ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 30, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #4,592 of 16,328
You are in the minority here. I don't think it is accurate to represent the DP-X1 as having these issues when very few people report anything like you're talking about. I have zero issues with the UI, it has never been anything but quick to respond. I'm not saying you aren't experiencing issues, but I am saying you should use language that reflects you can only speak for yourself. As I said, very few people have expressed any issues with say streaming and distortion, and the others have gotten very quiet about the issue and haven't kept reporting it which may mean they realized they were mistaken.

Talk about your experience, but please don't make these sweeping claims that what you are saying about the Onkyo are facts that everybody will experience, that isn't accurate. I have had no issues at all, and I follow this thread extremely closely since day one, and I would say very few people report issues like you are discussing. The jack issue is one that has been mentioned and can't be ignored, but again, there are still some who feel their Onkyo doesn't have the jack issue. Mine does have the modest gap, but frankly it is a pretty minor issue at this point. Do I think it should have happened? No, I agree that should never have been an issue; however, it is a very small concern for me.

Well said... i couldn't agree more.

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #4,593 of 16,328
This DAP is wallet busting beautiful and is on my short list for upgrade path from iBasso DX90. Forgive me if answered previously but the thread has grown quite large. 2 questions:

1. Will the DP-X1 function as a USB DAC on Windows PC?
2. What is the "jack issue" referenced above?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #4,594 of 16,328
  This DAP is wallet busting beautiful and is on my short list for upgrade path from iBasso DX90. Forgive me if answered previously but the thread has grown quite large. 2 questions:

Thanks!

To answer your 2nd question, the jack issue is the jacks being loose due to having a gap. This has caused issues with some people. To the extent of the shield coming off...  There is a mini mod you can you. You can apply acrylic to fill the gap and solve the issue. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #4,595 of 16,328

Thanks!

For your 1st question, refer to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/4500#post_12295234

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,596 of 16,328

For your 1st question, refer to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/4500#post_12295234

Thank you....Feb. 3 firmware update sounds promising....better start saving my $$$!

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #4,597 of 16,328
  To answer your 2nd question, the jack issue is the jacks being loose due to having a gap. This has caused issues with some people. To the extent of the shield coming off...  There is a mini mod you can you. You can apply acrylic to fill the gap and solve the issue. 

Understood. I'm not generally much of a DIY'er with highend electronics...but good to know there's a simple fix if needed.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #4,598 of 16,328
  New DP-X1 Italian Leather case coming.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01AY6WC6E/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Italian what? isn't it Dignis case? it was mentioned a few post back.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #4,599 of 16,328
Well said... i couldn't agree more.

Don't forget how long the Sony has been out, after all we're early adopters. Folder browsing already works on the Pioneer so there's no reason that Onkyo cant address most of these issues going forward, given the will to do so and it appears they're wanting to take a dominant position in the market so I have every faith there's a lot more to come. I've just upgraded to the KEF M500s and the results are superb with the DP-X1 so to think balanced is even better gives me scope for improvement in future without replacing my source, so for me so far this is turning out to be a major bargain!

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,601 of 16,328
Don't forget how long the Sony has been out, after all we're early adopters. Folder browsing already works on the Pioneer so there's no reason that Onkyo cant address most of these issues going forward, given the will to do so and it appears they're wanting to take a dominant position in the market so I have every faith there's a lot more to come. I've just upgraded to the KEF M500s and the results are superb with the DP-X1 so to think balanced is even better gives me scope for improvement in future without replacing my source, so for me so far this is turning out to be a major bargain!

Sony only did one upgrade....lol, and nothing after that. The reason why I can not wait to move on :D..still couldn't find it

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #4,602 of 16,328

It's fragile', you know.

I dropped it once, no scatches, dent or whatever. Just worry about that bent jack as well as exposed top silver panel where scratches could be seen easily. Dignis doesn't cover that.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #4,603 of 16,328

I loved the KEF M500, and only sold it as I couldn't go balanced. It must sound stinking good even SE with the Onkyo.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #4,604 of 16,328

I dropped it once, no scatches, dent or whatever. Just worry about that bent jack as well as exposed top silver panel where scratches could be seen easily. Dignis doesn't cover that.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #4,605 of 16,328
  I loved the KEF M500, and only sold it as I couldn't go balanced. It must sound stinking good even SE with the Onkyo.

Really pleased with it, originally I had AKG K451s which I knew I needed to upgrade so was a bit underwhelmed when the Onkyo first arrived but through the KEFs wow! So I'm really interested to know what a balanced pair would add to the mix! But again that's the beauty of this device its superb as a baseline unit with SE but has so much more potential for later upgrades

Users who are viewing this thread

Back