Onkyo DAC Amp HA200
Nov 22, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #92 of 97
Hi everyone, I'm planning to get a £200 or below DAC/Amp for my portable use with my iphone 6s, got Sony xba z5 in use atm (normally have topping nx1a to play with and find it really good for the price with acceptable clarity and very good gain). The HA200 is a very attractive option with iOS compatibility, but can anyone compare the sound of this to the Cayin C5DAC (the new version with DAC added) and Meridian Explorer 2? My preferences are clarity, neutrality and balance which will help a long run of listening without fatigue.

Thanks a bunch in advance :D

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #93 of 97
Hi everyone, I'm planning to get a £200 or below DAC/Amp for my portable use with my iphone 6s, got Sony xba z5 in use atm (normally have topping nx1a to play with and find it really good for the price with acceptable clarity and very good gain). The HA200 is a very attractive option with iOS compatibility, but can anyone compare the sound of this to the Cayin C5DAC (the new version with DAC added) and Meridian Explorer 2? My preferences are clarity, neutrality and balance which will help a long run of listening without fatigue.

Thanks a bunch in advance
biggrin.gif

Hi,

I've had and used the HA200 for a week with my iPhone 7 but have not been convinced by it. Mainly due to "clicking" noises I was experiencing when listening to it. This was happening with both Music app and Onkyo's app.
Bulkiness was also bothering me.

I ended up reselling it and bought a Dragonfly Red instead, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #94 of 97
Hi,

I've had and used the HA200 for a week with my iPhone 7 but have not been convinced by it. Mainly due to "clicking" noises I was experiencing when listening to it. This was happening with both Music app and Onkyo's app.
Bulkiness was also bothering me.

I ended up reselling it and bought a Dragonfly Red instead, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sadly I have auditioned both the Red and Black and was not impressed much with how they processed the sound with my Z5 :frowning2: (and so did the much loved Mojo) the clicking sounds on seem annoying as some said Onkyo confirmed the problem with the 6s. Seems like I should look for another pair of IEMs instead lol. Would you mind telling which one do you use the Dragonfly with?

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #95 of 97
I don't use much my IEMs (AKG K3003) with the DFR they seem too sensitive (8 ohms & 125 dB SPL/V) to the power I guess, it was the same with the HA200.
The amp part is for more demanding ear/headphones for my use (V-Moda M100).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #96 of 97
I hope someone sees this: I have great offer for TEAC P50 for about 180$ and ONKYO HA 300 for 320$, both cost around half the price they normally do.
My question is: is it good idea to buy HA300 if I only plan to use it as a DAC to iPhone or P50 would be enough and there wouldn't be much difference in quality between these two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back