ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 9, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #13,711 of 16,326
  Need help here with the Pioneer 300R.
How to allow some other applications (Tidal) to access an external usb device (external DAC/Amp) to stream music through it? By default it gives it Music app only.

Does not help.
It is possible to disable Music but I don't know what would happen...it offers to replace it with the factory version, What's that?

The way USB works with the Onkyo is when you plug an external USB DAC, the Onkyo Music App will ask you (the pop-up that you mentioned) for usage. This will give the Music app EXCLUSIVE use of the USB DAC, it will need to as the Music app uses Onkyo's on driver. This means that through the Music app, the music will not be up-sampled unless you tell it to. While the Music app has been granted exclusive use, all other apps cannot work. 

If you select cancel, everything will work but will all be up-sampled to 192khz as it's done by Android.

BTW don't worry about the no clicking the right option in the pop up, it will show up again after you unplug and replug it into the DP-X1, even if you check use as default.

To make all over apps work with external USB, either select cancel when the pop up come up (and everything will be up-sampled to 192khz, you cannot change this) or

Sometimes USB won't detect properly if the screen is off, so if it's not connecting properly, turn on the screen then connect.

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #13,712 of 16,326
  Does not help.
It is possible to disable Music but I don't know what would happen...it offers to replace it with the factory version, What's that?

All this does is it will uninstall the Music app updates that you installed from the Google Play Store, it will go back to the original 1.xx version that came out of the box. No worries.

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #13,713 of 16,326
My car doesn't have Bluetooth, so I've only paired my DP-X1 to a Trinity Audio Bluetooth Lanyard.

Have you tried installing either the "Bluetooth Auto Connect" or "Bluetooth Pair" apps?

Unfortunately, this did not work. I don't know if the car is looking for a phone and a phone only to pair with or what. I guess using AUX will have to be good enough. I tried it and it still sounds pretty darn good.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #13,714 of 16,326
Anybody has the apk for the pioneer music player? Tried to download the one posted here but its no longer available... thanks in advance :)
And just to be sure, its ok to install it along with the onkyo music player? No downsides to it? Many thanks :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #13,715 of 16,326
Anybody has the apk for the pioneer music player? Tried to download the one posted here but its no longer available... thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

And just to be sure, its ok to install it along with the onkyo music player? No downsides to it? Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/U3C6t990cvxSIJDy0al0UC375FwPcx370XZVP98Gx7r?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #13,717 of 16,326

What happened before your unit android failed to load ? was it due to battery going flat ? or you tried to root ?

Hmm... I was tinkering around with the unit and I enabled the Developer Option under Android. At the time, I recall battery was about 85% and above.

I did not root the unit.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #13,718 of 16,326
Anyone found a decent screen protector yet, can't find one anywhere in UK?

Not sure about UK. But is looks decent...

http://www.stereo.com.sg/thecoopidea-screen-protector-for-onkyo-dp-x1-pioneer-xdp-100r.html

Not sure if they ship overseas though...

Edit: Apparently, they do (see FAQ: http://www.stereo.com.sg/faqs.html)

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #13,719 of 16,326

Hmm... I was tinkering around with the unit and I enabled the Developer Option under Android. At the time, I recall battery was about 85% and above.

I did not root the unit.

I don't know how relevant this is but here it goes.  I had a Samsung Galaxy s6 cell phone on Verizon.  I couldn't figure out how to get my phone to connect to my computer so I talked to Verizon and they told me to turn on developer mode.  A few months later I began frustrating cycle of lines on my screen and returning a phone a week by UPS.  Later I found out that it was caused by developer mode after they upgraded me to an S7 Edge and I tried the same with that too and it screwed it up.  Verizon told me after that that developer mode is very bad for the phones.  It was Verizon's fault for giving me bad advice and then telling me it was my fault for enabling developer mode.  My point is I would not recommend ever enabling developer mode.  It could brick or at leats cause annoying glitches with your device.

Cheers

Riley

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #13,723 of 16,326

I don't know how relevant this is but here it goes.  I had a Samsung Galaxy s6 cell phone on Verizon.  I couldn't figure out how to get my phone to connect to my computer so I talked to Verizon and they told me to turn on developer mode.  A few months later I began frustrating cycle of lines on my screen and returning a phone a week by UPS.  Later I found out that it was caused by developer mode after they upgraded me to an S7 Edge and I tried the same with that too and it screwed it up.  Verizon told me after that that developer mode is very bad for the phones.  It was Verizon's fault for giving me bad advice and then telling me it was my fault for enabling developer mode.  My point is I would not recommend ever enabling developer mode.  It could brick or at leats cause annoying glitches with your device.

Cheers

Riley

I agree with this. Opening developer mode actually set many permission to open. Any rogue glitch in software OS can potentially overwrite and ruin certain system area.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #13,724 of 16,326
If you never own Onkyo before, and you got moolah to spare, jump straight to X1A. It's not the extra storage that matters, but battery life & capacitors / components they change to better quality ones in X1A that matter.

So, does this mean that the X1A has better battery life than X1? Are there any real world tests or other data to prove it?

I'm awaiting for my X1A, should arrive shortly. But I've seen people complaining about the battery life here. Any inputs?

Thank you.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #13,725 of 16,326
A quick kind of off topic question for everyone....has anyone been able to pair their X1 with their car via blu-tooth? I tried yesterday and had no luck.

That's it, nice and simple.

Thanks,
Z

i could pair my dp-x1a with our cars no problem - dodge and infiniti. infiniti wouldn't see the onkyo until i rebooted it. both reconnected also without problems once i started the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back