ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 11, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #8,236 of 16,328
 (B) means Black in color. That is the only color it has.

Wow! That makes sense.

Cheers. 
darthsmile.gif

May 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #8,237 of 16,328
Just find that foobar2000 (fb2000) is available on Play store.  I installed it.  I love it for intense bass. Very nice for pop and rock.

This is the link

May 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #8,238 of 16,328
  I've had this for a few weeks now and can honestly say that this is the Best DAP I have had so far, it just works. I have had no scanning issues no playing issues just no issues! I have other DAPs and they still have the aforementioned issues even after many updates but they sound good still so I keep them. I have not used the Balanced out yet as I don't have a Balanced cable but I'm planning on buying the new Alclair CIEM that is coming out soon. I do use this with my Alclair RSM CIEM Single Ended and it is still an amazing sound.

My only complaint is I wish that on standby it would not use so much battery, it seems like regardless if you are playing music or its paused/on standyby that it consumes the same amount of juice. This could be easily fixed with an update.

Turning off all Notice from apps will save a lot of battery.  When I install a new app, I make sure I turn off its Notice function.

Disable (not uninstalling) not frequently use app will help too.

May 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #8,239 of 16,328
I am very new to this so please excuse my ignorance. When I have my DP-X1 plugged into my computer and I open the DP-X1 file, I cannot organize the folders. It lets me change folder names, but I can't move files from one folder to another. When I try to do this, I get a "DP-X1" is busy" message that doesn't seem to go away. Am I doing something wrong or do you have to organize the files on the computer before uploading them to the DP-X1? 

May 11, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #8,240 of 16,328
I want to connect my DP-X1 to my Hugo and for that I need a Micro B USB 2.0 to Micro B USB 2.0 cable. I haven´t found that type of cable anywhere. Both ends must be the same. I´v browsed 20 pages of Amazon and all over the vast internet.

But I know some of you have hooked up your player to either Hugo or Mojo, so if you can tell me where you bought your cable, I would be happy as a tornado in a trailer park. :)

Edit: I think I found my cable in Switzerland: https://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/usb-cables/usb-otg-microb-microb-20

Hope it´s the right one, because I ordered two.

Check out the mojo thread in the third post, under the heading "USB OTG Cables for use with Mojo". There are a few good options available in all price ranges/quality.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post#

May 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #8,241 of 16,328
Check out the mojo thread in the third post, under the heading "USB OTG Cables for use with Mojo". There are a few good options available in all price ranges/quality.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post#

Thanks! This confirms once again that I have ordered the correct cable. Nice to know. :)

May 11, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #8,242 of 16,328
  I am very new to this so please excuse my ignorance. When I have my DP-X1 plugged into my computer and I open the DP-X1 file, I cannot organize the folders. It lets me change folder names, but I can't move files from one folder to another. When I try to do this, I get a "DP-X1" is busy" message that doesn't seem to go away. Am I doing something wrong or do you have to organize the files on the computer before uploading them to the DP-X1? 

​Are you using the X-Dap program?  If not, download it from onkyo's website and try that.

May 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #8,243 of 16,328
Sad week for me. I had to put up my player on the for sale section, as balanced does not work.
Bought this unit back in February from Japan. Unfortunately I had an accident with it, where a balanced cable got tangled on the edge of a furnature fixture at work, the balanced input plug was pulled out and made inoperable.
Regular output works fine and fine to use as a transport as well I would  think. 

Without balanced, the Onkyo is basically a pioneer xdp-100r.
So $500 seems like a  reasonable price.

I was thinking of putting in a warranty claim, but the accident was my own stupid fault, therefore it's not covered. 

Let me  know if anyone is interested. It's a great player, just doesn't do balanced now. 

May 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #8,244 of 16,328
  Sad week for me. I had to put up my player on the for sale section, as balanced does not work.
Bought this unit back in February from Japan. Unfortunately I had an accident with it, where a balanced cable got tangled on the edge of a furnature fixture at work, the balanced input plug was pulled out and made inoperable.
Regular output works fine and fine to use as a transport as well I would  think. 

I was thinking of putting in a warranty claim, but the accident was my own stupid fault, therefore it's not covered. 

Let me  know if anyone is interested. It's a great player, just doesn't do balanced now. 

Really sorry to hear that 
frown.gif

The accident may have been your fault but the effect in no way is.

Have you ever had a portable audio device where you never got a wire tangled and pulled out of the jack socket? I know it's happened on a number of occasions with every device I've ever owned and none has ever been damaged in any way. A few headphone cables have been, but never the device.

A portable audio device should be designed and manufactured to deal with a reasonable amount of 'rough and tumble' associated with portable use. The DP-X1 is not and, in this regard, is not fit for purpose. 

It's up to you what you do, but a warranty claim would be perfectly valid and reasonable.

May 11, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #8,245 of 16,328

Actually if you get it back to Japan the warranty should cover it. We have similar case in our group and it got replaced.

May 11, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #8,247 of 16,328

It's up to you what you do, but a warranty claim would be perfectly valid and reasonable.

I agree, and I would be shocked if Onkyo wouldn't honour the warranty. This of course depends on the seller putting in a warranty claim on the buyers behalf.

May 11, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #8,248 of 16,328

You should be fine, it is often slow when I move files around on my Android phone, but it should still work. Regardless, it is ideal to have everything ready before you move it to the DP-X1, but you really should be able to do so after the fact. Try moving smaller amounts of data at once and see.

May 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #8,250 of 16,328
I've had this for a few weeks now and can honestly say that this is the Best DAP I have had so far, it just works. I have had no scanning issues no playing issues just no issues! I have other DAPs and they still have the aforementioned issues even after many updates but they sound good still so I keep them. I have not used the Balanced out yet as I don't have a Balanced cable but I'm planning on buying the new Alclair CIEM that is coming out soon. I do use this with my Alclair RSM CIEM Single Ended and it is still an amazing sound.

My only complaint is I wish that on standby it would not use so much battery, it seems like regardless if you are playing music or its paused/on standyby that it consumes the same amount of juice. This could be easily fixed with an update.

I find that putting the DP-X1 on permanent flight mode increases its standby time a great deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back