OnePlus One
Oct 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #76 of 203
  Do you guys think that OPO needs Viper4Android instead of AudioFX (Pre-installed).??
Since I am using Sony Xperia P, and due to its support ended at 4.1.2, I installed unofficial CM11 into it and then I started missing the Sony Walkman and its MusicFX.

Then V4A comes into my story and after a whole day of tweaking, I actually managed to get a sound, which I never get out of my PC.. xD
Em owing ATH-M40x and alot of people over here says that after using M40x & M50x, M40x have a flat response and less bass as compared to M50x.

But after driving by V4A, they get magically converted into ATH-M40x cum Beats by Dre. The bass is too gud with distortion.. Perfect mids and Low. Flawless Highs. Love the sound on Xperia P.

So, Do u think I shud get the V4A for OPO too.. I just ordered my OPO and Its in SnS Stations, so it will delivered to my country in just 1 week or so. Actually OnePlus doesn't deliver it to India currently.. :D

I just loaded V4A last night on my OPO; seems to work well so far, i can't comment on audio difference yet as I haven't had a chance to sit in a quiet area and compare.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #78 of 203
*update* on my JDS Labs C5D.   

OnePlusOne---usb-otg--->C5D-->Shure s846-cl.

Connects nicely, and sounds good.  After ~30 minutes; sound gets 'fluttery'.  Seems to be as the phone warms up; I hear almost a sharp single tone shadow of the currently playing music..  The longer I let it play; the more often you hear it.  Really takes you out of the music.  I *only* hear it with my s8s.    If I plug anything else it it sounds as expected. (The sensitivity?).  USB components of the phone warming somehow maybe?  If i plug via separate cable into my laptop; an hour or more of DAC+AMP usage doesn't reproduce; only out of my OPO via usb to the c5d after ~20 minutes of warmup(If i give me a few minutes of break; it appears again much sooner once I begin playing again)...

I also don't hear the noise when I hook up the c5d via mini-to-mini cable and use purely as an AMP, or if I less sensitive headphones on the C5D., or when I hook the C5D up to my MBP via usb.  I also installed V4A on the phone, and placed it in airplane mode with the same results. 

The only two things I don't have the ability to isolate being USB on the phone and the USB-OTG cable; I would guess the phone being much more likely the culprit..  :frowning2:  C5 as an amp isn't much of an improvement vs using the headphone jack straight that I can tell(both sounds good); but using it as a DAC+AMP is a noticeable improvement.  Darn :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #80 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by worminater /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*update* on my JDS Labs C5D.   

OnePlusOne---usb-otg--->C5D-->Shure s846-cl.

Connects nicely, and sounds good.  After ~30 minutes; sound gets 'fluttery'.  Seems to be as the phone warms up; I hear almost a sharp single tone shadow of the currently playing music..  The longer I let it play; the more often you hear it.  Really takes you out of the music.  I *only* hear it with my s8s.    If I plug anything else it it sounds as expected. (The sensitivity?).  USB components of the phone warming somehow maybe?  If i plug via separate cable into my laptop; an hour or more of DAC+AMP usage doesn't reproduce; only out of my OPO via usb to the c5d after ~20 minutes of warmup(If i give me a few minutes of break; it appears again much sooner once I begin playing again)...

I also don't hear the noise when I hook up the c5d via mini-to-mini cable and use purely as an AMP, or if I less sensitive headphones on the C5D., or when I hook the C5D up to my MBP via usb.  I also installed V4A on the phone, and placed it in airplane mode with the same results. 

The only two things I don't have the ability to isolate being USB on the phone and the USB-OTG cable; I would guess the phone being much more likely the culprit..  :frowning2:  C5 as an amp isn't much of an improvement vs using the headphone jack straight that I can tell(both sounds good); but using it as a DAC+AMP is a noticeable improvement.  Darn :frowning2:

This is all useful information, worminator; thanks for posting about the DAC/Amp I'd been considering as a next purchase.  I'll add your findings to the DAC list on XDA before or over the weekend.

Just had a look at your page,the OPO works with the Stoner Acoustics UD120 DAC with and without UAPP.
Although Ive still to come across a better sounding player than UAPP.

I appreciate your letting me ken, cattlethief.  I'll revise that entry on the list.

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #81 of 203
Any of you have an invite? Not slept for days in my hunt but to no avail 
deadhorse.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #83 of 203
I will say that feeding the glacier via USB sounds phenomenal. Even though I have the mobile networks turned off I still get interference through the glacier from the WiFi when the glacier is stacked below the opo and thus I need to turn on airplane mode. Problem solved.

BTW the only reason I bought the opo was for portable streaming to the glacier. I only wish it was a little smaller to match the glaciers footprint. If I could put the opo on the Verizon network I would likely buy another.

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #87 of 203
Is it just me or is the headphone out super sibilant? I'm not particularly sensitive towards it but even I notice it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back