ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #4,396 of 16,326
Haha Peterek for the win. I'm waiting for my balanced Oppo Pm-3 cable also!!

Paid for my DP-X1 some 44 hours ago and now it is out for delivery. Hong Kong to my hands in Adelaide in less than 48 hours, now that's something a geek can live with :)
Peterek balanced TRRS for Oppo PM-3 also ordered. Let's see if DP-X1 balanced can beat the Mojo with a Lavri cable to PM-3.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #4,397 of 16,326
  I've noticed strange (?) behavior of my DP-X1...
I.e. - switched it on, then started listen to the music and after ~2 minutes the player stop to play music...
And on the display was message that "some updates needs my confirmation to install", or something like that...

Is that normal on Android devices? As the Onkyo is my first with Android on-board...

No such behavior on my unit. After you update all your apps the message still show up?

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #4,398 of 16,326
  Heya i read your previous post. your issue is it will not recognise that u have an outdated FW and u want to update right?

Initially i had this issue too. i solved it by turning on wifi andleft it there untouched lol 1to 2 hrs later it auto prompt me to update. i did not actively use the "check for update" function.

Yeah, that's exactly my problem. I did try the manual "check for update", without luck. I shall leave it on WiFi overnight (plugged in :)) and see if that does anything. Thanks!

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #4,399 of 16,326

Ok, I did the reset, now I can get into the recovery mode and select "install zip from SD card". However I get a "can't mount SD card" error. The card is readable for ED File Explorer tho...Anybody got some advice? Sorry to be so...ignorant

doofalb, I'm not sure that all of these steps are necessary but after some trial and error here's what worked for me:
- power down
- remove your music microSDs
- take a spare microSD, FAT format, and place the upgrade zip file on the card
- put the SD with upgrade file in slot 1
- make sure that there is no card in slot 2 or the SD mount points will be renamed in recovery mode and you will not be able to access the upgrade zip
- boot in recovery mode (power and adjacent button, penguin picture, wait a few minutes)
- select install zip from SD card
- about 5 minutes for the upgrade
- about 10 minutes (one time only) for app optimization after the upgrade
- enjoy!

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #4,402 of 16,326

doofalb, I'm not sure that all of these steps are necessary but after some trial and error here's what worked for me:
- power down
- remove your music microSDs
- take a spare microSD, FAT format, and place the upgrade zip file on the card
- put the SD with upgrade file in slot 1
- make sure that there is no card in slot 2 or the SD mount points will be renamed in recovery mode and you will not be able to access the upgrade zip
- boot in recovery mode (power and adjacent button, penguin picture, wait a few minutes)
- select install zip from SD card
- about 5 minutes for the upgrade
- about 10 minutes (one time only) for app optimization after the upgrade
- enjoy!

Hi @expat852,

I followed exactly your instructions, but no luck. I also had the developer options incl debugging enabled, hoping that that would help.
The message I get before even choosing "apply updsate..." is E: Can't open /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc (permissions denied). Once I hit the apply update option I also get E: Can't mount SD card.
I'm not too worried about this update But I sure would like to be able to update to future, more significant firmware upgrades. Arrgh
-

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #4,404 of 16,326
  Does anyone know if it will be updated to Android 6.0?

As far as my exp tells, those daps won't be receiving any updates for the OS but the firmware itself only. They are not like smartphones

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #4,407 of 16,326
  phone? from my android experience if a device is meant to run of a certain build keep it that way. E.g my note 4 never went to the next build because it consumed so much power it was ridiculous.

Ya agreed, I 'butt-updated' by mistake
confused_face.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #4,409 of 16,326
  anyone having OTA 1.25 download link? I've updated to 1.26 but the sound is not good! Thanks in advance.

another person confirmed the sound is not good on 1.26 . Unfortunately, you can't revert back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back