ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #1,382 of 16,326
^ I don't think the zx2 has real bad hiss IMO, in real world usage, as long as you don't use low impedance iem's. That's when noticeable hiss quite easy to detect, which is an easy fix. Don't use 8 ohm iem's.
Now I figure this is a limitation of the class D topology that the ZX2 utilises, I guess you can not have it all.
However 30± hours of real time usage of audio bliss that the Zx2 can muscle out is industry leading (this sort of playback time is something Onkyo DAP can only dream about), this amp inside this Zx2 pulls emotions out of music that words alone cannot describe.
I can only say this audio reproduction is on a level that is simply incredible, and sends me to audio bliss....

Love my zx2.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,384 of 16,326
... that the Zx2 can muscle out is industry leading (this sort of playback time is something Onkyo DAP can only dream about), this amp inside this Zx2 pulls emotions out of music that words alone cannot describe.

Just to be fair, what makes you think the majority of people would value such battery life? I was going to get a ZX2, but it is extremely underpowered, and technically at this price point trailing a little as compared with DAPs like the Onkyo which should be a stellar performer. My belief is that Sony assumed people think a DAP is a phone so extreme battery life versus an actual amplifier is important. Sure the ZX2 sounds gorgeous, but only if you like quiet volumes and use pretty darn efficient headphones. The ZX2 was of course when it came out quite the statement (lack of power aside) but at the pace of innovation now found in DAP development, it is somewhat old news now and completely outdated beyond UI (which Sony rules at). The sad thing is when we buy gear be prepared to realise that in two years the design is certainly trailing edge regardless of our personal affinity for the sound signature. I'll take technical ability over battery life in a DAP anyday.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,385 of 16,326
^I'm not here to argue with you but this is a "portable DAP" so run time for me is no1, especially without a removable battery, if it's not important to you, enjoy your tethering to the wall or whatever floats your charge.
Now as for power, for me and my devices (mainly iem usage) I have more than enough, but for other people they may want more, I can only speak for me of coarse, and I am.
The UI could be improved. I agree, but it's solid and stable, and doesn't let you down.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,388 of 16,326
The Echobox campaign on indiegogo is another really interesting DAP that looks to be high quality. Here's the head-fi thread.

It's Android based with a BB PCM1742 desktop DAC chip and sporting a 300mw/channel amp (singled ended only). It's only $250 right now with 6 months free Tidal, and will include a free dock once the campaign reaches $50k.

Pretty awesome times right now - it looks like we're finally getting high quality DAPs for reasonable prices! I may get both the Echobox and Onkyo. :)

And NO - I'm NOT affiliated with Echobox and that is NOT a referral link. I'm just really excited about both these DAPs.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,389 of 16,326
popcorn.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,390 of 16,326
  If you guys haven't heard of it, check out the Echobox campaign on indiegogo as well. Here's the head-fi thread.

It's Android based with a BB PCM1742 desktop DAC chip and sporting a 300mw/channel amp. It's only $250 right now with 6 months free Tidal, and will include a free dock once the campaign reaches $50k.

Pretty awesome times right now - it looks like we're finally getting high quality DAPs for reasonable prices! I may get both the Echobox and Onkyo. :)

And NO - I'm NOT affiliated with Echobox and that is NOT a referral link. I'm just really excited about both these DAPs.

The whiskey flask was announced quite awhile ago - I'd steer clear on indiegogo, too. Once they have your money, they have you by the shorthairs.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #1,391 of 16,326
I heard the Geekwave campaign was a disaster. This is my 3rd time backing a campaign. First one went okay and the other two are due for 2016 launches. We'll see but I'm hopeful they actually ship product.

I guess the risk is another reason to jump on the Onkyo right now. :wink:

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,392 of 16,326
Excuse me, I have some questions

1. If I purchase DP-X1 from Japan via Pricejapan.com. What about its warranty? What should I do if the unit has technical problem in the future?

2. Anyone here ever bought product from Pricejapan.com? What is your experience, especially about product warranty?

Thank for an answer.

Cheer
Reizei

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,393 of 16,326
Excuse me, I have some questions

1. If I purchase DP-X1 from Japan via Pricejapan.com. What about its warranty? What should I do if the unit has technical problem in the future?

2. Anyone here ever bought product from Pricejapan.com? What is your experience, especially about product warranty?

Thank for an answer.

Cheer
Reizei

Want to find out about this as well.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #1,394 of 16,326
I was sent an email to Pricejapan manager and already have an answer for 1. The warranty of projector sell by Pricejapan show at web page is applied for audio product as well. The condition of warranty is:

"Warranty is valid only in Japan for 1 year. It is not valid in your country.

International warranty or more than 1 year warranty will NOT be applied.

When machines need warrant repair, you should send machines to makers in Japan, via us.

Shipping cost of Item's round trip will be your burden."

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #1,395 of 16,326
I said previously I thought that was the case about the warranty and others here said I didn't know what I was talking about. That was only one part of why I said it was a gamble to purchase this device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back