ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 21, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #4,111 of 16,326

I ignored it because playlist would save it somehow but then playlist is a fail ...also believed that grouping them together under "Album name" would manage it but then its a fail too
Does anyone here know how to make compilation? I see some clues solving this problem.  I can't seem to make it out of mp3tag btw
Trying to create playlist is the PITA on this player....managed add few but then folder with over hundred of them , can't help to scroll down every single one...

Is it possible to import playlist from PC program like Foobar? If yes it would be a lot easier.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #4,112 of 16,326
Is it possible to import playlist from PC program like Foobar? If yes it would be a lot easier.

Nope, tried but couldn't find a way to import it to Onkyo.

@Found it, MediaGo works great

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #4,113 of 16,326
  Guys im in a real quandry and in the process i have given myself a headache...

Im trying to determine what IEM's i should get...I have been told that there is no point spending more than $700 because beyond that the gains are not that great.
I have narrowed it down to the following:

1. Sony XBA-Z5
2. Stagediver SD4

Then i have the following if i ignore the $700 rule

1. Fitear 334
2. Shure SE846
3. Kaiser K10u

What do you guys think?

I had and would not recommend the Stagediver SD3 - too dark - now is the SD4 better? More like having the SD2 x 2,  a 4BA but still 2-way system. 

I cannot stand the Sony fit unfortunately - I have a hell of a time making those huge Sony IEMs stay sealed.

Fitear 334 is a wonderful IEM - I am getting to know them more and more. Solid bass, buttery mids and smooth detailed treble

SE846 is a brilliant IEM that plays well with many sources but really excels when connected to a high end source - what I mean is they are impressive at first listen with most anything - then come the complaints of grainy treble and roll-off, but when you connect to a Mojo or a Pure II or any super clean source, they earn their $

K10u - I have a custom, so cannot comment on fit, but clearly a fantastic IEM - just very musical - makes you happy..

...I aldo agree with the fellow who recommended the Velvet - very musical and a great price - there is a reason Earsonics used big BA drivers... 
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #4,114 of 16,326
Does Onkyo not support M4U playlists? @gearofwar I'm not entirely sure what your needs are, but I would think with MP3tag you could get a workable solution. I just don't know what the real problem is. If you have all of these one off here today gone today Anime music producers that aren't tagged well, well that sucks, but lack of organization kind of goes with the genre doesn't it? At least that is what I have found when try to explore the genre.

Now I'm making the assumption that you get tons of this stuff, like it, but don't always know the producers well and you lose track of a large collection and it is compounded by lack of file tagging. Is that at all part of the problem to be solved? For me, I'm a Nazi with making sure I get my stuff organized right away before I forget what it is and dump it in some catch all folder that I will "clean up later". If I'm completely missing the crux of your situation my apology.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #4,115 of 16,326
  If you mean the large wallpaper design in the background I don't believe you can, nor would you want to I suspect it could obscure on screen controls. If you notice in the lower left hand corner there is a small thumbnail colour image of the artwork, tap that and you can see a larger colour image and information, but it won't be displayed beneath the screen controls as the non-colour image is.

Ahh understood, makes perfect sense, thanks mate

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #4,116 of 16,326

Nope, tried but couldn't find a way to import it to Onkyo.

@Found it, MediaGo works great

Glad you could find the solution. Will try MediaGo myself :)

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #4,117 of 16,326
So USA MSRP is $899 - I wonder how long to get down to $599 street price...

DP-X1 Digital Audio Player

With a well-earned reputation as a leader in hi-res audio, Onkyo’s continues that tradition with its DP-X1 Digital Audio Player. Backed by dual ESS Technology Sabre ES9018K2M DACs and two SABRE9601K amps with balanced headphone output, the DP-X1 is the only DAP with such an advanced configuration, the result of which is unprecedented power and control.

The DP-X1 also has two types of balanced drives: ACG and BTL, for greater stability and clean, crystal clear sound. The unit is also among the first to support the MQA format, an anticipated new standard that captures and preserves the original studio recording, and delivers it in a package small enough to stream.

From a storage standpoint, the DP-X1 can expand to 432GBs, thanks to dual micro-SDXC card slots and can supply up to 16 hours of playback.

The DP-X1 will be available in April for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $899.99.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #4,118 of 16,326
  I don't know why people are so fixate on folder browsing, which IMNSHO is actually the LEAST efficient way of browsing for music on a smart DAP with hundreds of gigs of music files.

If I really need to look for something on these DAPs full of music, I'll use that giant "search" button, that's why these things are build with a smartphone OS and a giant touchscreen. 

I used to be that too, until when I looked in the mirror, slapped myself, and told myself to be disciplined, then I went and properly tagged all my music (which was a lot of work since bloody stupid iTunes reorganised my folders), then, I found that I don't need to browse by folder anymore, ever...

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #4,119 of 16,326

DP-X1 Digital Audio Player

With a well-earned reputation as a leader in hi-res audio, Onkyo’s continues that tradition with its DP-X1 Digital Audio Player. Backed by dual ESS Technology Sabre ES9018K2M DACs and two SABRE9601K amps with balanced headphone output, the DP-X1 is the only DAP with such an advanced configuration, the result of which is unprecedented power and control.

The DP-X1 also has two types of balanced drives: ACG and BTL, for greater stability and clean, crystal clear sound. The unit is also among the first to support the MQA format, an anticipated new standard that captures and preserves the original studio recording, and delivers it in a package small enough to stream.

From a storage standpoint, the DP-X1 can expand to 432GBs, thanks to dual micro-SDXC card slots and can supply up to 16 hours of playback.

The DP-X1 will be available in April for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $899.99.

Don't think it will drop to such price easily. You can see similar example with ZX1 or ZX2

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #4,120 of 16,326
Hello!

I just received my Onkyo now.

There are any firmware update? If yes, I just need to download throught the update menu in the device or something more?
I tried to find something about firmware here, but nothing...

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #4,121 of 16,326
Hello!

I just received my Onkyo now.

There are any firmware update? If yes, I just need to download throught the update menu in the device or something more?
I tried to find something about firmware here, but nothing...

Congrats :)

You'll get a message that a firmware update is available once you're connected, if not just go to Settings > Device Information > System updates

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #4,122 of 16,326

If you're ok with it, go for PriceJapan and import, almost everybody got it from them...

You could also buy it used from someone who didn't like it and is willing to let it go at a discount from PriceJapan price, maybe @Whitigir  ?

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #4,124 of 16,326
You know, finally I hear a difference, and I really wasn't trying. I just started playing a song I know well by Bruce Hornsby, Long Tall Cool One, and it just seemed a little strained in the vocals, almost like they were spread a little differently. Anyway when I moved the lock range back to normal the vocals seemed to recede a little and sounded more natural and perhaps a tad more centred. I may be over-describing the differences, but this time it was certainly detectable.

I know there is a difference in hearing acuity at different times. Earlier when I was testing it was during the day and I think my mind was a little over-active thinking about tasks at hand. Who knows. I think from time to time, I will spot check things and just change a little and see what happens. Sometimes when we are deliberately testing things we saturate our little brains and detecting differences becomes very difficult. Everything in moderation which I guess includes sound comparisons.

Yeah, it is not a thing that you would notice right away, and you described it. The changes start out from vocal, and everything else around it once you know what the changes are. You need good revealing headphones or IEMS :D as always. Once you are able to observe the changes, wider - more musical and forgiving then narrower - more control and tightened

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #4,125 of 16,326

If you're ok with it, go for PriceJapan and import, almost everybody got it from them...

You could also buy it used from someone who didn't like it and is willing to let it go at a discount from PriceJapan price, maybe @Whitigir  ?

I'm already in - Ordered through Tenso over the weekend... There's no going back - lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back