ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 14, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #11,311 of 16,326
So it appears that there is a new revision of the DP-X1 with more internal memory and improved sound quality from better components and a redesigned top plate coming next month...DP-X1A. http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=56552

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #11,312 of 16,326
So it appears that there is a new revision of the DP-X1 with more internal memory and improved sound quality from better components and a redesigned top plate coming next month...DP-X1A. http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=56552

seems interesting, but I am not sure if it's worth an upgrade... I would really need to hear serious sound difference...

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #11,317 of 16,326
go to tidal's, Spotify or Apple music's setting from there you can change the output quality.

Actually not the output quality we're talking about here (fyi, I already set those quality to either extreme or hifi), it is the music that send to the USB DAC (in my case, it is Mojo), it always up-sampling to 192khz (it shows "Red" colour). However, there is no problem using the Onkyo default player (the Mojo will change colour according to the file sampling rate).

From what I understand, those apps (Tidal or Spotify) will send the file via Android default which will upsampling to 192khz. However, since the Onkyo player have its own USB driver (or design?), it'll not follows android default.

Now, my question is it possible to prevent this default up-sampling or hardcode it to maybe 44.1khz (since this is the loose less rate for high quality Tidal/Spotify). The SQ is quite bad when android up-sampling to 192khz when using those apps to play music (it is worst than listening directly via HO).

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #11,318 of 16,326
  Actually not the output quality we're talking about here (fyi, I already set those quality to either extreme or hifi), it is the music that send to the USB DAC (in my case, it is Mojo), it always up-sampling to 192khz (it shows "Red" colour). However, there is no problem using the Onkyo default player (the Mojo will change colour according to the file sampling rate).

From what I understand, those apps (Tidal or Spotify) will send the file via Android default which will upsampling to 192khz. However, since the Onkyo player have its own USB driver (or design?), it'll not follows android default.

Now, my question is it possible to prevent this default up-sampling or hardcode it to maybe 44.1khz (since this is the loose less rate for high quality Tidal/Spotify). The SQ is quite bad when android up-sampling to 192khz when using those apps to play music (it is worst than listening directly via HO).

There is no way to change it at this point. Hopefully Onkyo will update and fix it but not holding my breath.

For Tidal you can stream using USB Audio Player Pro which can bypass the android upsampling. 

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #11,320 of 16,326
seems interesting, but I am not sure if it's worth an upgrade... I would really need to hear serious sound difference...

dp-x1a

Added double the capacitor
Use higher grade capacitor Chemicon brand
Double internal memory to 64GB
New design headphone jack with diamond cutting plate black in color
Sound tuning

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #11,321 of 16,326
New design headphone jack meaning one that doesn't break?

Is this also the rumored Onkyo DP-X2 or XII or whatever the new one is being called (that may or may not be a phone?) Getting a bit confusing without any official word from Onkyo.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #11,322 of 16,326
  New design headphone jack meaning one that doesn't break?

Is this also the rumored Onkyo DP-X2 or XII or whatever the new one is being called (that may or may not be a phone?) Getting a bit confusing without any official word from Onkyo.

There are probably going to be 3 DP-X1 successors: The abovementioned DP-X1A, more of a refinement to the DP-X1, the DP-X11 which is the smartphone, and the compact DP-X1.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #11,323 of 16,326
Ah i see, doesn't seem to be getting much coverage here in the US, all I keep seeing are snippets of information from Chinese websites. Seems like they are trying to make the DP-X1 something for everybody. The DP-X1A sounds like the actual successor though.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #11,325 of 16,326
Hey folks, does Tidal lossless work on this? Can you download the music? Any sounds from the wifi signal?

I have the fiio x7 and it is driving me crazy with wifi noise and other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back