Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Mar 25, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #361 of 799
How is the battery with a normal smartphone usage in 2017? I am not very happy with my DP-X1 battery life, hope it can be used at least a day (working hours) with basic whatsapp and internet browsing. Oh well I'll go have a look at Broadway near my place a bit later.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #362 of 799
The battery is very good.
Much better than LG V10, ZTE Axon 7 or IPhone 7S Plus... i have 2 days of normal usage battery life (double sim standby, LTE on, etc.) when other my last phones only 1 day.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #363 of 799
The battery is very good.
Much better than LG V10, ZTE Axon 7 or IPhone 7S Plus... i have 2 days of normal usage battery life (double sim standby, LTE on, etc.) when other my last phones only 1 day.

Thanks, got one :p

Case is nice too!
ca0aeb690224f90084ce54cdff97fd73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935K

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #365 of 799
this mobile is High Res audio player and support high res files like . Flac DSD etc. are you sure you are asking the correct question for radio ? really Subhakr Bro :) why dont you buy Radio from as FM's very popular and in famous for there range in India . plus you NEED antenna over to listen Radio mirchi or vivdh Bharti

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #366 of 799
How is the battery with a normal smartphone usage in 2017? I am not very happy with my DP-X1 battery life, hope it can be used at least a day (working hours) with basic whatsapp and internet browsing. Oh well I'll go have a look at Broadway near my place a bit later.

Not bad, really. As I'm a heavy user, it doesn't last a full day for me, but also none other phone can. Screen-on time can exceed 4-5 hours just fine, so quite similar to any other phone. :)

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #368 of 799
I discovered the existence of this today.
It was the thing I was waiting for since years.
I immediately put ads to sell my HTC-10!

Same here, was waiting for this since the first iPhone, a music player with phone function. Not the other way around.

After around 24h of usage I can say that the battery life is pretty good, considering that I downloaded lot of stuff, WhatsApp backup, apps and it's still optimizing the consumption at this stage I believe.
It's quite thick, especially with the case, and heavy, it doesn't bother me but I'll probably have to give up using it for navigation on my bike / car.
The camera is pretty bad and slow, at least in low luminosity. Not an issue for me. Let see how everything goes later, during active days but I'm pretty happy and excited to listen to my music library at work.

Sent from my DP-CMX1 using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #369 of 799
this mobile is High Res audio player and support high res files like . Flac DSD etc. are you sure you are asking the correct question for radio ? really Subhakr Bro :) why dont you buy Radio from as FM's very popular and infamous for there range in India . plus you NEED antenna over to listen Radio mirchi or vivdh Bharti

Buddy, I do own a DP-X1 and I am aware of what it is good at. Enough with that condescending tone of yours and your assumptions from higher ground about which country I might be from and which FM stations you think I might be interested in checking. My question simply was to know if DP-CMX1, the cellphone variant of DP-X1 offers FM tuner. This thread is about a cellphone-DAP and FM Tuner checkbox is a valid enough question. Also, contrary to what you believe, one doesnt need to buy *antenna over* to receive FM on mobile phone - earphones do the job of receiving the FM signal.

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #370 of 799
Same here, was waiting for this since the first iPhone, a music player with phone function. Not the other way around.

After around 24h of usage I can say that the battery life is pretty good, considering that I downloaded lot of stuff, WhatsApp backup, apps and it's still optimizing the consumption at this stage I believe.
It's quite thick, especially with the case, and heavy, it doesn't bother me but I'll probably have to give up using it for navigation on my bike / car.
The camera is pretty bad and slow, at least in low luminosity. Not an issue for me. Let see how everything goes later, during active days but I'm pretty happy and excited to listen to my music library at work.

Sent from my DP-CMX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate!
Where did you buy the CMX1 in Hong Kong?
It would be great if you can shoot me a PM also with the price you paid!

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #371 of 799
Just received mine yesterday and I was totally blown away by the SQ after switching the output mode to High Gain
eek.gif
, a significant improvement over the dpx1

To the cmx1 owners please try below setting (if u have a 2.5mm TRRS Bal. cable):

1.Enable High Gain
2. BAL. Mode "on",
3. DSP set to "on" and Lock Range set to as close as possible to "Narrow"<--(This significantly improve the SQ as we are directly minimising the Jitter )
4. Remember to Turn Off EQ
color]

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #372 of 799
If I understand correctly, lock range is not a part of DSP, so it is unnecessary to have it on. Unless you use upsampling or EQ of course.

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #373 of 799
  Just received mine yesterday and I was totally blown away by the SQ after switching the output mode to High Gain
eek.gif
, a significant improvement over the dpx1

To the cmx1 owners please try below setting (if u have a 2.5mm TRRS Bal. cable):

1.Enable High Gain
2. BAL. Mode "on",
3. DSP set to "on" and Lock Range set to as close as possible to "Narrow"<--(This significantly improve the SQ as we are directly minimising the Jitter )
4. Remember to Turn Off EQ
color]

I bought it on last Friday and very impressive on the 2.5mm, my setting as below,

1. High Gain
2. BAL. Mode "ACG"
3. DSP set to "on" and Lock Range set to "Short"
4. no EQ

IEM: Min-audio Oriolus(3.5mm with DIY Unparalleled Signature cable) & JVC FW01(2.5mm with DIY Unparalleled Glass)

The battery life is extremely good since battery remain 60% left after continued to play DSF music files(MircoSD card) for 5 hours and 1.5 hours 3D online games & Whatsapp in past 6 hours. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back