ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 21, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #4,096 of 16,326
^ Really? It seems pretty easy to use, but I guess if I was comparing it to a highly polished UI it might seem not up to snuff, but a nightmare? Seems like a pretty strong position to take.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #4,098 of 16,326
Have you found your setting on the lock range adjustment yet
biggrin.gif

I still don't hear any difference so I'm not going to really worry. I just keep it halfway between wide and normal.

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #4,101 of 16,326
  When I use the stock player, the cover art displayed is black and white, instead of colour, does anyone know how to change this to colour?

If you mean the large wallpaper design in the background I don't believe you can, nor would you want to I suspect it could obscure on screen controls. If you notice in the lower left hand corner there is a small thumbnail colour image of the artwork, tap that and you can see a larger colour image and information, but it won't be displayed beneath the screen controls as the non-colour image is.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #4,102 of 16,326
Have you found your setting on the lock range adjustment yet
biggrin.gif

You know, finally I hear a difference, and I really wasn't trying. I just started playing a song I know well by Bruce Hornsby, Long Tall Cool One, and it just seemed a little strained in the vocals, almost like they were spread a little differently. Anyway when I moved the lock range back to normal the vocals seemed to recede a little and sounded more natural and perhaps a tad more centred. I may be over-describing the differences, but this time it was certainly detectable.

I know there is a difference in hearing acuity at different times. Earlier when I was testing it was during the day and I think my mind was a little over-active thinking about tasks at hand. Who knows. I think from time to time, I will spot check things and just change a little and see what happens. Sometimes when we are deliberately testing things we saturate our little brains and detecting differences becomes very difficult. Everything in moderation which I guess includes sound comparisons.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #4,103 of 16,326
I don't know why people are so fixate on folder browsing, which IMNSHO is actually the LEAST efficient way of browsing for music on a smart DAP with hundreds of gigs of music files.

If I really need to look for something on these DAPs full of music, I'll use that giant "search" button, that's why these things are build with a smartphone OS and a giant touchscreen. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #4,104 of 16,326
nanaholic said:
  I don't know why people are so fixate on folder browsing, which IMNSHO is actually the LEAST efficient way of browsing for music on a smart DAP with hundreds of gigs of music files.

If I really need to look for something on these DAPs full of music, I'll use that giant "search" button, that's why these things are build with a smartphone OS and a giant touchscreen. 

Look, I have a lot of music , lets say "Anime" . How many songs do I have on them? over 5000. Now then, I don't have good memory of everything to put in search for every single song. They don't have many similarities in Artist nor Album, so the best way for me is to group them into separate folders with the titles of the anime. So now when I want to set my memory on certain movies , anime. I know where to find them. Is this clear?
Grouping them into the same Album name on Onkyo is a total failure, I can't have them playing continuously without having to pressing back button to choose different album ....and playlist is useless...

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #4,105 of 16,326
  Look, I have a lot of music , lets say "Anime" . How many songs do I have on them? over 5000. Now then, I don't have good memory of everything to put in search for every single song. They don't have many similarities in Artist nor Album, so the best way for me is to group them into separate folders with the titles of the anime. So now when I want to set my memory on certain movies , anime. I know where to find them. Is this clear?
Grouping them into the same Album name Onkyo was a total failure, I can't have them playing continuous without having to pressing back button to choose different album ....and playlist is useless...

Look I have MORE music than you.  I just use all the tags that's available within the file container and search.  If it's anime music?  Label them as genre "anime".  From the same anime?  Use "groups". You should try it, it's actually VERY efficient.    

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #4,106 of 16,326

Look I have MORE music than you.  I just use all the tags that's available within the file container and search.  If it's anime music?  Label them as genre "anime".  From the same anime?  Use "groups". You should try it, it's actually VERY efficient.    

What do you mean by "Group"? Also when you list them under genre "Anime". They are still being divided into multiple artists...Btw, i don't need to know if someone has more music, 5000 is just random number...i don't even count Game OST (filled up 200 gb sd) , Movie OST, regular Japanese, or etc music

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #4,108 of 16,326
And that is exactly what I had to do with my Fiio x5 first generation and the reason why I won't buy an undeveloped product ever again.

It was a pain on my X5 too but folder browsing just saved it somehow. Also the ability to play with custom UI on it is great

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #4,109 of 16,326

What do you mean by "Group"? Also when you list them under genre "Anime". They are still being divided into multiple artists...Btw, i don't need to know if someone has more music, 5000 is just random number...i don't even count Game OST (filled up 200 gb sd) , Movie OST, regular Japanese, or etc music

You just know that Onkyo doesn't have folder browsing after you purchased it?

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #4,110 of 16,326

You just know that Onkyo doesn't have folder browsing after you purchased it?

I ignored it because playlist would save it somehow but then playlist is a fail ...also believed that grouping them together under "Album name" would manage it but then its a fail too
Does anyone here know how to make compilation? I see some clues solving this problem.  I can't seem to make it out of mp3tag btw
Trying to create playlist is the PITA on this player....managed add few but then folder with over hundred of them , can't help to scroll down every single one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back