Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Oct 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #751 of 799
Considering it as a DAP, I think it is great. As a phone, it's not good enough. I really question if I would want to use it as a replacement of a smartphone on daily basis.
I was using it as my daily because I really loved its sound. For me it sounds better (and louder) than the LG V30, but I ended up buying the latter because it's a much better all-round phone. If you are OK with the small screen, the less-than-regular CPU performance and its poor battery, then go for it. Otherwise I would go for a LG G or V series. I grabbed mine new, V30+ 128 GB RAM version for 250 € new in Aliexpress and nowadays it should be even cheaper.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #752 of 799
Yeah, I can't recommend the Granbeat anymore, as a smartphone, it's really aged. I guess Onkyo doesn't have the manpower to compete in a rapidly evolving smartphone market. They are due for a refresh for a long time now.

(and the Granbeat tablet is nowhere to be found, even though it was announced early last year)

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #753 of 799
I am missing an update to a newer android version supporting LDAC out of the box.
I am also missing the opportunity of playing surround files as descriped here (MC output over USB).

Does anybody know if Onkyo HF Player can play surround files an give the data to a connected USB sound card like the Creative Sxfi Amp?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #754 of 799
anyone knows the customer support email address which I can contact? My CM-X1's battery is now bloated ... i need to get the battery replaced. This model is not available in Singapore, thus I can't bring this to the local authorized deailer ... :frowning2:

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #755 of 799
anyone knows the customer support email address which I can contact? My CM-X1's battery is now bloated ... i need to get the battery replaced. This model is not available in Singapore, thus I can't bring this to the local authorized deailer ... :frowning2:

I tried to contact them through this email:
service.hk@pioneeronkyoasia.com
I hope you have better luck than me since I never had a response though...

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #756 of 799
They should make Granbeat 2 with Android 9.0 OS, 4.4mm balanced output... and make its battery user replaceable.
All of Onkyo's portable players don't come with detachable batteries. So once your battery dies, it'll be really difficult to replace it.

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #757 of 799
I tried to contact them through this email:
service.hk@pioneeronkyoasia.com
I hope you have better luck than me since I never had a response though...

Thanks for your help. After several weeks of email communication with HK, my granbeat is finally on its way to HK for repair.
Hopefully it won't take weeks for it to come back to me with a brand new battery.

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #759 of 799
So no update on Granbeat Tablet? It looks and sounds perfect for me. I need a bigger screen and use my tab for general content use.

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #760 of 799
So no update on Granbeat Tablet? It looks and sounds perfect for me. I need a bigger screen and use my tab for general content use.

No news that I'm aware of. Doesn't look like it'll get a release. :frowning2:

I'm also quite looking forward for a media consumption focused tablet like that.

Jun 27, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #765 of 799

Users who are viewing this thread

Back