ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 24, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #8,627 of 16,326

Hello Sonic Defender,

Mind to explain the " re-enforcing techniques"? Sorry, just hoping for a quick answer. 

Greetings from Malaysia.

About 3 months ago there were several members who decided to re-enforce the jacks themselves. Some used an epoxy that they purchased at Walmart which dries clear, and some people used a substance called Sugru, a moldable glue. I believe both methods were simple enough, not very expensive and effective. You can PM Whitigir (a member here) as he was one of the first if not the first to do so and it worked well for him. Whitigir used the epoxy I believe. Good luck.

May 24, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #8,628 of 16,326

How is your Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered Custom ?   I only got chance to try out the UERR (non custom) demo with my dp-x1 on 3.5 port. I don't think I hear the full potential of UERR as it has big reputation.

It sounds great to me, but only when it's custom fit. My first player was a Hidizs AP100, great sound with UERR. But I forgot it in a bus :frowning2: And know there is no more ditribution for this player in Germany.
Then I bought a used AK 100 (the first one) there the sound is a little dull. But I think it's the player not the UE. I think the problem here is the output impedance of the amplifier stage, it's 22 ohms. I've heard, all multi armature IEMs with crossovers have problems with that.

Two weeks ago I visit the HighEnd2016 in Munich and i played the UE on many devices (Fiio7, Astell&Kern AK120-380, Acoustic Research M2 etc) and on all devices I had a very great sound. Very clear sound, some would say "alalytic" or " synthetic". But I want it this way, clear and honestly, and not so bassy.

What can I say?
I love my UERR and now I want to marry him with the best player :) maybe the DP-X1???

May 24, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #8,630 of 16,326

It sounds great to me, but only when it's custom fit. My first player was a Hidizs AP100, great sound with UERR. But I forgot it in a bus :frowning2: And know there is no more ditribution for this player in Germany.
Then I bought a used AK 100 (the first one) there the sound is a little dull. But I think it's the player not the UE. I think the problem here is the output impedance of the amplifier stage, it's 22 ohms. I've heard, all multi armature IEMs with crossovers have problems with that.

Two weeks ago I visit the HighEnd2016 in Munich and i played the UE on many devices (Fiio7, Astell&Kern AK120-380, Acoustic Research M2 etc) and on all devices I had a very great sound. Very clear sound, some would say "alalytic" or " synthetic". But I want it this way, clear and honestly, and not so bassy.

What can I say?
I love my UERR and now I want to marry him with the best player :) maybe the DP-X1???

Thanks for your input!

May 24, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #8,631 of 16,326
Can you provide a link to where to get the right angled 2.5 jack?  Thanks!

Hey addyg, the 2.5 TRRS gold RT angle pre older connection for is in the drop down menu for amplifier connection optios when ordering g the Shure mmcx silver dragon cable. I do not know if Drew sells them separately.i also think it's a relatively new option because I don't remember seeing it in the menu as recently as 2 weeks ago.

May 24, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #8,632 of 16,326
Hey golfpro, I was looking at the JH website. I assume you meant the Roxannes. It seems like it is olyn available as a custom or am I reading it wrong. I prefer universal. Not cause I'm cheap, but because Universal's fit me astonishingly well and I don't see the value for customs (getting molds,extra effort/time, worries of improper for etc..). I'm a instant gratification kinda dude. :yum:

May 24, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #8,633 of 16,326
Hey addyg, the 2.5 TRRS gold RT angle pre older connection for is in the drop down menu for amplifier connection optios when ordering g the Shure mmcx silver dragon cable. I do not know if Drew sells them separately.i also think it's a relatively new option because I don't remember seeing it in the menu as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!

May 24, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #8,635 of 16,326
Hey golfpro, I was looking at the JH website. I assume you meant the Roxannes. It seems like it is olyn available as a custom or am I reading it wrong. I prefer universal. Not cause I'm cheap, but because Universal's fit me astonishingly well and I don't see the value for customs (getting molds,extra effort/time, worries of improper for etc..). I'm a instant gratification kinda dude. :yum:

The entire JH Audio line is available in universals,  Layla, Roxanne, Angie, and Rosie.  I believe the universals are on a different website.  Just the customs on the JH website.

May 24, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #8,636 of 16,326

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the tension over the free wheeling, cuz with the free wheeling, as soon I slip the player into my pocket, it would either turn the volume up or down.

Lol.... Mine is getting tighter and tighter tat I need to use some extra to turn it. Brought it down to the shop I purchase and they did a 1 to 1 exchange....

May 24, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #8,638 of 16,326

If you are buying from JH Audio direct, you can only purchase the custom versions.

The Universals are a direct partnership with Astell & Kern and are a separate line. There were two lines made, the original acrylic (discontinued but new-old stock exists) and now a new line known as the Full Metal Jacket Line.

Here's a direct link to Astell & Kern JH Audio FMJ Line; click each earphone for detailed info.

Only a fraction of retailers officially sell the universal lines, but here are links from Moon-Audio.com (from most expensive to cheapest, in both new and older lines):

FMJ Line:
  1. Astell & Kern Layla II 
  2. Astell & Kern Roxanne II
  3. Astell & Kern Angie II
  4. Astell & Kern Rosie

Older Universals:
  1. Astell & Kern Layla
  2. Astell & Kern Angie

Hope this helps!

^^

Edit:
Oops, Rosie is part of the FMJ line, rectified :p

May 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #8,639 of 16,326

​You have to eject each card in the storage menu every time you remove a card to make it work properly.

THIS EVERY TIME!!!!!!

The device is always reading the cards, so if you don't eject, you could, potentially, cause issues to your MicroSD card...

May 24, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #8,640 of 16,326
Thanks for the replies. It's weird as it seems not to see anything in slot 1 . In the storage menu the option to mount or eject doesn't work, like there is nothing in slot 1 . I've tried three cards all of which work fine in slot 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back