ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 1, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #6,781 of 16,326
Re - posting due to attachements cannot be seen

I am on the latest version..,  SW 0.1.29_xxxxx

Onkyo read some folders as "unknown" which I had tagged with Mp3
It appears as "unknown" in the  Album section...
  It will not play.. and when I browse the album under SDfolder..
inside the affected folder appeared an additional folder, a .wdmc folder

Inside the affected folder, additional dot and underscore appeared in all the files name

not sure what the problem with all these folders.

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #6,783 of 16,326
I primarily bought my Onkyo as a standalone player, but having decided for my own uses that I preferred the Mojo SE to the Onkyo Balanced/AGC I have ended up using it as just that, a transport.

In my case not just the extra storage as my nexus 6 and OnePlus One do not have expandable storage, but also fear of running my phone battery down.

Do you have the same problem as I do when using the Onkyo as transport and OTG out to Mojo? It would go silent for few seconds in the middle of a track. Sort of like connection problem.

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #6,784 of 16,326
Do you have the same problem as I do when using the Onkyo as transport and OTG out to Mojo? It would go silent for few seconds in the middle of a track. Sort of like connection problem.

No I don't have that problem unless playing higher rate DSD files, with FLAC, WAV etc no problems at all

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #6,785 of 16,326

Inside the affected folder, additional dot and underscore appeared in all the files name

I have not experienced this.
I know it will be a pain but I would imagine the only way around this would be to rename your folders and tracks.
confused.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #6,786 of 16,326
  I am on the latest version.., i think.. SW 0.1.29_xxxxx

And It seem that i have some flac files that Onkyo cant read. 
   I had check these files on my Sonyt ZX2.. It has no problem reading it

It will appears as "unknown" in the  Album section...
  It will not play.. and when I browse the album under folder.. all files have an additional underscore
and a .wdmc file 

Not sure what is the problem... anyone seeing this? 

Unknown in the Album section (or any other part of the Library except the folder view) is the result of a file with missing tag information (in the Album tag for your example).

wdmc files are index files created (usually hidden) in a folder by backup programs. My guess would be that at some point in time you backed up your music files to a NAS or Cloud backup server so your computer created these invisible files that were copied over to your DAP when you copied tracks to it. As far as your flac files go, the DP-X1 does not like Vorbis tags and will not display them properly in the Library. At least that has been my experience. Corrected it by adding ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 tags to my flac files.

That is about as far as I can go to help you, but deleting those wdmc files from the card should help since they are not a music file format.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #6,787 of 16,326

I think you are using mac. Please run the following under the terminal,  assuming the name of your sd card is "Untitled"

find /Volumes/Untitled -name "._*" -type file -delete

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #6,788 of 16,326

If you experienced this issue when replaying DSD through DoP and the silent position is random, then you may try to set the output to PCM and check if the issue is still there or not. I am using Hugo and I have already given up on using DP-X1 as the transport because of this issue. The Onkyo Support implied that it's related to the extra loading resulted from DoP, which I questioned why it's not considered in the design. Anyway, their recommendation is to set the output to PCM when running into this issue. 

Nevertheless, I still love the DP-X1 as a standalone DAP, just wonderful sound through the balanced output. 

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #6,789 of 16,326
If you experienced this issue when replaying DSD through DoP and the silent position is random, then you may try to set the output to PCM and check if the issue is still there or not. I am using Hugo and I have already given up on using DP-X1 as the transport because of this issue. The Onkyo Support implied that it's related to the extra loading resulted from DoP, which I questioned why it's not considered in the design. Anyway, their recommendation is to set the output to PCM when running into this issue. 

Nevertheless, I still love the DP-X1 as a standalone DAP, just wonderful sound through the balanced output. 

Thanks. Will try and see.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #6,790 of 16,326
I think you are using mac. Please run the following under the terminal,  assuming the name of your sd card is "Untitled"

[COLOR=0000FF]find /Volumes/Untitled -name "._*" -type file -delete[/COLOR]

Yes, at 1 point i was using macmini..So the command can also be used on window terminal? Is there a command, which i can do it at the root?..i have like 200 folders to do..
And the other problem is i cant see these files in the win7..

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #6,791 of 16,326
Yes, at 1 point i was using macmini..So the command can also be used on window terminal? Is there a command, which i can do it at the root?..i have like 200 folders to do..
And the other problem is i cant see these files in the win7..

Yeah, that is a weird part of the folder browse implementation of Onkyo: it shows hidden Mac files. It totally confused me when I upgraded to the latest firmware. The "real" music files should listed underneath all of those ._ files and you should have no problems playing them.  Since I'm a Mac person I cant really tell you how to get rid of them, but I did a quick Google search and there seem to be a few options for Windows users too.

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #6,795 of 16,326
I still have a macmini so I can use it but I think I wont since it generates those ._ files.
the macmini is use for with my desktop amp..
Anyway i had managed to clean up some 50 folders.. 
 learn a new thing today and thanks to all who have help..

btw did you guys notice that the auto rotation dont work.
 I had it enabled but it just wont rotate when you are in stock player..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back