ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 23, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #8,611 of 16,326
May 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #8,613 of 16,326
I tell myself reference/completely transparent is what I strive for. That, however, includesbass. If it's recorded with a lot of bass, I want the bass to make my ears bleed :). All joking aside, I really want it true to what the recording intended.

​I would try the JH Audio line if you have the funds.  Great treble and has adjustable bass cable.  The 1964 ears line will be more bass heavy, as will the Westone.     

Plan on getting a good cable, probably silver for your taste.  The JHA's already have a good cable.

I love the Aurisonics line, but they are discontinued, very bass heavy and more of a live sound. 

May 23, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #8,614 of 16,326

​I would try the JH Audio line if you have the funds.  Great treble and has adjustable bass cable.  The 1964 ears line will be more bass heavy, as will the Westone.     

Plan on getting a good cable, probably silver for your taste.  The JHA's already have a good cable.

I love the Aurisonics line, but they are discontinued, very bass heavy and more of a live sound. 

I'm pairing my DP-X1 with JH Angie + Beat Audio Supernova balanced cable and it is blast! 

May 23, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #8,615 of 16,326

Thanks is for your input. I was thinking the JH IEMs. Currently with the se846s I run a balanced silver cable from moon audio with a right angled 2.5 connection for. I'll do similar for the JHs. I've heard good things about the 1964s as well. What kind of profile do the JHs sport? I think I read somewhere that they can be on the big side.

May 23, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #8,616 of 16,326
  Hi,

I am a new onwer , jumpship from XDP-100R. My volume knob has some kind of tension for example, 4 click was quite smooth after that a bit of tension for another 4 click and so on... dun is it faulty... But i convince myself it some kind of safety feature if it was accidently push...haha

Cheers

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the tension over the free wheeling, cuz with the free wheeling, as soon I slip the player into my pocket, it would either turn the volume up or down.

May 24, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #8,617 of 16,326
  Be somewhat careful with the headphone jacks, but not paranoid. Ideally do the re-enforcing techniques discussed here.

Hello Sonic Defender,

Mind to explain the " re-enforcing techniques"? Sorry, just hoping for a quick answer. 

Greetings from Malaysia.

May 24, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #8,618 of 16,326
It disable the output power cap.
And reach the same output power as Jap version

Thanks for sharing, will definitely try out tonite! I am using 130 - 140 at the moment on 2.5mm balanced mode. 

May 24, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #8,620 of 16,326
Thanks is for your input. I was thinking the JH IEMs. Currently with the se846s I run a balanced silver cable from moon audio with a right angled 2.5 connection for. I'll do similar for the JHs. I've heard good things about the 1964s as well. What kind of profile do the JHs sport? I think I read somewhere that they can be on the big side.

Can you provide a link to where to get the right angled 2.5 jack?  Thanks!

May 24, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #8,621 of 16,326
  Hi, I'm the new one from Munich, Germany and first of all my name is Michael and my english is horrible. SORRY, i hope you can understand, what I want to say.

In June, when the DP-X1 is on the market in Germany, I want to buy it.
I have the Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered Custom In Ear Monitors. The balanced cable from UE webside, is this the right one for the Onkyo DP-X1 balanced line out?

http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables

And has anyone practical knowledge with this combination, UE RRM and DP-X1?

Thank you for an answer
Michael

How is your Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered Custom ?   I only got chance to try out the UERR (non custom) demo with my dp-x1 on 3.5 port. I don't think I hear the full potential of UERR as it has big reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back