ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 23, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #11,791 of 16,326
You can only disable system apps and you can only uninstall apps that you installed yourself.

In the system's settings, you can uninstall your apps and disable system apps. Meanwhile, inside Google Play, you can only uninstall your apps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

By the way DP-X1 have 2 slots in it right. How big can each slot hold? 256 or 200 GB per slot?

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #11,793 of 16,326

Please read my post more carefully!
I am not "blaming" Onkyo but Onkyo/Pioneer (one the same). You have just confirmed my concerns, however, since I have stated that tech support at Onkyo/Pioneer originally told me, and I repeat, that i should get an F80DB that has Android Auto. I was then told by another Onkyo techy that even that will not work.

You say it will, they say it won't.

Does anyone actually know, because Pioneer/Onkyo don't seem to know!

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #11,794 of 16,326
You can only disable system apps and you can only uninstall apps that you installed yourself.

In the system's settings, you can uninstall your apps and disable system apps. Meanwhile, inside Google Play, you can only uninstall your apps.

Hello Everyone ,
There is Onkyo stock Music Apps update available in Google apps store(play store) and we hope it will fix the bugs and improve the music ,thanks

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #11,795 of 16,326
Hello Everyone ,
There is Onkyo stock Music Apps update available in Google apps store(play store) and we hope it will fix the bugs and improve the music ,thanks

I am more concerned about the battery life of this device. It is always warm, and always run out of juice without me playing a single audio. Just letting the device idle, doing nothing after powering it up drains the battery.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #11,797 of 16,326
I am more concerned about the battery life of this device. It is always warm, and always run out of juice without me playing a single audio. Just letting the device idle, doing nothing after powering it up drains the battery.

I often turn Wi-Fi on, but My one isn't warm...hmm...

How about checking what process drain the battery? You can check it from Setting.app -> Battery.
Some people says "Media Sotrage" causes that.

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #11,798 of 16,326

I know there is nothing worse than someone saying "well my one's fine", but mine (bought recently) does not get warm and the battery life seems normal. I turn off wireless when I'm not using it and the battery does not decrease much when in standby.

I usually disable all the Google apps, but I haven't done so yet, although I have not set up gMail, Google Drive etc.

Check what apps are using the power and that should give you a good idea on what's happening.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #11,799 of 16,326
(image missing)
(image missing)
Use the stand alone setting when playing. I run Balanced Output and select stand alone (figure 4) allows me around 6-7 hrs listening to DSD and 24/192 zHz files.
Also my player does not get hot at all.
(image missing) 

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #11,800 of 16,326
Is anyone else using the moon audio silver dragon IEM cables v1 with the 2.5mm TRRS balanced rhodium straight connector? This connector has a little lip on it that stops the connector from going completely into the Onkyo DAP. Is this normal behavior? I've read atleast one other post on here where someone cut off this small piece. I've contacted Drew at moon audio about this but he only said to send the cable back for a refund. I don't want to send the cable back I want the problem fixed or an assurance that it's not a problem. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #11,801 of 16,326
  Is anyone else using the moon audio silver dragon IEM cables v1 with the 2.5mm TRRS balanced rhodium straight connector? This connector has a little lip on it that stops the connector from going completely into the Onkyo DAP. Is this normal behavior? I've read atleast one other post on here where someone cut off this small piece. I've contacted Drew at moon audio about this but he only said to send the cable back for a refund. I don't want to send the cable back I want the problem fixed or an assurance that it's not a problem. 

I have exactly the same cable. Mine has a step-down from the large body to the pin, but I wouldn't call it a lip. It is intentional and the plug fits perfectly. It the step down wasn't there the jack would be much too long.

See http://www.furutech.com/2016/05/26/13211/

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #11,802 of 16,326
So the connector is only supposed to go in to the protrusion/ lip whatever you want to call it? Everything seems to work but it just didn't seem correct to me. When I sent the question to Drew at Moon Audio he said it works fine with the AK players but never verified everything was fine with the design on the Onkyo.

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #11,803 of 16,326
  So the connector is only supposed to go in to the protrusion/ lip whatever you want to call it? Everything seems to work but it just didn't seem correct to me. When I sent the question to Drew at Moon Audio he said it works fine with the AK players but never verified everything was fine with the design on the Onkyo.

Yep, all is well. See http://www.furutech.com/2016/05/26/13211/

Note that the AK players don't have a recessed socket either, so it would look exactly the same with them too

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #11,804 of 16,326
I often turn Wi-Fi on, but My one isn't warm...hmm...

How about checking what process drain the battery? You can check it from Setting.app -> Battery.
Some people says "Media Sotrage" causes that.

You probably meant "Media Server".
@acrox999:
Maybe you have recently copied new files and/or inserted microsd cards?
This process needs to scan your files in the background and it is quite cpu heavy.
Usually battery life gets better after few charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back