ONKYO DAC 1000 32/192 USB asynchronous
Dec 31, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #61 of 92
Ah out of all the ones your going through which do you feel have the best synergy?  I mean after you've done your burn in. 
wink.gif

Quote:
I've been going through most of my amps and headphones.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #62 of 92
My preference is for the Zana Deux SE with most dynamics I own. The exception to this would be the HE-6 and K1000, which sound better with the Beta 22 imo. The KGSS and SRM-717 in turn are what I use for my 'stats, the former delivering a more analytic and drier sound while the latter is more musical and slightly darker in presentation.

I've found all of these combinations work well with the DAC-1000. The good thing about a source that is closer to the neutral side of things is that it can get out of the way enough to let the synergy be more of an issue between the amp and headphones. At least, that's the theory.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #63 of 92
Ok Thank you!

Quote:
My preference is for the Zana Deux SE with most dynamics I own. The exception to this would be the HE-6 and K1000, which sound better with the Beta 22 imo. The KGSS and SRM-717 in turn are what I use for my 'stats, the former delivering a more analytic and drier sound while the latter is more musical and slightly darker in presentation.

I've found all of these combinations work well with the DAC-1000. The good thing about a source that is closer to the neutral side of things is that it can get out of the way enough to let the synergy be more of an issue between the amp and headphones. At least, that's the theory.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #64 of 92
Any more impressions after some more listening?

Anyone else decied to buy this DAC? The only thing that is keeping me from buyingit is the voltage stepd down I would have to buy.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #73 of 92
Does anyone know if you can change the output dB or is it set to a level?  Anyone know that level?  I cannot find any specifics. Also, has anyone heard if it will be released outside of Japan soon?

Edit looks like it outputs 2.0 V(rms) and 4.0 V(rms).

RCA:2.0 V(rms)/330Ω
XLR:4.0 V(rms)/660Ω

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #74 of 92
I've had my eye on the DAC-1000 for a while and finally broke down and picked one up.  The build quality is quite impressive.  You can see they paid a lot of attention to vibration control.  It still needs a little more break-in but I like what I'm hearing so far.  Unfortunately I won't be able to give any useful comparisons as I only have a MS2 and a couple oddball, modded sources.

Quote:
Does anyone know if you can change the output dB or is it set to a level?  Anyone know that level?  I cannot find any specifics. Also, has anyone heard if it will be released outside of Japan soon?

Outputs are fixed.  The only options are for upsampling (2x, 4x, off) and auto-standby mode.  I don't think there are any plans to release it outside of Japan.  They were going to import it to Europe but the UK distributor is showing it as discontinued on their info page.  However, the guts are used in the P-3000R preamp (sans balanced outs) which is sold here.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #75 of 92
This thing would look stunning in black, is it 100% certain it won't be going anywhere but japan ?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/avac/item/dac-1000/

$697 AUD + $82 AUD shipping...

For $800 this is quite a decent DAC, according to specs only ofc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back