Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Jun 27, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #766 of 799
This phone has very poor case options from what ive seen. The Kevlar case is the best looking one and pretty much the only one i have even the slightest chance to purchase beside the custom made one.

I bet its possible to 3d print a case with otterbox-level of protection. Too bad i dont know anyone with a 3d printer lol

The best-looking one is perhaps Dignis case. However this is no longer available.

594229daf292a.jpg

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #768 of 799
I tried to contact them through this email:
service.hk@pioneeronkyoasia.com
I hope you have better luck than me since I never had a response though...

you have to physically take the cm-dpx1 to their custom service for repairs and battery replacement in HK,or mail it to some one in Hong Kong at least

• Onkyo personal audio products (headphones, smartphone, digital audio player)
  • Address: Room 1033, 10/F, Star House, No.3 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
  • Service Hour: Mon - Sat: 9am - 12pm , 1pm - 6pm
  • Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

Jul 5, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #770 of 799
After owning one for 2 weeks so far, I can say this phone beats my LG V35 in terms of sound quality despite only having two ESS 9018 DACS compared to the LG having four of the same DAC. This can probably be attributed to the granbeat using a better AMP and circuitry producing a marginally better sound even on just single ended. I haven't been able to listen to balanced as the 2.5mm balanced cable for my etymotics haven't been ordered yet. The V35 (same audio chip as V30) is the better all around phone however as many of you know already.

I ended up getting the leather case from CDJapan despite ignoring it due to the 1-2 week backorder on it. Not many other options in stock or with reasonable shipping time so I pulled the trigger on it.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-43276

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #771 of 799
After owning one for 2 weeks so far, I can say this phone beats my LG V35 in terms of sound quality despite only having two ESS 9018 DACS compared to the LG having four of the same DAC. This can probably be attributed to the granbeat using a better AMP and circuitry producing a marginally better sound even on just single ended. I haven't been able to listen to balanced as the 2.5mm balanced cable for my etymotics haven't been ordered yet. The V35 (same audio chip as V30) is the better all around phone however as many of you know already.

I ended up getting the leather case from CDJapan despite ignoring it due to the 1-2 week backorder on it. Not many other options in stock or with reasonable shipping time so I pulled the trigger on it.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-43276

Thanks for impressions. FWIW, AFAIK different chips: V30 is 9218p and using integrated amp, Granbeat is 9018C2m with discrete opamps so you are probably right about that (and entirely seperate PCB for audio).

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #772 of 799
Thanks for impressions. FWIW, AFAIK different chips: V30 is 9218p and using integrated amp, Granbeat is 9018C2m with discrete opamps so you are probably right about that (and entirely seperate PCB for audio).
Ahh it is a newer chip then.

I always hated how the V30 had that impedance check with the amp. It would malfunction alot of times, triggering for efficient iems (ouch!). Glad the Granbeat doesn't have it.

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #773 of 799
The day has arrived. :sweat: :face_palm:

My DP-CMX1 battery has gotten swollen and is now pushing out the screen. :rage:

It still works fine, however does:
  1. Anyone know who to contact for repairs?
  2. Or how to open it?
  3. Or where I can get a replacement 3000 mAh 3.8v battery, that fits?
Thanks!

battery.jpg

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #775 of 799
Nice job opening it up. Is it hard to replace the battery?

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #777 of 799
Nevermind I just opened my DP-CMX1.

The original battery is APP00196, which I found here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/app00196.html

orginal battery.jpg

open.jpg

Damn .. i should have opened it up myself too .. I had the same issue as you, sent mine back to Onkyo HK for repairs .. Unit was sent back during Jan 2020, received my phone back in July 2020 ... 6 months of delay due to the chaos and Covid ...

Nov 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #779 of 799
by the way, has anyone figured out a way to root this phone? I am planning to use it as my In-Car Andriod Auto device now ... Can't fully utilize the apps unless it is rooted.

Rooting the Granbeat could also open the way for possible sound mods. A Custom recovery would also be a must for full system backups just like the DP-X1 has had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back