ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 24, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #8,641 of 16,326
Thanks for the replies. It's weird as it seems not to see anything in slot 1 . In the storage menu the option to mount or eject doesn't work, like there is nothing in slot 1 . I've tried three cards all of which work fine in slot 2.

Erm...something is not right then  in that slot; dust, contact issues, or worse...

Looks like a warranty claim if it's not dust, so get a good torch and clean gently...good luck!

May 24, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #8,643 of 16,326
Thanks for the replies. It's weird as it seems not to see anything in slot 1 . In the storage menu the option to mount or eject doesn't work, like there is nothing in slot 1 . I've tried three cards all of which work fine in slot 2.

Try ejection both cards, then restarting the unit.  Pull up the storage menu and see if there is anything showing.  Then re install the cards.  It might work.  I had a similar issue when I didn't eject the cards properly.

May 24, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #8,645 of 16,326
Gave that a go. No joy. Just emailed pricejapan about warranty. What a pain!

Remember, you've got to pay to and return shipping costs :'(

May 24, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #8,646 of 16,326
Gave that a go. No joy. Just emailed pricejapan about warranty. What a pain!

It may just be a card issue.  Try some different cards first, if you have some, before giving up and sending it in to warranty.

I bought 2 200MB cards that turned out to be counterfeit and I had some of the same problems.  The 2 128GB cards for android I replaced those with were fine.

May 24, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #8,647 of 16,326
Also, plug the card you are having trouble with into your computer.  Windows might read an error and fix the card after not ejecting the card properly.

When I didn't eject a card properly, I had to repair it with windows before using it again on the X1 again.

May 24, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #8,650 of 16,326
Just got mine.

I must say the form factor is a bit awkward after coming from a Sony ZX2 that I had for a few days. I hope the SQ and the UI makes up for it.

May 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #8,651 of 16,326
Anybody using a glass protector on the Onkyo?

And do you really need one?

May 24, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #8,652 of 16,326
  Anybody using a glass protector on the Onkyo?

And do you really need one?

Yes.

I use the official Onkyo DPA-GL033 tempered glass screen protector, which also happens to be the best glass protector I have ever used. Super accurate and smooth, very high quality (unlike the DPA-PUX1 leather case).

I would say yes, as it means if drop my DP-X1 or it gets scratch, I can replace the glass screen protector.

A worthy investment.

^^

May 24, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #8,653 of 16,326
Is there any way export custom EQ presets and restore later?
beerchug.gif

May 24, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #8,654 of 16,326

Yes.

I use the official Onkyo DPA-GL033 tempered glass screen protector, which also happens to be the best glass protector I have ever used. Super accurate and smooth, very high quality (unlike the DPA-PUX1 leather case).

I would say yes, as it means if drop my DP-X1 or it gets scratch, I can replace the glass screen protector.

A worthy investment.

^^

Does the glass screen protector only cover the glass area or it overlays on top of the whole unit?

May 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #8,655 of 16,326
Does the glass screen protector only cover the glass area or it overlays on top of the whole unit?

It only covers the glass. I agree with the other comments that it is very good quality. Once applied it's barely noticeable. I once dropped an iPhone with a glass protector and it feel flat on its screen side onto a concrete floor. I picked it up fearing the worst and saw that familiar spider pattern of broken glass. I peeled off the screen protector and the display was intact in perfect condition. The glass protector had taken the full impact. Ever since I use glass protectors on all my devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back