ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 11, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #11,281 of 16,326
  Do I need to edit M3U playlists for the DP-X1 so the files can be read.  If so, how?  I can't figure out how to edit the M3U playlists.  That is why I use M3U8.  I have figured out  editing M3U8. 

You should be able to ude the m3u8.

Sep 12, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #11,283 of 16,326
Does anyone got third party Applications (Tidal, Apple Music, Pandora) to stream through the USB/OTG to an external Amp? For me, only the Onky Player app is successfully streaming to my external amp.  Any tricks? 

Sep 12, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #11,284 of 16,326
Does anyone got third party Applications (Tidal, Apple Music, Pandora) to stream through the USB/OTG to an external Amp? For me, only the Onky Player app is successfully streaming to my external amp.  Any tricks? 

USB OTG sends out digital signal, not analog one. So it should connect to a DAC, not an amp, if you want a better conversion. On the other hand, if it is just amplification ( like volume and detail) then you should connect the headphone-out or line-out of your DAP to the external amp. Amplifier takes only analog signal and sends out only analog signal.

If you already managed to listen to music using Onkyo HF Player, as you say you did, you actually must have connected it to an external DAC, not an amp, as you said. :) And yes, USB OTG function is available on some external devises and not on some. Some Android versions don't support OTG. You may double check before you buy anything new. ALSO, some music players don't support USB OUT. Some do, like USB Audio Pro.

Sep 12, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #11,285 of 16,326
USB OTG sends out digital signal, not analog one. So it should connect to a DAC, not an amp, if you want a better conversion. On the other hand, if it is just amplification ( like volume and detail) then you should connect the headphone-out or line-out of your DAP to the external amp. Amplifier takes only analog signal and sends out only analog signal.

If you already managed to listen to music using Onkyo HF Player, as you say you did, you actually must have connected it to an external DAC, not an amp, as you said.
smily_headphones1.gif
And yes, USB OTG function is available on some external devises and not on some. Some Android versions don't support OTG. You may double check before you buy anything new. ALSO, some music players don't support USB OUT. Some do, like USB Audio Pro.

It is a DAC/Amp.  I just got it work .. Had to turn off the DP-X1, start, connect the USB OTG and say "Cancel" on the USB pop-up screen and it worked with Apple Music.

Thanks

Sep 12, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #11,286 of 16,326
  It is a DAC/Amp.  I just got it work .. Had to turn off the DP-X1, start, connect the USB OTG and say "Cancel" on the USB pop-up screen and it worked with Apple Music.

Thanks

That is odd, I'm trying to think what is actually happening then. The USB pop-up sets the ONKYO USB driver, if you cancel that I wonder what driver is being used to make the connection? Or maybe I'm not at all understanding what is happening in this situation. Anybody have a good idea what is likely happening?

Sep 12, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #11,288 of 16,326
That is odd, I'm trying to think what is actually happening then. The USB pop-up sets the ONKYO USB driver, if you cancel that I wonder what driver is being used to make the connection? Or maybe I'm not at all understanding what is happening in this situation. Anybody have a good idea what is likely happening?

I believe if you accept the pop up for the onkyo player, the onkyo player takes control of the usb output and only music played from that player will work. I have the same experience with tidal as it won't work over usb unless I decline the usb connection requests from the onkyo player and UAPP.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #11,291 of 16,326
I believe if you accept the pop up for the onkyo player, the onkyo player takes control of the usb output and only music played from that player will work. I have the same experience with tidal as it won't work over usb unless I decline the usb connection requests from the onkyo player and UA

I agree ! If you press on OK the Onkyo Player takes ownership of the driver and it looks it won't work with other apps.  

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #11,292 of 16,326
i got westone w60 today. disabled variable line out and using normal gain. volume around 90-100 points.
SE for now. looking for BL cable.
is there some amp recommendation to try that might improve sound of dp-x1 + w60?

Try use Neutron to play with w60. It will change the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back