ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #14,688 of 16,326
The Onkyo software is much more robust than any of the FiiO android software...

I have an X7 too. I use the Onkyo
I have both the DP-X1 and Fiio X5iii and the DP-X1 is exponentially better in all aspects. My Dp-x1 has never given me the urge to take a sledge hammer to it like the FiiO does on a regular basis.

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #14,689 of 16,326
Question:

Has anyone connected this to a Schiit Modi through the USB output?

I'm trying to do that but it isn't working. I have a USB OTG cable that has male micro USB on one side for the DP-X1A and male USB B on the other side for the Modi. It seems like this should work, but the DP-X1A never sees the Modi.

If anyone has successfully done this, can you tell me what cable or cable combo you used?

Thanks!

Update:

Bum cable.

If you plan on doing this here's the cable that actually works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MQI8JGE/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@Evilcartman

Thanks for the advice. Once I got a good cable in the mix the first thing that popped up was that dialogue box you pointed out. I cut to the chase and clicked "Cancel." USB setup done.

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #14,690 of 16,326
I need some advise

I purchased used DP-DX1. It was in very good condition. I noted some slowness and connectivity issues with wifi but that I can forget.

When I connect HPs via 3.5mm I only hear one side and where I get it working still for slight movement of the cable give the same issue.

I have read that there is a manufacturing defect in the 3.5mm and 2.5mm connector in DP-X1 and and they corrected this in DP-DX1A

I cannot return the unit and I am not sure Onkyo with assist in anyway. Any suggestions

Thanks
Sanjeewa

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #14,691 of 16,326
I get that this is an audiophile forum but the way you causally toss the "grab" some $2000 headphones makes me wonder about your motives. There are certainly viable options starting at close to 100% cheaper.
The Angies are $899 and the Rosies are $699. If you want to go cheap the Havi B2 Pro's are less then$80 and sound very balanced with the DP-X1. Also you can get the PM3's direct from Oppo for $399.

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #14,692 of 16,326
I need some advise

I purchased used DP-DX1. It was in very good condition. I noted some slowness and connectivity issues with wifi but that I can forget.

When I connect HPs via 3.5mm I only hear one side and where I get it working still for slight movement of the cable give the same issue.

I have read that there is a manufacturing defect in the 3.5mm and 2.5mm connector in DP-X1 and and they corrected this in DP-DX1A

I cannot return the unit and I am not sure Onkyo with assist in anyway. Any suggestions

Thanks
Sanjeewa

Sorry to hear that. However, why do you think Onkyo will not assist you in getting this repaired? Onkyo has acknowledged this issue with the early DP-X1 models. The question is how much is it going to cost you. Have you tried going to the official Onkyo support form and posting this issue?
http://forums.onkyousa.com/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=850a5d17ec9e1c54092ff971adefc7df

Jul 14, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #14,693 of 16,326
Jul 14, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #14,694 of 16,326
Wondering if the problem with it upsampling 44.1 FLAC to 48 due to Android? is this still the case, and if so, have they indicated if it shall ever be resolved?
Is the DSD native also?
Picked up a DP-S1 due to the recent price discounting and it's my go-to pocket DAP now, still burning in but loving the sound already. Being non-Android it doesn't have the upsampling issue. I'm thinking of the larger DAP for a separate purpose and leaning towards the DP-X1 but I'm concerned as I'd rather not have the upsampling/resampling occur.

Thanks
-fm

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #14,695 of 16,326
Wondering if the problem with it upsampling 44.1 FLAC to 48 due to Android? is this still the case, and if so, have they indicated if it shall ever be resolved?
Is the DSD native also?
Picked up a DP-S1 due to the recent price discounting and it's my go-to pocket DAP now, still burning in but loving the sound already. Being non-Android it doesn't have the upsampling issue. I'm thinking of the larger DAP for a separate purpose and leaning towards the DP-X1 but I'm concerned as I'd rather not have the upsampling/resampling occur.

Thanks
-fm

The Onkyo Music Player app bypasses the native Android audio subsystem, as far as upsampling is concerned, and uses the Dual DACs at the music's correct sample rate. USB Audio Player Pro has its own driver, and also bypasses the upsampling (certainly for sending music to external USB DACs, not sure about how it interfaces to the internal DACs). Other third party apps, which make calls to the Android audio subsystem, do have the upsampling done.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #14,697 of 16,326
Hi, I have a question I would like to know where you downloaded the usb drivers if you could pass the link

Which type of PC / OS are you using?
Are you looking for the ADB USB driver, so that you can root the DP-X1?

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #14,698 of 16,326
Hello the problem is that my player is dead does not turn on. And I did download its battery but now when I connect it to my laptop (windows 7 ultimate) it starts to load. That is why I want the drivers so that windows at least detect it and thus be able to restore with a stock rom.

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #14,699 of 16,326
Which type of PC / OS are you using?
Are you looking for the ADB USB driver, so that you can root the DP-X1?
Hello the problem is that my player is dead does not turn on. And I did download its battery but now when I connect it to my laptop (windows 7 ultimate) it starts to load. That is why I want the drivers so that windows at least detect it and thus be able to restore with a stock rom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back