotrage" causes that.

You probably meant "Media Server".
@acrox999:
Maybe you have recently copied new files and/or inserted microsd cards?
This process needs to scan your files in the background and it is quite cpu heavy.
Usually battery life gets better after few charges.

It's getting much better now. I've disabled all sync on all accounts, let the device settled for a while. It doesn't get hot anymore, and got an SOT of 1hr14mins with the device turned on for 4 hours now, and yes with audio.

I've had the same situation previously with many Android devices and they're usually caused by Google Apps. Maybe I'm just overreacting because I really like this thing. It sounds great, it looks great too.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #11,815 of 16,326

- Capacitors are bigger and higher grade
- earphone jace plate are modified
- Gain level increased to 4 gain levels

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #11,816 of 16,326
I upgraded the Music to latest version.  Had DSP on and EQ set to People Say,  I like its sound from my AKG Q460 earphones.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #11,817 of 16,326
The DP-X1 that I ordered 06-OCT from dwi-international-8 on eBay, was delivered yesterday to the office of the condominiums where I live.

I picked it up from the office this morning before coming to work, took it home, unpacked it, and plugged it into the charger.

It should be charged by the time I get home from work this evening, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.  I've got both Balanced & Un-Balanced MMCX cables for the earphones I've accumulated. 
smile_phones.gif

Take Care,
David Baldock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back